Suggestion Needed: Leaving the company I work for. What now?

Hey all, I need some expert advice here. I have worked for a product based company for almost an year and then switched to another company (product based too).
I have been toiling around for about 2 months here and hardly liking even a bit of it. I have been thinking about it since many weeks and finally came to a conclusion to leave the job. I don't want to stick to it just to get some money and end up signing the bond that they want me to sign.
My question to all of you is what shall I do now? I really though of working for an year and then going for GATE when I was starting my career previous year. Is M.Tech a good option now? Can I do something else and try expanding my technical expertise in the meanwhile or start looking for another job?
Any suggestions would be welcome..

Thanks a lot

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's quite a situation to be in. If I understand you properly, you're not happy with the new company that you joined because they want you to sign the bond. It'd be worth revisiting your decision to join the company had you known that the company asks you to sign a bond. Now, I'll never recommend opting for higher education for the sake of getting a few more letters after your name. Do it ONLY when you are absolutely sure of the outcome and KNOW that an additional degree will help in your career.

Else, you'll end up losing money & time as well.

In my opinion - you should give yourself some time to figure out what it is that you expect from your career. Do you enjoy the work (not the company)? If yes, you could look at joining another company, but you shouldn't quit your current company unless you secure your next job.

You'll have to examine the career options you will have after successfully completing M.Tech. Check what kind of jobs people are getting who've been through the course and whether that's something you'd really love to have. As always recommended, you've to be passionate about the things to be successful. Maybe giving yourself some free time to think about it would be the first thing to do.

Think of your dream career and things you should do now to achieve it in the next 3-5 years. You should be absolutely clear in your mind that you're walking on the 'right path'.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Its not just the bond. I am not happy to be in the company because of the work. I would have no problem signing up the bond if I am satisfied with the work that I am doing. The domain that I am here in is completely different from what I have ever aspired to work into. Many people have been advising me not to leave the company unless I get another job but if I don't do so I will have to sign a bond of 2 years with the current company and that too for the work that I don't enjoy doing.

As far as PG is concerned, yes I have always been interested in doing M.Tech after gaining some working experience so that is something that I have to consider given the situation i am in. I tried to manage to get some time to study some new technologies but I hardly get time after spending a major part of the day in the office.

Yes, I have thought about it. I don't want to continue the same thing that I am doing currently for 2 more years as it will definitely hurt my career in the long run.
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you sure ,you will get the different work after doing M tech what you are suffering in present?
    First understand your ability.M tech from general college in not so remarkable.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I am pretty sure you can find another job that aligns closer to your interests.

What technologies are you aiming to be involved in anyway?
  • Brodon
    Brodon
    I don't understand your information.Please explaine your topic clearly..........
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Well, I have decided that I am going to stick on to the job given the scenario outside.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    I would like to make my career in Business Intelligence field and I am interested in Hadoop.. I hope I get an opportunity in future for this
    Fingers crossed
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nick_Sharma
    Well, I have decided that I am going to stick on to the job given the scenario outside.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    I would like to make my career in Business Intelligence field and I am interested in Hadoop.. I hope I get an opportunity in future for this
    Fingers crossed
    That's awesome! May I ask what your current job scope is like? I know sometimes its hard to balance different interests, but if you can strike a nice balance, you should be able to still pursue enhancing your knowledge and skills in BI. Like, start allocating a few hours a day after work just for BI. Once you can get into the routine, hopefully it will be easier for you.

Also don't forget post more threads about BI & Hadoop on CE too, really interesting stuff 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was wondering, whether it is possible to get the assembly codes of the cartridge based gaming console by any possible way ? If No,then what's reason behind that ?...
This is the news we think a lot of us have been waiting for - Reliance to make an official entry in to the 4G Internet markets in India. TOI...
So, suddenly I don't know what happened to me, I am very much attracted to 8-bit games & 16-bit sega games. i want them in Raspberry Pi. A question popped...
for some companies there is a video synthesis test. a movie clipping will be given and we have to write a few points about the clipping. Many students (even highly...
hi there what is the difference between OFDM and COFDM and IOFDM ? I searched the Internet and found out that COFDM comes from Coded OFDM that is because of...