Suggest me a Laptop for the following needs

Hello Friends

Kindly suggest me a laptop for following needs

1:- Light weight : not more than 2 KG (Most important)

2:- Screen Size: between 10 " - 14 "

3:- Battery Back up (I should be able to travel for around 10 hrs and it should not require charger)

4:- Hard disk storage ( 300 GB would be enough)

5:- Ram 2 GB

6:- Wi-fi , Bluetooth etc

My Budget is 35k to 50 k

Replies

• lovejeet
    lovejeet
    suggested 1's are:
    #-Link-Snipped-# (dell)

HP Pavilion DM4-1024TX
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    I'd choose the dell.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE Designer
    I'd choose the dell.
    Dell ain't no good for the battery life.

If you can extend your budget by a few thousand; go with a Mac. I've always had great experience with the battery backup. But then, you'll be a bit limited by the choice of software.

HP & SONY, I've heard, offer good battery backup. But please take another opinion before you decide on them.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    I agree with Big_k😀 ...........I am also using Dell laptop and the battery is not very impressive at all. Better go for HP.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    and i guess hp and hcl gives better price value of their products than dell and other brands.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    My vote goes to HP as well. 👍
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The_Big_K
    If you can extend your budget by a few thousand; go with a Mac. I've always had great experience with the battery backup. But then, you'll be a bit limited by the choice of software.
    I am also thinking of buying mac

can you please tell me more about this?
    "you'll be a bit limited by the choice of software."
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    I am also thinking of buying mac

can you please tell me more about this?
    "you'll be a bit limited by the choice of software."
    Windows has several options for software. Can you elaborate a bit on your primary usage of the laptop and what software you'll need for your work?
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    I would suggest you to select among Dell XPS series(15 or14z) and HP pavilion Dv6 series.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    If battery life is high on your list of criteria then you can always request a 9 cell battery. I have been using my dell 1520 for over 5 years now. After the first year i had to change my motherboard, but that was my fault. I used to run high graphic games for long periods of time and put it in my backpac right after. Poor ventilation caused it to sweat. But 4 years after i have used Solid Works on it, i still run many games, moves and sofware like Sony Vegas pro and others. I never had a problemm since. My sister had a Hp and well, so many complications to mention.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The_Big_K
    Windows has several options for software. Can you elaborate a bit on your primary usage of the laptop and what software you'll need for your work?
    I am a Web Developer
    So I will require installation of Software like putty, filezilla, tortoise, exlipse, git etc

actually weight and battery back up is my primary consideration while buying laptop,

For that I guess mac will be suitable for me but if i won't be able to use these software then it will be of no use to me
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    I am a Web Developer
    So I will require installation of Software like putty, filezilla, tortoise, exlipse, git etc

actually weight and battery back up is my primary consideration while buying laptop,

For that I guess mac will be suitable for me but if i won't be able to use these software then it will be of no use to me
    Okay, that's cool. SSH client is inbuilt in Mac and Filezilla, Eclipse, GIT have their Mac presences.

The biggest drawback of using Mac is the availability of word processor that competes with Microsoft Word. Even MS Word on Mac isn't as usable as its Windows counterpart.

You might also need a code editor; and most of the 'good' ones on Mac are all paid. If you're going to develop for the Web; you'll always need a Windows machine to test your code on IE; I think simulators don't match up with the actual IE behavior on Windows.

Where Mac excels is it's beautiful to use and macbooks have *long* battery life. Plus, they cost a bomb!
  • Sony support
    Sony support
    Dear Goyal
    I would like you to have a look at vio series on Sony laptops. I am sure that they will satisfy all your needs for what you are looking for.
    Thanks and Regards
    Sony Support.
  • Abood_ajmal
    Abood_ajmal
    goyal,According to me .i will suggest you to buy Thoshiba Satellite,
    you will like it
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I've been hearing about Toshiba Laptops from several people. How's the battery life and average battery life?
  • Abood_ajmal
    Abood_ajmal
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# I've been hearing about Toshiba Laptops from several people. How's the battery life and average battery life?
    Sir it is awesome laptop ,i usually use with battery in college only so i cant say exactly about battery life ,once i used continuously 3 to 4 hours AutoCad (half charge)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am fix, so as to what can be used for transmitting power at 12000 rpm, whether to use V-belts or chains? which one would be more efficient for transmitting...
I want to know what is web 2.0 exactly?I found digg,facebook etc comprised of web 2.0 technology but what is it? Whats as its past ?any specific feature that it...
I am a bit influenced by "SWADESHI"(brands of your country). I am curious if other people choose to go for it if possible. I like to buy Wipro CFL over...
Many of us would be asking what is this Web 2.0, and how is it emerged! If there's Web 2.0, then there should be a Web 1.0 right? So what...
Quote: While invented in Birmingham, England, in the 19th Century, tennis has become popular worldwide, perhaps only second to soccer/football. The game is fast, easy to grasp, and accessible to...