Static-X new album: cult of static

The lyrics are what you would expect Static to write on the previous records, and might not appeal to some as boring and not anything special. The album's first single, Stingwray, is actually a standout track. It shows the style that the band decided to go for with this album and has catchy guitar riffs that get your head banging. The only thing about this song that might make it a failure are the lyrics, which focus on Static's wife Tera and her Corvette Stingwray....a topic which some might find dumb and uninspired. Another standout track is Skinned, which has good screamed vocals from Static and a good solo from Fukuda with a heavy, audible bass line. Tera-Fied is a song that shows the heavy industrial sound that Static-X are famous for, although there are several moments on this album where sampling is used of course....it is after all an Industrial Metal band we are talking about here. It's just more prominent on certain songs more than others.

Tracklist:
1. Lunatic - (featuring Dave Mustaine)
2. Z28
3. Terminal
4. Hypure
5. Tera-Fied
6. Stingwray
7. You Am I
8. Isolaytore
9. Nocturnally
10. Skinned
11. Grind 2 Halt
12. W.F.O.
13. Looks That Kill

[​IMG]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello 2 all dear frns
When I heard of the community I thought it would be wonderful to expand to a new community, meet like minded people and share thoughts and services with fellow members....
Hi, I'm very new in this communication principle. 1. I am suppose to design a simple FM transceiver circuit to transmit a voice from a transmitter to a receiver module...
Hi, Am doing my final year in production engineering. Can any one help me by suggesting few topics for final year project. I mainly aim for the society so anything...
Aptitude Questions Answer these questions with yours justification.... 1.One of the following is my secret word:AIM DUE MOD OAT TIE.With the list in front of you, if I were to...