Suggest me which platform is easy for my project...

hello every one ,i m final year student IT student and i m making a project ONLINE EDUCATION SYSTEM here i have to provide virtual class and online exam .so any one can suggest me which platform will be easy in implement... plz suggest me...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The choice of the platform (and technology) will be determined by the functionalities you wish to incorporate and the overall nature of the project. For example - 'online' could mean a LAN based system Or a WEB based system and it 'may' lead to different technology needs. So it will help if you could provide more details about the way your system is supposed to function.

Then, you'll also have to figure out which platform or technology you are comfortable with. Because we don't know which one you will find as 'easy'. PHP / JAVA might be easy for me, but .Net could be easier for you!

But overall, I believe PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript and MySQL. If not PHP, you might want to look at Ruby programming language with Rails framework.
  • gopal68
    gopal68
    sir thank's for reply ..in actual i have a basic knowledge of php/java/.net bt not more knowledge any language and i want to make this project live and here i have to provide ONLINE EXAM pattern like CAT pattern with more security features and virtual Class (only user can access) and CHAT room and many other basic function......
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gopal68
    sir thank's for reply ..in actual i have a basic knowledge of php/java/.net bt not more knowledge any language and i want to make this project live and here i have to provide ONLINE EXAM pattern like CAT pattern with more security features and virtual Class (only user can access) and CHAT room and many other basic function......
    Like I said - PHP, mySQL along with JavaScript looks like a better option in your case. JavaScript should be easy to pick. If you want to add some more Jazz to your project; you might as well consider AJAX for your portal's front end.

For the type of project you've planned, you're going to need a lot more than just basic PHP (or Java or .Net). Looks like a learning curve ahead.
  • sookie
    sookie
    #-Link-Snipped-# Liked your idea of virtual classroom. I guess may be you need to focus on graphics , 3D, animation more or your idea is just to provide boring PDFs/docs/tutorials to read online and give the exam?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sookie
    #-Link-Snipped-# Liked your idea of virtual classroom. I guess may be you need to focus on graphics , 3D, animation more or your idea is just to provide boring PDFs/docs/tutorials to read online and give the exam?
    Yep, and that'd require either Flash programming (totally new thing to learn) or JavaScript Or HTML5+CSS3 combo; right?

I guess PDFs and Docs can always be offered as attachments.
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    gopal68
    It;'s a nice idea (virtual class room and online examination ). Thats the basic problem of today's engineering Students . They don't have the required knowledge of useful technology's by corporate company's .
    Ok , Any way my suggestion is also to go for HTML,Javascript and php . I think you must had some knowledge of HTML,DHTML,Javascrit . Then try to learn php and do good work for your project .
    All the best....
  • gopal68
    gopal68
    thank's to all....for reply.....
  • gopal68
    gopal68
    hi every one , any one tell me how we connect database(MySql) with php in XAMPP server..
  • meetramprasad
    meetramprasad
    Hi,
    review this PHP MySQL Connect to database you get an idea.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Also check: #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all, I have an Interview with tata tech tomorrow... And I have to be prepared for a group discussion. I would like some common topics for me to read...
What is the package in ISB Hyderabad for MBA graduates?
How much is the placement package for the MS in Materials Engineering guys from National University of Singapore?
The Developers of popular iOS and Android game, 'Dead Trigger' got frustrated because of the high levels of piracy on Android and decided to offer the game for free to...
The idea is to create a chat application using Java. Abstract: The chat application has several features. It can create and open multiple chat rooms. The applications should also be...