Status of campus recruitment in your college

The recession has put a freeze on hiring at many companies. The 2008 and 2009 batches have been hit. I've heard that two leading colleges in India [Government & Private] with a track record of 80% + recruitment had only 20% recruitment this year.

What is the status of recruitment in your college? Please provide the name of your college and also the figures.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hi,
    I'm from College of Engineering, Guindy. It's in Chennai, Tamilnadu.
    As far as I know, there's a marked difference in the placements this year from
    last year's. The mass recruiters like Infosys and CTS, TCS etc.. did their usual
    job. They recruited at almost the same rate.
    But the number of people recruited in core companies for core jobs got
    reduced by a significant amount. For example, Cisco took almost 20 people
    last year but this year they took only 6. Similarly with honeywell and other
    core companies.
    I dont understand this. While the mass recruiters needed the same amount of
    man power this year too, how was it lowered in case of the core jobs??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

That's the question almost every engineering student wants answered. The importance of this question is even more in the recession time. I urge all CEans who have successfully gotten jobs...
i came to know about while searching for a mini project......this is cool.. i am really late joining.....coz ppl here are really crazy ......and now i am proud to be...
Category: The problem(s) I would love to solve as an engineer Hi All, Please find my ideas below (bit informal way): The Problem(s) I would love to solve as an...
Hmm, not sure if i google and get the answer,, i don't want easy answer basically. wondering if we have anything like a soft dairy the page of the dairy...
Hey guys is it possible to browse computer through mobile using the USB CABLE? Is there any way or can it be possible at all???