Strings App Features What WhatsApp Doesn't - Ability To Take Back A Sent Message

Each mobile messaging user has experienced the freak-out when a message gets sent to someone it's not supposed to read or when having second thoughts after hitting the 'send' button. There simply has been no way to go back in time and undo it. Well, in comes a new iOS app called Strings that lets you do just that. Just like WhatsApp or Viber, Strings is a real-time messaging app that lets you have total control over how the data behaves after it has left your smartphone or tablet. Unlike WhatsApp, with Strings app users can decide if the text they just sent is to be read or deleted immediately and permanently by the receiver. Moreover, the Strings app also lets the user control if the receiver is able to download and share the photos & videos you've sent them. That's just what you needed all this time, right?

Launched some time back, the Strings iOS app has received some pretty good review on the iTunes Store. The app has been optimized for a great experience on iPhone 6 and iOS 8. Take a look at what the Strings app User Interface look like here -

strings-ios-app-take-back-sent-message-1 strings-ios-app-take-back-sent-message-2
Also, here's what makes Strings app different from WhatsApp. Users have to download and install the app on both the user's devices to work. That means Strings app features will only work when both parties have got in running on their iPhones or iPads. Interestingly, the app works with emails, photos and even any-length videos other than normal text messages with emoticons.

That's about all we know about the new app so far. There's no word on the Strings official website about arrival of the app on Android or Windows platform. What are your thoughts on the new app? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Waiting for whats app to implement it.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Features says it will be a stiff competition to WhatsApp and Viber... probably better that that...?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    For it to be successful in the true sense, they need to launch an Android app variant soon. It's difficult to capture the market without getting it on the most popular OS.
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    BBM has got a similar feature ( Timed messages and retraction). I think snapchat too has got that feature ( not sure because I never used snapchat).

It would be good to have this kind of features in messaging applications.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A new tablet featuring the Windows 8.1 operating system has arrived in India as HP Stream 8 makes it way on across e-commerce portals in the nation. The Wi-Fi enabled...
I want to share a very bad incidence which happened with me in 2013. While staying in Pune, during my absence (I was in office), someone theft my laptop and...
I logged in to CE today to contribute something since contributions my end because absolute last year, SO instead of I am back or some other posts i think this...
I just want to ask that if the scheduling algorithm by JRE is priority scheduling since the threads are executed on the basis of their priority ,then is time slicing...
Quote: NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) will unveil and demonstrate Quell, a novel wearable pain relief device at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics show (CES) January 6-9 in Las Vegas. Quell...