Storage of Hydrogen for using it as a fuel

Have anyone of you thought of storing Hydrogen in a container? I am sure that it will be possible within a decade.. But let us try to find some ways for it.. Hydrogen has been termed as the next gen fuel, the only problem in using it now is storage.. Come out with new and effective ideas guyz.. ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Why cant it be stored in the conventional way? Just as other gases are stored? Like oxygen tanks or helium tanks for example. That is to say, I dont understand what is the problem in storing hydrogen in containers..
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    silverscorpion
    Why cant it be stored in the conventional way? Just as other gases are stored? Like oxygen tanks or helium tanks for example. That is to say, I dont understand what is the problem in storing hydrogen in containers..
    The main problem in storing the hydrogen gas is that hydrogen is a low pressure gas.. If we try to store it in room temp, it will explode heavily.. in order to avoid this, we have to reduce its storage temp greatly.. I do not know the exact values but i am sure that such loe temp cant be achieved or it is very very very difficult to achieve..
  • mechar
    mechar
    if we add a cooling system to the container i think we can achieve the aim
  • veena912
    veena912
    I think u are more concentrated on storing of hydrogen but another main problem is production of hydrogen, it is very costly process to produce a pure hydrogen which will satisfy our demands of high efficiency.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Scandanavia has many hydrogen gas stations for hydro powered cars via de-bonding water molecules. Storage in a vehicle is fairly straight forward and safe.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    BOOM! ๐Ÿ˜›

Well, we can't assume storage of any easily flammable stuff in a tank is safe. Even NGV (natural gas) tanks can explode all the sudden, even at a standstill. Plus, who knows if some wacky driver rams into you, slightly or not!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm sure vehicles using natural gas or hydrogen would have incorporated proper safety measures to prevent any mishap.. Now we need only to know how that mechanism works.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Here are the links of two articles which I look to draw your attention to
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The second link contains two papers in pdf format.
    These articles and papers discuss the problems faced during storage of hydrogen and the solutions.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update on storing hydrogen as vehicle fuel:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are you familiar with this term "Electronic Wedge Brake"? I think only a few would be able to visualize it now.. I am currently doin my paper on it.. I...
what is the difference between electronics & electricals
HI all, Am a New in this forum, Didn't get enough time to search all over this.. Is there any help in PHP.. Basically am a PHP programmer.. ๐Ÿ˜€
Hi! i want to convert bluetooth signal to WiFi signal or some other technology. Is it possible ? ๐Ÿ˜” If it is possible means how can i done this ?...
CEans, In part I of article "How to create, run & manage" website, we discussed the basics of getting started. In part II, we'll have a look at how to...