Suggest Forums/Sections for the New System

Hi All !

I've been working on setting up new system for CrazyEngineers.com . I'm glad to announce that the new system has now been tested for data/user migration. We'll be moving to new forums in next few days. πŸ˜€

Its high time that we seek feedback about existing sections on the forums. Currently, we have following forum changes in mind -

1. Remove the 'Target -x ' section and start a sticky thread under 'Announcements' section.

2. Remove 'Important' section under 'General' section. Its no longer needed. Don't ask me why I started a new section for annoncing forum upgrade πŸ˜› .

3. {Not Final: Open to feedback}Start 'Introductions' section for introductions. I learnt that people didn't know that a separate thread exists for 'Indroductions'. So let's make it more visible. Let me know what you think about it. 😁

4. {Not Final: Open to feedback}As 'CrazyBoy' a.k.a Anil suggested, start sub-sections for GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/MBA . Let's gather some input about this.

5. Anything left out ! Let me know. πŸ˜€

-Drop in your comments by replying to this thread 😁 -

-The Big K-

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Cheers

hi "K"
    new looks of CE is cool man...
    still to explore some of the features...but still its cool...
    should appreciate your work...
    Good work
    Cheers
    Crazy
  • ankurmanu77
    ankurmanu77
    new section

We can start a section on websites.there we can categorize websites and members will have to post interesting websites relating to those topics.
  • crook
    crook
    welcome!

Hi Ankur!

Welcome to the board πŸ˜€ . Its a good suggestion. But I don't think we need a separate section to add website links. Anyways you can provide the links in your posts.

crook

p.s: Introduce yourself in the introduction section πŸ˜€
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    heres me big k

Some how i feel that all the forums need to be shuffled and reoraganised and put the relevant threads in relevant section. i really love the live colours on the homepage but when you switch to the thread zap all the colours turn grey! can we change this? and also can we not try for a different colour for each section? i love the current appearance though!πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    thanks

I did try matching the colors on forums with that on the homepage, but the forum looks really weird πŸ˜€ . So the current skin called 'iBulletin' has been chosen for the forums.

The skin looks cool to eyes and making gives our forum a professional look πŸ˜€ . So we'll continue using the same skin for next few months.

I do agree that we need lot of thread shifting and forum restructuring. But to decide the final structure, I need to gather lot of feedback. This is because we cannot restructure the forums often. So please flood your comments about what you want to see on forums. That will help us organize the forum in a better way.

Let the suggestions come in πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    hi again

ya i agree with you about the colours πŸ˜’ but i was not talking abt the i bulletein apperance, but about the page where all the sections appear and give the topics discussed so far.
    would love to see alot of things on the home page! good articles,interviews of experienced people,new happenings in and around the world not the one's which easily find its way to the front page.. i would rather prefer short news giving extra gyaan!πŸ˜€ I would also love if the CEans give a brief about the interesting projects they have done.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yep! but wait ...

would love to see alot of things on the home page! good articles,interviews of experienced people,new happenings in and around the world not the one's which easily find its way to the front page.. i would rather prefer short news giving extra gyaan!:smile: I would also love if the CEans give a brief about the interesting projects they have done.
    Everything will come with time. Our progress has been fantastic. Its a place for the Crazy Engineers and I'm sure we are going to make it a great place for the Engineers. Articles, news, technical writeups will make their way to the front page. Everyone's contribution is welcome!

But its going to take time. We are a startup πŸ˜€ , but we will grow into a behemoth community πŸ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • ankurmanu77
    ankurmanu77
    suggetion

Can we have a new sections on entrepreneurship and internship.In internship we can provide websites links and list of companies where students of respective branches can pursue their training.Members can also discuss their experiences of training at the companies where they get trained .It can help others in making right choice.
  • rick
    rick
    ankurmanu77
    Can we have a new sections on entrepreneurship and internship.In internship we can provide websites links and list of companies where students of respective branches can pursue their training.Members can also discuss their experiences of training at the companies where they get trained .It can help others in making right choice.
    I got your point. Entrepreneurship & internship can be a part of our long pending CE-Finance Section. Let us hope to have that section as soon as possible πŸ˜€

Sure, we can share our experiences of training at companies. But that is different from the subject of entrepreneurship. So CE-Finance can handle Finance/Entrepreneurship related content and all other discussions can go into General Discussions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Directed by: Steven Spielberg Starring: Eric Bana, Daniel Craig, Geoffrey Rush and Michael Lonsdale I am not going to dance around the issue. β€œMunich” is by far, the best movie...
1. How about having trade specific forums. I 4 one wud voutch 4 an elec forum. 2. i m not findin much of engineerin stuff out thr. barring one or...
hello people.. i am prerparing a project on "Computer Brain Interface".. so if u all cud help with some information or suggest me some sites,i'll be really grateful.. thanku..
I am in final year of electronic enGG. I wanted some suggestions regarding my FYP. Being Electronic Students I want a project that involves most of the related fields like...
I am 4th year engineering students, will graduate in 2006, had 3 month work experience in mining project. Can you guys tell me how can i get a good job...