Startup Valuation - With & Without Revenue

Startups need money and raising money can be a very big challenge for most of the startups. I stumbled upon following video that shows how to calculate the overall valuation of your company if you have revenue and when you're still working on prototypes.

When you approach an early stage investor, it might help to figure out your own company valuation beforehand. Typically it's going to be about 10 - 20x your earnings. It would be about 3 - 5x your company's annual revenues.

But for a company with no revenues; early stage investors may ask for about 40 - 60 % stake in the company. The investors will typically value your company based on what their time is worth 😀

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    My question is ... how to approach a company & how to attract investors ?
    I know that i need a solid idea to startup my own business .. but how to approach when you are broken ?
    Tell me sir, How to gathered the investors ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    My question is ... how to approach a company & how to attract investors ?
    I know that i need a solid idea to startup my own business .. but how to approach when you are broken ?
    Tell me sir, How to gathered the investors ?
    You don't need a 'solid' idea. You just need an idea that aligns with your passions and skills and it can 'solve' a problem for people.

Contacting investors isn't a big thing. Just getting an investment may be a hell of a task.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have noticed that, In out community there ain't any forum named as "Guides". What my point is, How about adding it ? So why should we add forum named...
Composed from off-the-shelf materials, the new device can work out exactly where a person is looking by tracking their eye movements, allowing them to control a cursor on a screen...
I am not talking about the language here, Its all about grammar Vs spelling? Which is more important too know a language properly? I am good at spelling Hindi, But...
CAN ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ME WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BATTERY AND A CAPACITOR BECAUSE THEY SERVE THE SAME IN A CIRCUIT . CAPACITOR STORES THE CHARGE AND DISCHARGES...
HI MY NAME IS KAMESH FROM HYDERABAD . IM PRESENTLY DOING MY BTECH 2ND YEAR IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING IN A JNTU AFFILIATED COLLEGE. IM HAPPY TO KNOW ABOUT...