starting of synchronous motor

syn motor started as induction motor. In rotor circuit emf is induced which is Ac. now when DC supply given to rotor then what happened ?

Replies

• Abhilash41
    Abhilash41
    application of three-phase ac power to the stator causes a rotating magnetic field (rmf) to be set up around the rotor. The rotor is energized with dc . The strong rmf attracts the strong rotor field activated by the dc. This results in a strong turning force on the rotor shaft. The rotor can now turn a load as it rotates in step with the rotating magnetic field.
  • Abhilash41
    Abhilash41
    application of 3 phase ac power to the stator causes a rotating magnetic field (rmf) to be set up around the rotor. The rotor is energizedwith dc (it acts like a bar magnet). The strong rmf attracts the strong rotor field activated by the dc. This results in a strong turning force on the rotor shaft. The rotor can now turn a load as it rotates in step with the rmf
  • Abhilash41
    Abhilash41
    sorry. no idea how that got posted twice.
    to start a practical synchronous motor, the stator is energized, but the dc supply to the rotor field is not energized. The squirrel-cage windings bring the rotor to near synchronous speed. At that point, the dc field is energized. This locks the rotor in step with the rotating stator field. Full torque is developed, and the load is driven. A mechanical switching device that operates on centrifugal force is often used to apply dc to the rotor as synchronous speed is reached

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys we are building a robot that is going 2 be a goal blocking robot, we are going through a competition that we have 2 block the opponent team...
Hey, I'm Kernel32, yes the famous windows kernel evrybody likes in W98. It's old but I grow with it and made me famous in my school. Trade: futur engineer in...
Hey CEans, do you have any idea about how we are obtaining polychloroprene sheets for wet suits (or neoprene) after having made the polymer? I have found a website that...
A lot of wait and finally an interview The questions were many and answers were few When intro and all were skipped I knew I was gonna be ripped when...
Hello !! I need some help for a project which is a mix between chemistry and processes. I described my problem in the "technical discussion->chemical engineering" but I don't know...