stepper motor rated voltage

hey everybody,
I'm using a PM35L-048 stepper motor for my final year project. the motor datasheet mentions that the rated voltage is 24 V. when using this voltage the motor works well but get over heated as long as the voltage is applied to it. this will cause a problem since i need to apply voltage to the stepper for a very long time but it keeps get hotter. i need to know what is the right procedure to follow.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    If the motor is overheating from properly rated voltage then either there is an error in your application of the motor or the motor is faulty. Are you sure it is a continueous run motor?
  • momin
    momin
    thankx gohm for ur reply;
    the circuit works great when i use PM55L-048 steppers, they never get overheated just warms a little and the temperature remains constant after a short period of time. with PM35L-048 the temperature increases without limit.
    both PM35L-048 and PM55L-048 work at 24 V according to their datasheets.
    its indeed a continuous run motor, i get it from a printer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i got an error while i compiling my c++ code in netbeans It is giving........... mkdir -p [build/Debug/cygwin-Windows] syntax of command is incorrect and make :***[build/Debug/cygwin-Windows/main.o] no rule to make...
I do not want to waste time on writing the advantages and disadvantages of both HTML & plain text mails. Which one do you think is better, and why?
Hi, I am persauing in 3rd year BE in EEE stream.. I have to undertake project for 1year.. Mostly nearly 10 or more people may do the projedt.. Plese can...
Hello people, In this thread we will discuss all the methods , strategies short cuts , easier methods what ever to crack the toughest part of CAT exam that is...
Hello Ceans, In this thread we will discuss all the methods , short cuts , easier methods to crack the QUANT part of CAT exam . Mathematics is a bit...