Suggestion| A separate computer-aided modeling and analysis section

tried finding this section somewhere, couldn't find it. if it exists, please.. tell me?

so.. what do you think? we can share our experiences with different modeling and analysis softwares. we can post tutorials and how-to's. we can post questions related to the softwares...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We introduce a new section when there are enough threads on a topic. Otherwise, the sections suffer from inactivity. If we get at least 20 active discussions on CAD/CAM - we'll start a new section.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    It is inactive comparative to others because people are much away from it. Again it is difficult subject. so my suggestion is that creat sub forum & request some experts to create the tutorials on it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Isn't CAD/CAM a part of Mechanical Engineering studies? I guess we can have couple of tutorials , discussion in that section and if those discussions get momentum, we'll introduce a sub-section. We however have 'resources & tutorials' sections - which is the best place to discuss everything.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    CAD, CAM is a part of mechanical engineering. I have tried uploading/sharing some simple videos in mechanical tutorials section before. If you want I will share some more videos. They are actually available on You-tube. I select the most appropriate ones and post them.

It is basically that you should have a software installed on your computer and that you practice it. In case you have any difficulty in practicing commands on CATIA, we can discuss it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Forgot to mention, if admin starts a new subsection, it is well and good otherwise existing tutorials section would suffice. It helps a lot of people.
    There are a lot of NPTEL videos which I regularly watch and I will post some written materials as soon as I get time to do that. It will also be beneficial for CAD/CAM I think.

P.S: If anyone can contribute, please share your knowledge.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Creating a new sub-section isn't a huge problem. The only concern is keeping it alive. We may give it a go if few CEans are willing to contribute to it and initiate discussions.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sure Biggie, we have very few mech people around. But will need to ask them if they would discuss those videos.

Currently, tutorials section would suffice as we do not have many people.

P.S: One enthusiastic mech CEan would be Ammar Aziz. He is interested in designing. He is dab hand at Auto cad. I will talk to him once he comes online. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Another one is my friend named Ashish Gaikwad, he is brilliant in PRO-E He is currently in UK. I will try to contact him too. Plus Some of my classmates including me can do something in CATIA. It will be good practice to us too.

P.S: the only problem is that they should be interested in sharing too. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @ Biggie: If you can tell me how to convert a pdf file to image, then I have a lot of drawings to share. In that case I promise to contribute to new section.

I think we have to upload it on Picasa right? there is one more site. Please tell me. ๐Ÿ˜€

Currently, I have done a very simple thing. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I make a lot of designs everyday. whole day I spend increasing my designing capabilities. But after sharing it on CE, people will comment on those which will be helpful for me. That is why I want to take up this activity.

Recently I also designed steering mechanism of a car. ๐Ÿ˜€ Sharing will be cool.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @ Biggie: How I will give justice to this sub-section?

I will only concentrate on this section. I will leave all forum activities. After a few days, I will have uploaded so many drawings that you will yourself say that this section is rocking.

Trust me. I always keep my word.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    #-Link-Snipped-#=> @ Biggie: If you can tell me how to convert a pdf file to image, then I have a lot of drawings to share. In that case I promise to contribute to new section.

I think we have to upload it on Picasa right? there is one more site. Please tell me. [โ€‹IMG]

Currently, I have done a very simple thing. #-Link-Snipped-#
    It is very simple. First create world document of your images add some words, heading, sentences,etc. if you want. save this file as a word file.
    Now go to our best friend "Google" & search for pdf converter/ creator. many times it is freeware.
    Again some site provide online conversion go to that site uplode your document & then it provide pdf link of that document you have to downlode it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thank you Gaurav,

However I am having designing software which gives me facility of converting CAD drawings to pdf. I want to convert those to images which we can upload on CE by using that green button above by pasting URL.

For examples images like this->[โ€‹IMG]

Source of image: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Currently I am merely uploading in the form of pdf files as I have done it here #-Link-Snipped-#

P.S: The drawing in post number #14 is not mine.
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    I will help make that section too ishu.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sure Atul. Thanks. You too can help. If any problems,contact mods.They will help you ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @ Biggie, I have this thing. Do check it out. ๐Ÿ˜€ #-Link-Snipped-#

I will come up with more ideas in future. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    What are basic requirements to start a new section/sub section?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ishutopre
    What are basic requirements to start a new section/sub section?
    40-50 active discussions on a topic, typically.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    On the Civil section there a lot of Autocad 3d tutorial.
    Is this will be included in computer-aided modeling and analysis section???๐Ÿ˜•
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I can only guarantee discussions (read *threads*), active or not depends... let us hope for the best. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans we are back once again with our KYCEan series and this time presenting the one of the very active CEans a CE Maniac and a VoiCE author,his areas...
For every 7 consecutive days you sign-in to the Yahoo! homepage (Yahoo.com), Yahoo! Mail, or Yahoo! Mobile Yahooโ€™ll give you one entry to win a year of premium coffee. The...
The BarMax CA and NY app works on both the iPhone and iPad, allowing law students to study for bar exams. The app includes videos that were co developed with...
WindowTabs is a tool for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) that provides tabbed window management for your desktop applications. More interestingly, it runs in...
Designer and Creative Technologist Dong Yoon Park has created an app called The TypeClock app. It features four different types of design, the ability to assign characters displayed, change type...