[Suggestion needed] 32" LED Tv

I am looking to buy 32" (inch) Full HD LED tv.
Featured Required:-
1. Can able to play video format from USB/HDD including format like .mkv, .mp4. (Must feature)
2. Can able to sustain power fluctuation (Village Electricity) - If not, what sort of stabilizer should I get.

I am using and sorted out LED TV 32PFL6357/V7 | Philips(Offical price 35K )which plays all the video from my 2TB hdd (which has tons of files).
What are the other options in 32-40 inch section?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd suggest Samsung Smart LED TV (any size) any day over any other brand. Have used Sony and Samsung both; and Samsung's got some awesome displays. You should be able to play .mkv and mp4.

Do remember to carry sample MKV or MP4 files to a showroom before you make a decision to buy. I'd also recommend that you should go to a multi-brand shop and compare Samsung / SONY / LG side-by-side. Picture quality is quite a personal preference. I was pretty much impressed by Samsung when we bought a TV for home.
  • Maratiraju
    Maratiraju
    As per my reviews, Micromax 32B200HDi 81 cm (32) LED TV

is reliable and good.

Key Features of Micromax 32B200HDi 81 cm (32) LED TV

LED Display
    81 cm (32)
    HD Ready, 1366 x 768
    2 x HDMI, 1 x USB

its available from flipkart Rs.15990 and with exchange on old tv it is at Rs. 12990
    More information and reviews you can check on the Flipkart website. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Smart LED TV
    We don't have internet connection at home, we still have only 2g (Damn cellphone companies launching LTE/4g crap when they can't provide proper network to village area).
    If required I can use google dongle kind of stuff to do the job, right!

Maratiraju
    Micromax 32B200HDi
    I would have thought of Micromax but delivery is not there (Varanasi region). I am not sure about service.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    We don't have internet connection at home, we still have only 2g (Damn cellphone companies launching LTE/4g crap when they can't provide proper network to village area).
    If required I can use google dongle kind of stuff to do the job, right!
    A TV typically has a life-span of a decade or so. I think it's better to make your purchase future proof. That's why I suggested a smart TV. If you're buying a TV anyway - better go for a smart TV. I don't use internet much on TV either; but it's there in case I need it. Of course, the purchase decision needs to be influenced by the end-user/use.

I've used Sony Bravia (~4 year old) and Samsung Smart TV (~1 year old). Did extensive comparison between Sony, Samsung, LG (other brands were not considered) and found out that it was Samsung that offered most bang for the buck.

One most important use of Smart TV is that you can easily pair it with your phone to view photos and videos directly on the big screen. Do keep this feature in mind while making your decision.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    How skype works with smart tv?
    Do they have camera inbuilt?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    How skype works with smart tv?
    Do they have camera inbuilt?
    Nope. The Samsung SmartTV sells the camera module separately; but you should be able to negotiate it for free inclusion ( I did 😛 ). I think many sellers bundle it with the TV itself.

Having a separate camera is actually an advantage. You can take it off when you don't need it. I've tried Skype on Samsung TV and it works very well. The picture quality is good (720p cam).
  • NiteshBagde
    NiteshBagde
    Anoop Kumar
    I am looking to buy 32" (inch) Full HD LED tv.
    Featured Required:-
    1. Can able to play video format from USB/HDD including format like .mkv, .mp4. (Must feature)
    2. Can able to sustain power fluctuation (Village Electricity) - If not, what sort of stabilizer should I get.

I am using and sorted out LED TV 32PFL6357/V7 | Philips(Offical price 35K )which plays all the video from my 2TB hdd (which has tons of files).
    What are the other options in 32-40 inch section?
    Hi there,
    Please direct me regarding usage of this site. As I am unable to see any link for new posts, PM or new thread.
    Thank you.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    NiteshBagde
    Hi there,
    Please direct me regarding usage of this site. As I am unable to see any link for new posts, PM or new thread.
    Thank you.
    Maybe #-Link-Snipped-# has added some restrictions for new users to avoid spams.
    Don't be leech, participate in discussions, and soon everything will be open to you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    NiteshBagde
    Hi there,
    Thank you.
    15 posts and magical doors will open.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    NiteshBagde
    Hi there,
    Thank you.
    For starting new discussion, go to any sub-forum of your choice and see at the top right corner. You should see the 'Start New Discussion' button.
  • msuresh444
    msuresh444
    LG 5300J 32" Smart TV and Full HD. This is a good one too. Price is 32k appox.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    msuresh444
    LG 5300J 32" Smart TV and Full HD. This is a good one too. Price is 32k appox.
    LG smart Tv doesn't support .mkv.
    Does Samsung/(any other) fully support MKV from Y I F Y or mkvĈàge (1080p), needs confirmation?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    LG smart Tv doesn't support .mkv.
    Does Samsung/(any other) fully support MKV from Y I F Y or mkvĈàge (1080p), needs confirmation?
    Confirmed. Downloaded a sample file from this page: #-Link-Snipped-# , loaded it up on to a USB and inserted it directly into Samsung Smart TV. The video played nicely; no frame drops or anything.

👍
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Thanks.. #-Link-Snipped-# for confirming Divx. Though I am looking for mkv container which is used by encoders like Y I F Y in .mp4 or .mkv format.
    I have interstellar full HD, around 3.5GB, it plays on Philips TV but no audio (May be audio code not supported).
    I see Samsung supports mkv but somewhere in another forum people complaining about some of the files. I have to make sure, top requirement works.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I read about those complaints as well; that's why I confirmed whether I can play full HD .mkv on my Samsung Smart TV. It works well. I already have played a number of .mp4 (full HD) files shot on my phone on the TV.

The best way to verify is to take your pen drive to the Samsung Showroom and ask them to play it directly off the USB.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The best way to verify is to take your pen drive to the Samsung Showroom and ask them to play it directly off the USB.
    Thanks for the help. I will do it. Problem is, I am out of India and when I will be back I will have just few minutes at showroom to decide which one to go. That's why I am narrowing down available choices.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Anoop Kumar
    If your house is susceptible to power fluctuations, I recommend getting a AVR to protect your TV in general. If you can increase the budget, then go for a UPS.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Finally I got Sony R48b 32" this sunday with direct wifi.
    Colors are definitely great.
    Supporting all files with subtitles and seek function is fast enough to browse whole movie within a min.
    Tv able to read 2tb HDD within few sec and file browsing is smooth.

There are two three file which are not playing but others are perfectly fine.

For voltage fluctuation, purchased a voltage stabilizer specially for led TV from local manufacture.

Drawback till date:
    USB resume *not available. But as I said seek is truly fast.

Comparison with other led tv:
    Didn't get chance to compare with Samsung side by side because of Sunday. But Sony is definetly better than Phillips, Lg and Panasonic.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Huawei is enjoying quite the good sales with its Honor series and now we have the talk of two new variants to join the bandwagon. It is Huawei Honor 7...
Researchers at the Stanford University have developed a new type of carbon material that can enable unprecedented performance in the traditional lithium sulphur batteries and supercapacitors. This new 'designer carbon'...
The amazing properties of Graphene have been astonishing us all for quite some time now. Researchers are working hard on realizing the special material's true potential. In a recent research...
Microsoft is still testing the latest and the greatest Windows 10 operating system and is keeping lips tight closed about the pricing. However, it looks like an online retailer has...
hi, I'am a passed out student from pondicherry engineering with B.tech specialization in EEE....i am interested in doing an internship in plc,scada,DCS.....cz i am kinda interested in automation sector.....then i...