Stop Start system for two wheelers?

Hi friends, I am studying final year Automobile Engineering and I should do a project as a part of academic system. I searched for many things but destined here and my take is "Stop Start system for two wheelers". I had heard that two wheeler giants are working on it.
1)IS this system already present in market?
2)What type of sensors would it require to build a working model?
3)Availability of parts?
4)Cost of this project?

working; The sensor should sense the speed and switch off the engine when the engine attain predefined rpm and starts when it reaches required value.
@#-Link-Snipped-# (It would be nice if you could post the approximate cost of speed sensors.)
Need advice about the feasibility of this project.
@#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-#

Also pour ideas on keyless entry in two wheelers(In my idea, it involves usage of swiping card to access the ignition switch.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sorry. I do not have that info. Please see if any of these are useful:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

What do you want to achieve by switching off the engine. One should reduce the acceleration to maintain speed I thought.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A.V.Ramani
    Sorry. I do not have that info. Please see if any of these are useful:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

What do you want to achieve by switching off the engine. One should reduce the acceleration to maintain speed I thought.
    Sir, thanks for info.
    There is a lot of waste of fuel especially during standing on traffic hours in signal where start stop can decrease fuel consumption .
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Your project topic is related to EMS (engine management system).

Space limitation is the only reason why such systems aren't available in the existing bikes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

3D-printing enthusiasts now have a whole new tune to dance to, for Adobe now pushes their unorthodox hobby to mainstream, as it now introduces tools to its Photoshop software that...
Explore in the following delightfully animated videos six famous thought experiments that the universities expose their students to. 😀 The Paradox of the Tortoise and Achilles The Grandfather Paradox Chinese...
Microsoft Academia Accelerator will soon be functional at all the IITs, BITS Pilani and IIITs. The accelrator will conduct workshops to cover the industry relevant topics and technologies and also...
Mircomax Canvas XL A119 is the latest entry from Micromax in the Android mid-budget segment. Powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, the Canvas XL A119 features a 6-inch touchscreen...
Name: Kanagasundaram.K *Engineering Trade: B.E(Computer science) Location: cheyyar(Thiruvannamalai Dt),Tamil Nadu State,South India *Occupation:working as a System Administrator in Krizz Company(Chennai) Work Experience:Two year and eight month above *Hobbies & Interests:...