Steering Wheel Mounted Throttle Button

Hello Everyone,

I'm working with a highschool team, building an electric race car for competition this spring. We want to improve our accelerator button in the car, and we're looking for ideas how to do this. The button is a simple on/off button, and needs to be mounted on the steering wheel.

The current steering wheel is shaped like a U, and the button is on the top of the right hand side of the U. So you push the button down to power the car. This isn't very ergonomic, and after awhile your thumb goes numb, so we're looking for something more natural to hold in for long periods of time.

I just stumbled across this place, and thought it looked like there might be some good ideas out there. If anyone can point me to some better ideas for steering wheel-mounted buttons, I would appreciate it! Thanks in-advance for any help!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Have you considered some kind of grip switch?
    grip switch - Google Search
  • Backerthebiker
    Backerthebiker
    A.V.Ramani
    Have you considered some kind of grip switch?
    grip switch - Google Search
    Excellent! That's what I was thinking of, but couldn't come up with the right terminology. Thank You!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Check out the super badass robot developed by Boston Dynamics and get your mind blown away into pieces. If the current generation robots are so capable, I'm quite sure that...
Quote: The proof is in the packaging. Making all cigarette packets look the same reduces the positive feelings smokers associate with specific brands and encourages quitting, Australian research shows. The...
They say that money can't buy you happiness. While this is true in eutopia, a chunk of that can definitely take you to space, in fact, land you on the...
At the MWC 2017 event, Oppo has unveiled its all new 5x Zoom Dual Camera setup, which is unique in its clever arrangement of lenses horizontally across the phone, ensuring...
While other smartphone companies have set their tents at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi is firmly grounded in its hometown and has launched a new smartphone...