Suggestion to CE

I think,If the following things are added, It will be better.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€

In home page,

1. In sidebar or any place in homepage, sign in feature for crazyengineers.net mail shold be enabled.
2. Top posts of the week.

Other features,

1. providing blogs from CE site itself, ie., there should be an option for creating blog from ce site.

2 providing file upload feature.

If these features are provided means, CE site will spread across the world faster.This is my thought.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good ideas!

Yeah, the file upload feature is a popular request since a long time ago. We can do that once we move on to a dedicated server or something ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @MS_CS: Thanks for the post. The CE homepage is going to be redesigned over the next few months. I'm waiting for a better integration between the CMS we use and the forum software.

File upload facility is little tricky; as Ash said, it will be added when we move to dedicated server or Amazon cloud ( ๐Ÿ˜ )

Blogs for members is a good idea. Added it to the list. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    thanks for accepting my ...
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @ms_cs, Are you sure your blogs feature is really going to attract ENGINEERS to this site? I don't think so. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    nice ideas....

may be technical articles or place for white papers...?

-Cb
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    crazyboy
    nice ideas....

-Cb
    Thank you CB
    Technical articles.

I did not read much white papers.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    shalini_goel14
    @ms_cs, Are you sure your blogs feature is really going to attract ENGINEERS to this site? I don't think so. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Yes, of course, If it has the unique content means It will,๐Ÿ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    crazyboy
    nice ideas....

-Cb
    Yes may be some informative blogs can attract engineers over here rather than junk people.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Right now our primary target is to attract people. There is a section in CE Chillax chit-chat which may be of use for the engineers which are not very much into tyechnical. Once they will join CE later or sooner they will be automatically inspired by CE's technical section as well.

So technical articles and normal blogs both may help in this regard.

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have a suggestion here .
    Under names of Shalini and Silver Scorpion we have CEom March and April respectively.
    If they are linked to the thread corresponding the announcement that would look good .

Wat say guys ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's just a title that is awarded. I don't see how it could be useful. Plus, if a member wins the title twice, we'll have to add two links.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I mean if people in CE who is not aware of all these awards as such can check it and understand what the respective person has contributed and how can they will.
    I think it will create interest for people ๐Ÿ˜€
    just a idea if you say its usage is limited to its complexity then fine no issues.
    Will try for few other ideas ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll keep this noted in my diary and see if it goes well with our next upgrade (another major one).
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thanks Biggie.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey guys i have a suggestion , i got this idea after reading the thread to ask questions to Dr.Wolfram.

When a new person joins CE he gets a mail regarding the registration , In that mail can we link to the thread How and Where to post What on CE?

Or we can write few lines regarding the same like please post your project requests in Projects thread,

job requests in Jobs thread etc etc...Such that we dont have those stuff in good threads?

They are like spam ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi E-S!

This indeed has been on the list and I'll be fixing it within next two days. We've also had plans of providing 'CE Welcome Kit' to all registered members.
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    This is a great Idea Instead...at least the sign in feature should be enabled in the home page...Yeah!! you can also keep the blog gsection which is a very good act of attracting more CEa'ns.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I see. The homepage is read only and therefore, does not require login. The login is only required on forums for contributing stuff.

We are open to all who only want to read the content.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The_Big_K
    Hi E-S!

This indeed has been on the list and I'll be fixing it within next two days. We've also had plans of providing 'CE Welcome Kit' to all registered members.

Oh! Its cool ๐Ÿ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    What will the "CE Welcome Kit" consist of??
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey i heard that we have a Resume format ๐Ÿ˜€

Do we have any format how we need to give a presentation?
    Technical presentation etc , presentation on Project etc ?

How it would be if we create some thing for people? we are not giving a project instead we give a blue print for people.
    What say guys?

If this is already there , let me know please.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Go ahead, start a new project inside CE Labs.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ok..

But i am sure i am no good for it, i hope we have more better people who can do best for a presentation format.

GF or Kashish or CB are people to name a few can take the ownership. I am no good in ownership of that one though..
    I will share my experiences and ideas there!!! so GF are you listening?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    English-Scared
    Ok..

But i am sure i am no good for it, i hope we have more better people who can do best for a presentation format.

GF or Kashish or CB are people to name a few can take the ownership. I am no good in ownership of that one though..
    That's no excuse. You've to take the initiative and inspire others to follow your ideas. Let others feel they are better than you at designing the slides and beautiful things will come up. You'll see.

All we need is someone who can start and sustain the initiative.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Well said Biggi...

@ ES - go ahead and start a new thread, everybody will give you inputs and outcome will be a real good presentation.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    English-Scared
    Ok..

i am sharing my one Presentation here.. i will make general format for the project presentation also
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @Biggie and CB i will start a thread soon ๐Ÿ˜€ if not GF will start ๐Ÿ˜€

yes no escape i will do my best in that part as in my college i didnt prepare any presentation so i want to learn things now.

@GF :Go ahead dude thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    English-Scared
    @Biggie and CB i will start a thread soon ๐Ÿ˜€ if not GF will start ๐Ÿ˜€

yes no escape i will do my best in that part as in my college i didnt prepare any presentation so i want to learn things now.

@GF :Go ahead dude thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
    Here is one Thread... lets make it done.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

#-Link-Snipped-#

From now No more Discussion here *No spamming in this Thread*

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, Can any one tell me, how I can take benefits of CE? Note: Do not advertise external sites without prior permission.
Hi all, This a game which deals with physics. Draw different shapes and grab all the black balls. Here is the link PerthWOW: Gravity master I am sure you will...
which particular subject in mechanical has most job oppurtunity.
hi.........friends i need to do a minor project.i m in 3rd year and i m very much confused which topic to select so can u post a topic with detail...
A very interesting application of Embedded Technology developed by Prof. Agarwal Termed ShwaasPathy i.e. Convert Your Breath into Medicine and get rid of all kinds of Diseases by Improving your...