Stress Analysis Using Autodesk Inventor 2010

Hello to all CEans,

I'm Chea from Msia, currently doing Final Semester of Mechanical Engineering.
I kinda noob in using Inventor as i need to test my design stress analysis. But i really have no idea how to start.

By Learning from the Help in Inventor couldnt help me much as i cant understand alot...

The case is like that.... a Circular Disc plate 5inch of diameter were to test the stress. The center of the plate is fixed, and from the center there are 2 load of 50kn away 4inch from center. how could i simulate it... as my material is mild steel.

Any guides or links could help me is much appreciate.

Concern,
Maxz chea

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    try this link:

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    we still need the thickness of the plate and are the loads opposite from the center? a hand drawing would help a lot 😀
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    this is a simulation in Inventor 2009, dont repare the values because i didnt make it taking care of loads and dimensions. Is something like that what you want? You can make better analysis using ANSYS

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

• maxz
    maxz
    Yesss... Juma~!! this is exactly wat i need... a displacement and stress analysis...
  • maxz
    maxz
    I'll post the picture soon... allow to help me out.. thx so much~!!
  • maxz
    maxz
    Dear Juma,

I have roughly sketch the plate i wanted to analyst... I hope this could help for you, so that u could help me out with this. for the Material of it is Mild Steel.

[​IMG]​
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    Nice drawing!! Ill try to solve it as soon as i get home!
  • maxz
    maxz
    thx juma~!! It would be appreciate if u write it step by step how to set those configurations.
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    I need the distance of the forces and the center, it cant be 4 inches form center because 4 in=101.6mm and the plate has 125mm of diameter, its 4 in the distance between the forces?

I did it with 4 inches between the forces, and applied a frictionless constraint in the support plate of the drawing.

Apply loads and constraints (Quick Reference)Frictionless constraint:

Applies a frictionless constraint on faces. Frictionless constraint prevents the surface from moving or deforming in the normal direction relative to the surface. The surface is free to rotate, move, or deform in tangential direction to the applied frictionless constraint.

Ill try to do a better analysis with ANSYS as soon as i can, because i think "compresion only" support is better for this case and Inventor doesnt have it and ANSYS have better mesh tools, same with the procedure.
    Von Mises:

Deformation:

Von Mises form behind:
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    This is the design accelerator in assembly environment:

for the plate:
  • maxz
    maxz
    Omg Juma~!!

U're really Helpful... and this thing i saw it before in Inventor.. and i was like wtf was this... so i doesnt care much bout it... but THx.. this helps me alot already... and the simulations for the previous Drawing from me, its correct..

If it is easy for u, could u send me the file where u save the simulation results?? my email is #-Link-Snipped-#.. thx.
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    Sure! :smile: ill try to improve the explanation as soon as i get some free time
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    After you open the inventor file, make sure to press the following button to see the FEA results:

• maxz
    maxz
    Dear Juma...

What happen with inventor 2010??? I do all the steps but i couldnt get wat u did in here... it shows only displacement and their frequency...
  • juma1987
    juma1987
    I dont know about inventor 2010 i never used it, maybe someone that knows it could help here...
  • amici_mike
    amici_mike
    i am also an autodesk inventor operator i also want to work on this field but i dont know where to send my application.. i dont have any idea how big is the demand of this field... i have 7 years experience in this field creating pipe works... thanks a lot..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys...I want to create a new web site named "Bharat Darshan" (for those who are unknown to hindi "bharat darshan means "view india")That will be totally in hindi... but...
Hi.I am a civil engg student doing my second year.can anyone please tell me about the companies in south india offering internship.
Hai Friends, I am Aditya and I want ieee papers-2007,2008 on image processing.Friends,there are any projects on image processing with code on matlab.If know please help me.
Hi there. I am trying to simulate a project on this package and am having problems. If anyone has used this package before could you please let me know, then...
Folks, check out following channel on YouTube: YouTube - experiencere's Channel What do you think? 😀