Story of A1tolet

After a request from a cean to share story of a1tolet.com

So here it is

I ,still remember the days of my training, when we were forced to change our PG 3rd time because of some problems like robbery cases, so one day me and my friends were roaming in the street of Mohali .We were so much tired after walking for around 25 km in search of pg that can satisfy our needs ,it was around 4.00 PM when we were taking tea in the road side dhaba,suddenly the idea struckinto my mind of developing some online solution for this problem .At that time my friends said that there are already so many websites available like pgspace.com,bharatrentals.com for this,so i thought why we are roaming here and there ,instead we should search on internet, immediately i stand up and return back to my pg and turn on lapppy .I searched a lot on internet ,there were so many website available ,but to my goodness none of them was able to satisfy my needs ,some of them were paid and some of them provides old data .

So i thought i will develop this website and will make it a little bit unique from all by providing some features that are provided by none of the websites ,then from the very next day i started working on this website.

One day i was working on this website during my free time ,suddenly my company project manager come to me .He noticed this and asked me about it and I told him the whole concept and he was impressed and was ready to sponsor this project then it took 2 months for me to complete this project and on last week of November ,it was launched

In My next post ,i will tell you about software development life cycle

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Very nice. Look forward to reading the next part ๐Ÿ˜€ . Tell us what are your plans for the site and what are the new features we'll see on it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @goyal: That's a cool story. Waiting for the next part.

PS: I have noticed most of the times good ideas come while having tea. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great going Goyal!

Waiting for part-2!
  • Reya
    Reya
    Sounds great!

Waiting for the next post ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thanks for appreciation

sure i will tell you guys about the whole life cycle of this project .stay tuned till then

The_Big_K
    Very nice. Look forward to reading the next part ๐Ÿ˜€ . Tell us what are your plans for the site and what are the new features we'll see on it.
    I have many plans for this website
    currently i am focusing on north india only, after that will try to cover entire Indiat.As per technical aspects .i will add keyword based search feature just like google instead of combo boxes
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Nice work goyal ๐Ÿ˜€
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    thx for considering it.It will be helpful for all.How did you first started your project technically?first of all class diagram .How did you do?.so keep posting this tutorial complete.thx bro once again
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    This is a brief overview of the SDLC

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Great work Goyal. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Your site is really very impressive. Why don't you let students of our college know about it, specially our juniors.? It'll of great help to them. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Hi Manish,

Very interesting account of your work on A1tolet. We too are working on a joint initiative and I hope it goes the same route.

Wishing success to your venture. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thanks

Sure we will rock in that
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    i have two suggestions

1. inclusion of photographs for the accomodation so that people know where they would live or for them to set expectations right
    2. removing stale entries

rest all, the site looks professional ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are enough lists of places one should visit in lifetime. I thought of compiling a list of places every engineer should visit. Let me start with places I think...
I had a viva last week and I was asked this question. To put it descriptively, the professor asked me we all know that 8085 is a 8-bit microprocessor and...
Powertransformers are the backbone of any power system. Hyosung has been manufacturing power transformers with a very good quality for about 40 years. Let us have a look into the...
I wonder why lot of engineering students ask for ready-made projects, project reports, PPTs, cricuits? We get many messages every day that are on the same lines like "I've to...
I draw a boost converter in MATLAB.........while i simulate it,I did not get answer............ I gave supply as 0.7V.............And also I dont know how to fix a range for inductance,capacitance..............help...