Suggest A Synthesizer For My Hobby Playing Needs

I'm a guitarist at heart but can manage few tunes on the synthesizer. I am NOT planning to learn to play keyboards but I'm definitely planning to upgrade my decade old CASIO SA-21 😲

I've been looking at different synthesizers and following are the ones that are within my budget -

Roland
Roland Edirol PC-50 USB MIDI Controller

CASIO
Casio CTK 810IN Musical Keyboard
Casio CTK700 61-Key
Casio CTK-4000
Casio CTK-3000
Casio CTK-2100

YAMAHA
Yamaha PSR-E223
Yamaha PSR-E323

I'm inclined towards YAMAHA as they've a wide range of Musical Instruments, however I'm not sure what I should be looking for while buying one.

Your suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    i have a Casio CTK 496 which is similar to CTK700 only colour diffrence. and its has onscrren display and 100 songbank book with additional..u can plug mic and as well as add paddle which is for like piano functioanlity...
    but if u like some additinal thing like kakaoke and well mixing go for yamaha ..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    i have a Casio CTK 496 which is similar to CTK700 only colour diffrence. and its has onscrren display and 100 songbank book with additional..u can plug mic and as well as add paddle which is for like piano functioanlity...
    but if u like some additinal thing like kakaoke and well mixing go for yamaha ..
    Thanks for the information 😀 . Is Karaoke & Mixing is not well supported in CASIO CTK 496? Does it have the ability to plug & play midi-tracks? If yes - what type of attachment does it support (Pen Drive, MicroSD etc)?
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    I think both Pendrive and microsd.
    Don't know much about it though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If u have any info regardng zigbee(practical) 😁 Post it here
i know the yeild strength of the material i.e 1650mpa and working pressure inside the container is 1427mpa but the max tensile strength inside the container is 825 mpa as...
hey guys what do you think who will win today..share your experience for today's match here..😀
Learn how to go about modelling a circuit so that you can use the resulting mathematical representation for circuit analysis. This lecture demonstrates the three essential steps in the process...
This lecture discusses how to use Matlab for obtaining time, frequency and pole-zero domains. Prof. L. Umanand, Principal Research Scientist of Power Electronics Group-IISc Bangalore conducted this lecture. Discuss this...