Stock Android UI Vs. Samsung's TouchWiz - Which is better?

After playing a bit with both (Stock Android UI on Moto G) and TouchWiz on Note II; I've come to a conclusion that Samsung's TouchWiz scores over the stock Android anyday. Samsung's done a fantastic job customising the UI and putting options at your fingertips. I am looking for reasons to know why is Stock Android UI better over customised UI offered by leading phone makers like Samsung, Sony, HTC and others.

The only reason that strikes my mind that the custom UI might take more battery power to operate than stock one. I might be wrong though.

Educate me!

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Actually you are this guy 😁
    #-Link-Snipped-#

14 - 1
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep - Android's stock UI isn't very intuitive.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# The stock launcher which you see in Moto G is same as that we find in AOSP 4.3, nothing has been changed.

Moto G (Uses same old 4.3 launcher):
    Interface-02-210-100.jpg

Interface-03-210-100.jpg

Nexus 5 (Uses Google Now Launcher) :

Home_screen-210-100

App_drawer-210-100

I guess you can see the difference. You can install Google Now launcher in your Moto G device & see how awesome it is. Stock launchers are smoother (My experience) & less memory consuming than any launchers developed by Samsung or HTC.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends.. Can any one suggest me how to integrate single phase transformer into balanced radial distribution system. I want to know how to model it? please suggest me any...
For all the Gmail users on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, it is time to rejoice because Gmail's iOS app just got an update and the version 3.0 brings in...
After a long wait, Facebook Messenger app is now available for Windows Phone users. Keeping up to its promised made during MWC 2014, Microsoft has launched the app with all...
i have registered for tcs off campus drive conducted by anna university. i have also completed the application procedure. but i havent recevied the hall tick yet. What can i...
It's time that the spacecrafts be maintained and refueled by robots! NASA has tasted success in developing a technology which would empower future space robots to transfer propellants in satellites....