Stratasys announces eighth annual Extreme Redesign Challenge by Dimension 3D Printing

Students worldwide to be awarded scholarships for innovative designs in 3D printing contest
Frankfurt – 9th September 2011 – (NASDAQ: SSYS) Industrial 3D Printing & Additive Manufacturing today announced the launch of its Dimension brand’s eighth annual #-Link-Snipped-#. The global contest encourages students to submit an innovative new product design, a redesign of an existing product, or an original or redesigned work of art or architecture.
[​IMG]
Extreme Redesign Logo

Educators worldwide have recognised the annual design & 3D printing contest for its positive impact on students. “Students have the opportunity to put their critical thinking skills to the test, as well as to demonstrate their creativity with this design contest,” says Jesse Roitenberg, Stratasys education channel manager. “Each year they demonstrate that they are up to the challenge, with the unique submissions we receive.”
#-Link-Snipped-# will award nine student winners either $2,500 or $1,000 (approx £630 or £1,600) or scholarships in the categories of Middle School and Secondary School Engineering, University Engineering, and Art & Architecture. Designs are awarded based on creativity, usefulness, part integrity and aesthetics. Instructors of the three first-place student winners will receive an Apple iPad for use in the classroom. Since the contest’s inception, more than $90,000 (approx. £56,500) in scholarships have been awarded to students.
Each submission must:
  • be a sound mechanical design
  • be realistic and achievable
  • include a clear written description of the design.
This year’s contest will also feature an award category in which students may compete for a bonus prize. Students who incorporate a school spirit theme into their designs will have a chance to win a $250 (approx £157) gift card.
For video, photos, and descriptions of previous winning designs, visit #-Link-Snipped-#. For contest rules and regulations, visit #-Link-Snipped-#.
Dimension, a brand of 3D printers by Stratasys, offers computer-aided-design (CAD) users a low-cost, networked alternative for building functional 3D models from the desktop. The printers build models layer-by-layer using ABS plastic, one of the most widely used thermoplastics in today’s injection-molded products. Dimension 3D printers allow users to evaluate design concepts and test models for form, fit, and function. Online at: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

all aspiring Electronics engineers, just watch the photos, I feel you may get an idea of what you can do in electronics project.
can some smells be recorded? i just imagine how amazing we can see a movie, with 3d effects, great sound effects and we can smell what we see in movie....
hey friends this thread is for to post your dreams about future world my dream is this i want to see world without petrol bunks cars are going in air...
Hello CEans,😁😀😁 It has been a quite long time and i regret for not being active in CE.From now on there will be a regular contribution from my side. So...
electrical and electronics engg