Startups In Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering Fields

I'm fed up of hearing, reading and even writing about the startups in the digital world - software, hardware and Internet - that's all we keep on talking about. I'm wondering whether there are any startups or smaller companies with innovative ideas in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil Engineering fields.

If yes, please post about them in this thread.

Replies

• Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    I've a recent startup. We provide training on a variety of stuff. We'll be entering the mechanical area soon.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    one senior of mine started a firm to do the engineering drawings i.e. the plans for houses to be submitted for approval from the CMDA. he did this till he passed out and joined IIT.
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    I'm gravitated towards robotics!
  • Greenwatt
    Greenwatt
    We have startup called Emsys Electronics Pvt Ltd. We make power supplies and do innovative embedded projects. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It's been 4 years since this was posted. It is a remarkable trend that there are still not many popular startups coming out of India in this domain. I see many engineers from mechanical, industrial, civil, electrical branches, leaving their core skills behind to enter into the web-based startup domain. One has to agree that it's an alarming situation.
    Are the engineers here blindly following the West? Does US based Silicon Valley need to set a new trend in the field of civil engineering startups?

The most startups we are hearing of are - Web based, Robotics based, Biotechnology based and such. Or are we missing something big?
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    #-Link-Snipped-# the core domains are pretty slow on growth and require extensive capital input. There are products which need to be refined much before they enter a market, and also since crowd funding is not really active in India, hardwares don't progress beyond 2-3rd prototype.
    Also, India does not have many early adoptors, so new tech suffers in market cap as well. Most core startups I know are into services, heavily influenced by software.
    My recent trip to Maker Fest exposed me to the amazing hardware community in India, which helped some amazing ideas (check Circuitricks) to get to Maker Faire, SF.
    There is immense talent, just needs a condusive stmosphere to grow.
  • MANDA NAVEEN KUMAR
    MANDA NAVEEN KUMAR
    HI.. THIS IS I WORKED AS AN ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER,I WANNA START A STARTUP REGARDING ELECTRICAL DRAWINGS,MEANS SUBSTATION LAYOUTS,SLDS,PANEL MANUFACTURING,BUT I DIDNT HAVE ANY TEAM,ANY ONE HAD AN INTEREST ABOUT IT PLS MAKE A CALL TO ME--8985840857 OR #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Pawan.singh2608
    Pawan.singh2608
    hello #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# . pawan here . i am a mechanical graduate . actually i worked for a project company . and there i realised that it is very easy to start a consultancy for mechanical . This idea stuck in my mind when i googled about like mechanical consultancies which provide a better solution like civil and electronics consultancy do. there were no such companies or i should say best company. If anyone intrested in my idea than please mail me on #-Link-Snipped-#
  • iamjatinsapra
    iamjatinsapra
    We are working in Mechanical Special purpose machine domain from last 2-3 years, basically we are replicating machines of FMCG/ Packaging/Pharma / Automobiles which are fully automatic and imported we convert them into make in india, according to our customer's plant layout and his production bottlenecks,
    we got very good lead from NCR market, but as we started with our saving facing many issues of bribe to get order from big companies and to settle purchase and sales department, we are trying to hold the market micro and medium enterprises. Also working on several innovative products.
    We have successfully completed many projects which are done in India for very first time.
    Looking for some funds or partnership in marketing department.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The above lines created havoc on Indian Television Channels recently. Few of the protestors demanding the Jan Lokpal Bill demanded that the corrupt politicians in power should be awarded death...
TV channels have been showing the reports of the discovery of 'Superbug' in Delhi's tap water. Does anyone know what a superbug is and how it affects health? CEans from...
Introduction to the Computing and the basics concepts involved in Computer Organization were neatly explained by Prof. S. Raman, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to...
Introduction to the System Software concepts involved in Computer Organization were neatly explained by Prof. S. Raman, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to ask your...
Introduction to the System Hardware concepts involved in Computer Organization were neatly explained by Prof. S. Raman, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to ask your...