Speed Control Of Wiper Motor

I am currently doing a project on Automatic speed controll of Wiper Motor with respect to amount of water present in the sensor.
The sensor is Rain drop Sensor and the and i have an idea of using Arduino as controller for my project.
Please suggest me which Arduino model is suitable for speed control of Wiper motor.
Also suggest me if any other controller is suitable for my project.

With Regards

Venkat

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    venkat15
    The sensor is Rain drop Sensor
    Once the sensor has a film of water on it it cannot sense more water falling on it. Looks as if it senses the resistance between the two conducting strips. It is very doubtful if this gives a variable signal with rain fall rate.

Decades back one method tried was to have a porous resistor exposed to the rain. The resistance of this was kept constant by passing a current through it to dry the water. More current was needed if the rain rate was more. The current flowing was used to monitor the rain rate.
  • lal
    lal
    What is the whole system is made closed loop. Implement some method to mechanically wipe the water drop sensor at the same rate wiper operates (might require more than one sensor for this to operate effectively). Now it should be possible to determine the rate at which sensors get wet, which further may be made use of to determine the speed of wiping.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Martian, one of the most awaited Hollywood movie of 2015 was specially screened for a team of ISRO scientists at Ahmedabad by Ridley Scott - the director of the...
doing M.E. in construction engineering and management.. can anyone list out any project ideas which i can relate to construction management??
Hi Guys.. I am new here! I watched few no. of conversation and it was very intresting nd helpful. I would like to know that Is there any space for...
I am working in HCL Bserve as a network provisioner doing manual testing of telecom ckts on Lec GUI and sending a disconnect request. But this process comes under BPO...
Imagine a new material that can sustain a force of more than 6577 kg per sq. inch (which is the pressure found at 10.9 km below the ocean, the deepest...