Start Your Business With Zero Capital! Partner With Google

If you want to start your business and that too for free, Google is ready to provide you not only assistance, free website hosting but also other necessary tools. Here is how you should do it!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the idea of free website is good as long as it's small and don't expect lot of traffic. That means a ton of website will definitely benefit from Google's service. However, I don't think any serious businesses that want to depend on website for business would go with it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yep. It is sort of Googlebiz (be found on Google thing aka advertise+ planning) however the current one more focuses on small start-ups I guess.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I tried this for my friend, and yeah, they are doing it for free. One thing to be noted is, we need to submit the TIN and PAN details with the Govt. Reg. Numbers. The documents are subject to verification and if failed, the service will be stopped. Another thing is, it is free only for the first year! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Another thing is, it is free only for the first year! ๐Ÿ˜”
    That's the trick. There are no free lunches. Hostgator is quite famous in India for their cheap web hosting offers. I'm not too sure about the quality of hosting they provide. But once you're through the first year of operations; they're going to charge money and any serious website shouldn't rely on cheap web hosting.

I'm not saying cheap => poor quality. But in 99% of the times, it's a case.
    The_Big_K
    That's the trick. There are no free lunches. Hostgator is quite famous in India for their cheap web hosting offers. I'm not too sure about the quality of hosting they provide. But once you're through the first year of operations; they're going to charge money and any serious website shouldn't rely on cheap web hosting.

I'm not saying cheap => poor quality. But in 99% of the times, it's a case.
    Hey, AFAIK, only SquareBrothers Information Technology, Chennai, is providing the best hosting service. I have been hosting my websites for about 4 years till now and changed about 3 hosts. SB is doing very well. Others are sick! Seriously, the downtime is higher than their promised 99.99% or whatever SLA!!!

PS: What is CE's hosting company?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Hey, AFAIK, only SquareBrothers Information Technology, Chennai, is providing the best hosting service. I have been hosting my websites for about 4 years till now and changed about 3 hosts. SB is doing very well. Others are sick! Seriously, the downtime is higher than their promised 99.99% or whatever SLA!!!

PS: What is CE's hosting company?
    They must be re-sellers or do they own the data centers? I'd trust a company that owns their data centers than resellers. I think E2 Networks, Reliance and Tata are better hosting providers in India. But never used their services.
    The_Big_K
    They must be re-sellers or do they own the data centers? I'd trust a company that owns their data centers than resellers. I think E2 Networks, Reliance and Tata are better hosting providers in India. But never used their services.
    Tata & Reliance??? ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I have no clue!!! Well, SB had once said that their servers are in Dallas DataCentres (No idea how true), but I haven't experienced a single bad impression on them, neither a downtime! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Tata & Reliance??? ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ I have no clue!!! Well, SB had once said that their servers are in Dallas DataCentres (No idea how true), but I haven't experienced a single bad impression on them, neither a downtime! ๐Ÿ˜€
    That's good, but then there data center gets the credit.
  • vinci
    vinci
    hostgator with google is providing simple static web sites for 1 year where we cant include dynamic things like code etc.Also ,they have pre defined themes and i think it just gives an experience how to control a simple website nothing else
    vinci
    hostgator with google is providing simple static web sites for 1 year where we cant include dynamic things like code etc.Also ,they have pre defined themes and i think it just gives an experience how to control a simple website nothing else
    I guess they are giving us FTP access! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vinci
    vinci
    not at all dear.no FTP we cant upload any file to site
    vinci
    That's another catch! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vinci
    No FTP? Bah! What's the point in hosting with them?
    The_Big_K
    No FTP? Bah! What's the point in hosting with them?
    Biggie, there exists a crappy file manager. It doesn't even extract archives!!! ๐Ÿ˜” What if we have 100s of files to upload? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not meant for serious websites, for sure.
  • vinci
    vinci
    yes big_k.its absolutely not for serious business indeed.Its just trial over 1 year period to let user(dummies specifically) enjoy web hosting and admin over the website
    vinci
    yes big_k.its absolutely not for serious business indeed.Its just trial over 1 year period to let user(dummies specifically) enjoy web hosting and admin over the website
    Admin without any administrative privileges!!! ๐Ÿ˜”

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sunil Bharti Mittal who brought telecom revolution in India is talking about entrepreneurship. You see he started with a follow-up business and then ended up with totally unknown concept. The...
The current generation of CompactFlash (CF) cards is about to get an upgrade soon. The compactflash association has just finished work on the next generation of the existing cards which...
CEans from Canada rejoice. The Toshiba Excite tablet with the honeycomb flavor is coming to Canada in 2012. The tablet ships in two versions with different storage sizes viz. 16...
hey i filled aieee 2012 form earlier once....but some information in it got wrong(mother's profession and annual income and some minor ones) and i confirmed it... so now i tried...
2011 Technology and Innovation Award Winners Revealed https://www.theengineer.co.uk/1011128.article?cmpid=TE01