Store data on glass - now possible

It's now possible to store data on a piece of glass and the good thing about it is that it can sustain the information for a time span of about 100 million years. Hitachi's new technology allows data to be preserved forever, even when the storage media is exposed to extreme temperatures and hostile conditions. The technology stores the information in binary format and uses layers. Currently, with 4 layers of dots, it can store about 40 MB of data per square inch.

The storage media is expected to hit the markets by 2015. Check out our detailed coverage of the news on VoiCE: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    .. umm .just a lay man question:
    will the glass be breakproof? and say scratch proof?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Friends I am badly stuck with this, I need to retrieve mobile number of user in my mobile app Is it really possible to retrieve it specifically in IOS...
..OK. it might not really fit in techonlogy forum - but can you see the amazing beauty of this reef?? I so want to be-there, do-that!!!. Google maps have come...
You can easily reveal Gmail password in any browser by using this simple trick. Some of you may already know it, but this should be an eye-opener to those who...
Will any body help me with some study material on the basics of CNC machines and CNC programming???
The The supreme irony of Electrical Engineering - Check out absolute zero's humorous take -