Steam Is Now Priced In INR, And It's Not Mere USD To INR Conversion.

A week ago, All Indian steam users received the mail regarding pricing in INR.

Ofcourse we were excited, because it is not mere USD to INR conversion. The game publisher exclusively can price the Indian customers now.
For example, Trine 3 used to cost $20, but now it's mere 595 INR i.e around 10$, which is bloody awesome. Another example is CS:GO that used to cost 15$ and now it is just 479 INR. Now I can't really wait for Christmas sale. 75%-90% discount on most games will cost me just 100-200 INR for most epic games!

CS:GO price in google search :
csgo1
CS:GO INR Price :
csgo2
Thanks Gabe Newell! For bringing steam on Linux and now exclusive pricing for Indian customers. Can we expect Diwali sales now ? 😁😁

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Surprising, indeed. Haven't been a user; but gotta see all the deals. Thanks for sharing!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Surprising, indeed. Haven't been a user; but gotta see all the deals. Thanks for sharing!
    Some games prices hasn't been updated yet, like Terraria, The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt, Skyrim,etc. Maybe developers are still thinking about pricing it in India. I will give a week for entire SteamDB to be updated.

Wait for Winter sales! I am going to spend a lot this time. (Gabe needs wants my wallet!!)
  • jam
    jam
    Some games cost more than their US prices. Like Fallout 4 (4299, really?), COD BO3 and GTA V (Come on, why would I bother spending more on a digital copy wheras I could get a retail copy for ~400 rupees lesser and get a nice retail box with goodies inside!).
  • jam
    jam
    On the bright side, there is AOE 2 HD on 80% sale right now for this weekend. Just 113 for a classic.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    jam
    Some games cost more than their US prices. Like Fallout 4 (4299, really?), COD BO3 and GTA V (Come on, why would I bother spending more on a digital copy wheras I could get a retail copy for ~400 rupees lesser and get a nice retail box with goodies inside!).
    Agreed! But I am one careless guy, I would easily forget where I kept my damn game. I prefer digital copies from GOG and Steam, rather than buying retail copy. Last time I purchased Retail copy of The Witcher, I had to deal with censorships. So, when there was sale, I purchased DRM free copies of The Witcher series from GOG itself, which includes no cutscenes, no censorship, lots of other goodies and unlike Steam I can download and save it to my portable HD (Thanks to CDPR for DRM free copies)

However, I usually wait for a year to buy games after release, so that it costs me less. But that won't be happening for new Hitman game, for which I am very much impatient.

Feels like Blood Money's tactics, and that excites me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to know the details and its differences with the type of work.
Rajesh Banda Am pursuing MCA 2nd year College: Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore My Hobbies: Playing Cricket,enjoying with friends,code debugging My aim is to be a unique person in a...
I've been learning to program for the past ~1 year and have made significant progress. I think I've learned a lot of important things about the ways to learn programming...
Hey!! This is KAPIL BISHT(KAPSN).An ece graduate seeking for a job in Software development. I have key skills of core java, basics of C ,C++. I am a friendly boy...
Quote: Tiny components, premium materials, special tools and special talents. This is the formula for making a distinctive, and expensive, Rolex Submariner wristwatch. Watch this video to see what it...