[Suggest] Good Terminal Utility

Hello Friends,

I am using Terminal and Hercules terminal utility. Please suggest if there is any good terminal utility other than these.

Regards,
Harshad Italiya

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi bro.. I usually use these two for networks & hardware comms:

- PuTTY
    - Tera Term (v4)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PuTTy all the way. In fact, I tried to interview the creator of PuTTy on CE; but never heard back from him.

Right now, I'm on OSX and the default Terminal is quite awesome.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    Hi bro.. I usually use these two for networks & hardware comms:

- PuTTY
    - Tera Term (v4)
    I am using terminal mostly to receive data from UART. So I was looking for some terminal which are good in particular. I tried with Tera Term but it is not showing time-stamp for data received via COM port. Or may be I missed some configuration.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    git bash is also good
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Harshad Italiya
    I tried with Tera Term but it is not showing time-stamp for data received via COM port. Or may be I missed some configuration.
    So far Tera Term can only display time stamps in the logs. You can enable this at the TERATERM.INI config file:
    ; timestamp flag for Log (on/off)
    LogTimestamp=on
    If you want to display at the display prompt, you'll need to play around with TTL scripting. It's not so straightforward, but TTL scripting is quite powerful to use for terminal functions: #-Link-Snipped-#

I could probably try it out as well later this week when I'm free!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    goyal420
    git bash is also good
    Is it for Linux only? Will you please give me it's download link for windows if available?
    Seems it is open-source project.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Git Bash is basically used code sub versioning, but I also use it to run linux commands on Windows

Git - Downloads

But I am not sure, if it will meet your requirements

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Compared to single stage evaporative coolers, two stage coolers are more efficient, but the added stage takes up considerable space and is costly to manufacture. For this reason, two stage...
I recently learnt that the best color to make an umbrella for use inn summers is to have white surface on the top and the bottom surface painted black. What...
Hi guys, How to reduce heat in laptop. is there any product available for reduce heat in laptop.
guys, i want to read magazines based on microprocessors and embedded systems.could anyone suggest any magazines????????
Lava's Iris series just got updated with the arrival of IRIS 504q smartphone. Indians had got quite excited after Lava floated the teaser 'Touch Phone Minus The Touch' and there...