steam Ejectors of Air Cooled Condensers

Can any body inform me that how an Ejector works in Air cooled condesers??

Replies

• harmanpreetsingh
    harmanpreetsingh
    Hemant.oist
    Can any body inform me that how an Ejector works in Air cooled condesers??
    The temperature of exhaust gases from simple cycle gas turbine generation sets (GENSETs) is usually very high (around 500 °C), and a heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) is often used to recover the energy from the exhaust gases and generate steam. The generated steams can be either used for many useful processes (heating, drying, separation etc.) or used back in the power generation system for enhancing power generation capacity and efficiency. Two well-proven techniques, namely steam injection gas turbine (STIG) and inlet air cooling (IAC) are very effective features that can use the generated steam to improve the power generation capacity and efficiency.
    Since the energy level of the generated steam needed for steam injection is different from that needed by an absorption chiller to cool the inlet air, a proper arrangement is required to implement both the STIG and the IAC features into the simple cycle GENSET.
    In this study, a computer code was developed to simulate a Taipower’s Frame 7B simple cycle GENSET. Under the condition of local summer weather, the benefits obtained from the system implementing both STIG and IAC features are more than a 70% boost in power and 20.4% improvement in heat rate.
  • Hemant.oist
    Hemant.oist
    This is for Gas turbine. In my case turbine is steam turbine and steam ejectors are used here to create the vaccum all over the condenser. What is the need to create vaccume?? and how is it created by ejectors.
  • bharatmaharana
    bharatmaharana
    air ejector is one type of ventury. when velocity of any stream increase, pressure nearby area will decrease. so in air ejector ,in meddle are high velocity steam are passing which create vacuum in the surrounding area.

motive fluid may be steam or air or any other fluid.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello engineers, we all know that relative motion between a magnetic field and a conductor produces electromotive force in a conductor. Now i have some issues regarding it: 1) Will...
Hi guys! What is web proxy server? I think it is to allow internal client's access to the Internet from behind a firewall. Can anyone tell me clearly what it...
I have four 3.7V 1400mAh Li-ion batteries that are to be connected in series so as to get resultant voltage of 14.8V and 1400mAH current rating. My problem is that...
Outlook Plugin Beta(drop.io) This Outlook plug-in allows you to select up to 100MB of files and then choose your own custom download URL to share them through e-mail. ...... Click...
hi what does interpolation physically mean in signals and systems