Suggest free ebooks for javascript

My cousin is looking for free javascript ebooks. I could not find any on the internet. I'll be thankful if anyone suggests a link to download.

Thanks,
Crook

Replies

• Neha
    Neha
    I searched for it in Google and found lots of them. Ask your cousin, to search for them in Google.
    Some of the links could be:

"#-Link-Snipped-#"
    "kickjava.com/books/"

But, I don't know how good are they!!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Too late reply but may be of help to new users ๐Ÿ˜€.Please go through the following link

It is free and involves basics required for writing javascript.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Shalini and Neha,
    Are you sure that the links are legal. If not then I would request you to delete them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe the ebook mentioned by Shalini is freeware. Not sure though.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shalini_goel14
    Too late reply but may be of help to new users ๐Ÿ˜€.Please go through the following link

#-Link-Snipped-#.

It is free and involves basics required for writing javascript.
    Yep, its free from Cornell University. What a good find!

There are a lot of free technical materials hosted on educational institute websites. One great example is MIT's MIT OpenCourseWare | Free Online Course Materials๐Ÿ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    raj87verma88
    Shalini and Neha,
    Are you sure that the links are legal. If not then I would request you to delete them.
    The_Big_K
    I believe the ebook mentioned by Shalini is freeware. Not sure though.
    Yep, I guess it is illegal that is why now it is blocked by my company. Even I can't view it now what was there inside. Apologies, Removing the link.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shalini_goel14
    Yep, I guess it is illegal that is why now it is blocked by my company. Even I can't view it now what was there inside. Apologies, Removing the link.
    Actually, the ebook IS free. It's source location is hosted on Cornell Uni's website:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

As for the website that Shalini gave, it looks legal. I've randomly checked a dozen ebook links they hosted and they redirect to proper and free publicly available books and resources. Not all are PDF format. Some are html pages.

I'm not sure why it would be blocked by the company.. perhaps its wastes a lot of employee time? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    I'm not sure why it would be blocked by the company.. perhaps its wastes a lot of employee time? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Could be a reason for blocking ๐Ÿ˜€. By the way employees don't refer such tutorials.๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shalini_goel14
    By the way employees don't refer such tutorials.๐Ÿ˜‰
    haha! sure, sure.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This is an old thread anyway. Closing it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CE, Here is a chance to select your favorite ones which can make them count in 7 wonders of the world. You can vote online as well as through...
LiveDistro (Live CD) is a generic term for a operating system distribution that is executed upon boot, without installation on a hard drive. Typically, it is stored on bootable media...
CEans! ๐Ÿ˜€ Check out our main page ( you know that the quickest way to visit our main page is to click on the 'CRAZYENGINEERS' logo at the top ๐Ÿ˜...
All the best to all the CAT aspirants. Do well!!!
Two NY Times Bestselling Authors teamed up to teach how to be rich. I'm talking about Robert Kiyosaki & Donald Trumps' latest offering - "Why We Want You To Be...