[Suggest] Best Bike to Buy

Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy new bike and for that I have sorted out two bikes one is Hero Spelndor and another is Honda Shine.

I have also gone through online reviews. But I want to know and compare more about these two bikes if any CEans have experience withe these bikes please share your review.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Update:- You can suggest bikes from other company which you thinks can compete Splendor and Shine.

Some factors that I am looking is Service, Maintenance, Mileage and Price.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Go for shine. My dad bought it 2 years back and it's still shining....๐Ÿ˜‰ Though he doesn't use it that frequently, because of office and all but in that feature range, it's a good bike. Moreover, splendor is too common!
  • Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    Then go for hero honda,my dady brought 2nd hand hero honda 10 year back and still it is acting as fresh hero .
    hahaha
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I am also considering Mahindra Centuro. But Mahidra have only Two bikes in line-card. Is it OK to go with Mahindra which is new or to go with experienced Honda or Hero?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From the mileage and servicing point of view - I think Bajaj Discover takes the lead. I'm not a bikes experit; but someone from mech/automobile background can definitely help. I'm tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to help.
  • lal
    lal
    Suzuki ๐Ÿ˜˜
    GS150R. Just because I ride this stallion! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From the mileage and servicing point of view - I think Bajaj Discover takes the lead. I'm not a bikes experit; but someone from mech/automobile background can definitely help. I'm tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to help.
    Bajaj bikes required more maintenance at later stage.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bajaj is horrible.

by the way #-Link-Snipped-#, the best bikes that are worth going for are hero splendor and honda dream yuga. both are good.

i own a splendor plus at the moment, and i am quite happy with it.

however the latest variant of splendor is the splendor pro. this one is fitted with a starter motor and gives the same mileage, but i have heard from people, that it is not worth going for.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Harshad Italiya
    I am also considering Mahindra Centuro. But Mahidra have only Two bikes in line-card. Is it OK to go with Mahindra which is new or to go with experienced Honda or Hero?

i read a review of the mahindra pantero, in the BSM magazine. the bike appeared to be quite promising.

it boasted of a mileage of 80+ kmph. and it also claimed to have a saddle big enough to seat 4 people at a time !
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    zaveri
    i read a review of the mahindra pantero, in the BSM magazine. the bike appeared to be quite promising.

it boasted of a mileage of 80+ kmph. and it also claimed to have a saddle big enough to seat 4 people at a time !
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-#, Now I think I will go with either Hero Splendor or Honda Shine. Most probably Shine.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    @ Harshad Italiya, Sir go with shine from Honda.My friends also suggest the same.
    Way to go Sirrrrrrrr.....
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    think different give mahindra centuro a try , looks good with trust of M&M

check its review here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Note: Its a review from overdrive
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Gandalf
    think different give mahindra centuro a try , looks good with trust of M&M

check its review here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Note: Its a review from overdrive
    I took test drive and after that I think it's better to go with Brand right now.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Gandalf
    Gandalf
    Harshad Italiya
    I took test drive and after that I think it's better to go with Brand right now.. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    so honda shine ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Bumping the thread...

Suggest a bike for my dad. things to consider
    • 125CC max
    • Solid build for village and Rough road
    • Tubeless tyre (Chances of getting puncture is high so tubeless tyre will be handy)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - more than the technical specifications; I'd strongly recommend personally visiting the showrooms and check for the sitting postures and ride comfort of each bike. There are plenty of options in the 125CC category.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ianoop
    Bumping the thread...

Suggest a bike for my dad. things to consider
    • 125CC max
    • Solid build for village and Rough road
    • Tubeless tyre (Chances of getting puncture is high so tubeless tyre will be handy)
    After checking out many bikes I come to know there are two best bikes.
    1) Hero Splendor Plus
    2) Honda CB Shine.

If you are looking for tubeless tyre then Hero Splendor Plus doesn't have this. And I believe if you are going to use bike for village do not go with CB shine because it is good for City roads and average is quite less compare to Splendor.

Here another option is Honda Dream Yuga - This was my third option when I do some study. Please check if Yuga have tubeless tyre then go with that. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Thanks, now I have some choices for test drive.
    Do auto sellers allow to jump bikes into path-holes while test drive ๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ianoop
    Thanks, now I have some choices for test drive.
    Do auto sellers allow to jump bikes into path-holes while test drive ๐Ÿ˜
    No.. Someone will come with you for test drive I think. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Finally I am going with 150cc segment for better comfort riding.
    Narrowing choices to following. (Prices at Varanasi)

• Hero CBZ Xtreme - 79k
    • Honda Unicorn - 76k (They refused to give both disc breaks)
    • Honda CB Trigger - 81k (with both disc break)
    There are not much difference, so If anyone have experience with these bikes which one should I go for Rugged performance.
    I am currently using Hunk with both disc breaks and feel that it give me better control over drum/single disc.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ianoop
    Finally I am going with 150cc segment for better comfort riding.
    Narrowing choices to following. (Prices at Varanasi)

• Hero CBZ Xtreme - 79k
    • Honda Unicorn - 76k (They refused to give both disc breaks)
    • Honda CB Trigger - 81k (with both disc break)
    There are not much difference, so If anyone have experience with these bikes which one should I go for Rugged performance.
    I am currently using Hunk with both disc breaks and feel that it give me better control over drum/single disc.
    Our CEan @#-Link-Snipped-# owns Honda Unicorn. It would be great if he reviews Unicorn here.

And from these three bikes my vote goes with Unicorn.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Trigger is just in the market analysing its performance is too early in my opinion
    But of the other bikes Unicorn is a lot cooler than the rest of the bikes

Mileage and other features are also worth considering here
  • krngd2
    krngd2
    I suggest to wait....Because the new edition of splendor is coming named ISMART which is coming with Micro Hybrid technology which gives better mileage and ECO friendly.....With new look too...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    krngd2
    new edition of splendor is coming named ISMART
    Thanks for update to this new bike. Looks smart way to save fuel to lower down engine power just like mobile deep sleep.

But currently looking for comfort and rigidness and have to buy next month only. Leaning towards Honda CB/Trigger โ˜•
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    I would go for Unicorn any day ๐Ÿ˜

The quick differences I observe between the two bikes are:
    * Trigger has digital panel
    * Trigger seems to be lighter than Unicorn
    * Both disc brakes for Trigger

In the long term, I doubt if having two disc brakes makes too much of a difference, unless you're planning on high speed stunts ๐Ÿ˜‰.
    I'm too happy with my Unicorn the way it is.
    The weight does make itself evident while handling the bike on foot, but the driving itself is too smooth and it doesn't become much of a concern.
    I preferred unicorn for its simple design.
    I didn't want any unnecessary cuts and additions to the petrol tank, and Unicorn is is designed to elegance that way.
    This choice of appearance is left to you.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    why not Apache RTR 150 Guys!!!!!! M wondering no-one suggested that!!
  • krngd2
    krngd2
    eternalthinker
    I would go for Unicorn any day ๐Ÿ˜

The quick differences I observe between the two bikes are:
    * Trigger has digital panel
    * Trigger seems to be lighter than Unicorn
    * Both disc brakes for Trigger

In the long term, I doubt if having two disc brakes makes too much of a difference, unless you're planning on high speed stunts ๐Ÿ˜‰.
    I'm too happy with my Unicorn the way it is.
    The weight does make itself evident while handling the bike on foot, but the driving itself is too smooth and it doesn't become much of a concern.
    I preferred unicorn for its simple design.
    I didn't want any unnecessary cuts and additions to the petrol tank, and Unicorn is is designed to elegance that way.
    This choice of appearance is left to you.
    When choseing the dual disk bike go for ABS to prevent accidents....dual disk in bikes are too dengerous for a common rider
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Finally I purchased Hero Glamour PGM-FI @73K Varanasi considering heavyness, comfort and Mileage.

It has some technology (Need to dig out what it is exactly) which give you 10 km extra mileage than other bikes in segment.
    It has no carborator or fuel nob. Display shows you at what mileage you are driving.
    Talked 3 consumers and they said it bike is quite good in mileage and comfort. So I went for it.
    Tried Honda Shine but doesn't feels the comfort I wanted.
    Drove 1st 30km, comfort level is quite good. Definitely not as much as Hunk but satisfactory.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Congrats! Please post a detailed review of the bike. I'm sure a lot of buyers will make a better purchase decision. ๐Ÿ˜€
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Congrats bro.
    Enjoy your ride ....
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Here is review of Hero Glamour PGM FI (from user of HeroHonda Hunk).
    Glamour

Design and Technical changes:
    • No carburetor (There is electronic stuff which regulates the fuel which expected to give around 10km mileage)
    • Digital display which shows you real time mileage.
    • No On/Off/Reserve fuels nob (Digital meter will blink if fuel is less than 2L)
    • Less graphics on fuel tank and at first glance confuses with RTR or pulsur.
    • That Electronic stuff pumps fuel in engine which needs at least 2L petrol in tank to pressurize otherwise it will not give you optimal mileage. (Let say 2L is your reserve petrol)
    • There is a system which shutdown engine if bike incline more than a specific angle to prevent skidding as much possible in case of accident.
    Experience:
    I personally like no fuel nob. I never use it and people from Delhi region know that thieves steals their petrol from this nob. So no more stealing.
    Handling: I drove bike for few days in very rough condition of path-holes (even 3 Km in total sand and mud on 1-2 gear at bank of river Ganga as path ware not cleared due to rain).
    Got to say balance is very good, sitting posture and comfort is also good, could be better.

Price: 73k, 7k more than regular Glamour for disc break, digital meter and 10 km extra mileage.

Why I chose it: Earlier I wanted to go for Unicorn but, I had to choose for my dad which concerned me heaviness and mileage . then I tested Honda Shine which I didn't liked for sitting posture and handling. felt like 100cc bike.
    One of my relative who is driving this version Glamour and also had owned regular one, suggested that to go with this advance version rather than regular one.

PS: I am driving Hero Honda Hunk, which I believe is a one of the best balanced bike.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My dad is planning to change his olddddddddddddddddddddd Suzuki Macho and i am zeroed into some options as follows
    • Dream yuga(For honda reputation and reliability)
    • Super splender(Because of its high CC)
    • ismart(but hesitated as it has no kicker)
    • CD110(Honda but doubt whether its available now on road?)
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    • Super splender(Because of its high CC)
    Go with it ! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    With Super splendor, you will not go wrong.
    ismart(but hesitated as it has no kicker) - Yes, no kick can be problematic but this happen once in two years. Just need to change battery as soon as you realize it's dying.
    What is iSmart's mileage in real scenario?
    Anoop Kumar
    With Super splendor, you will not go wrong.
    ismart(but hesitated as it has no kicker) - Yes, no kick can be problematic but this happen once in two years. Just need to change battery as soon as you realize it's dying.
    What is iSmart's mileage in real scenario?
    they claim it to be between 74-78km but should be around 70 on road

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The engineers at the Indian Institute Of Science at Bangalore and IIT Bombay have helped Rolls Royce develop a low-noise technology that helps the jet engines operate at lower noise...
Leaks are becoming so common that one day,the term 'release' will be replaced by 'leaks'. Nope, I ain't kidding. Recently, the leaked image of most anticipated Acer's tablet is plagued...
HI guyz...my C-CAT rank is 81. please suggest me the best institute i must go and also tell me about the placements and pg's near CDAC pune and banglore. please...
Can someone tell me which is the toughest subject in mechanical engineering and what are the subjects are are considered difficult?
Hey, I'm a Second year student in IT. I'm looking for some competitions in java/c++ wherein I can put to test my skills...Preferably competitions where group projects are required...