Special section for students

I think a 'special section for students' will sure attract a lot of studentsπŸ˜€

All might be looking for a place to clear their doubts and learn more about various topics. CE being a playground of great engineers could easily clear their doubts. Again, if some useful articles regarding what they study is published, even more will become active on CE.

I believe CE is where an engineering student or some others of the same genere will get everything for framing a colourful future.πŸ‘ There are loads of projects too.

The problem(i dont know whether i can say it a problem) with CE is that the number of active members is very less! I think we have to take immediate measures to rectify it.

Waiting for administrators...πŸ˜’

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the suggestion. CE gives a platform to all the students and professional engineers to come on the same stage to interact with each other. Our sections are open to all - students & professionals. This way, we wish to build a healthy knowledge sharing, idea exchange among engineers from various backgrounds, experiences, disciplines etc.

It's true that the number of active members is less; but we continue to focus on people who can contribute value. For students, we already have Project Ideas & Seminar section (which looks very odd, but it's only for students who seek free lunch).

We want to get more active people who will bring in quality.
  • tech_vaibhav_ee
    tech_vaibhav_ee
    The_Big_K
    Thanks for the suggestion. CE gives a platform to all the students and professional engineers to come on the same stage to interact with each other. Our sections are open to all - students & professionals. This way, we wish to build a healthy knowledge sharing, idea exchange among engineers from various backgrounds, experiences, disciplines etc.

It's true that the number of active members is less; but we continue to focus on people who can contribute value. For students, we already have Project Ideas & Seminar section (which looks very odd, but it's only for students who seek free lunch).

We want to get more active people who will bring in quality.

Inviting experts from other technical forums might be an option..Following are links to two good forums which I know of:

Electronics Forum (Circuits, Projects and Microcontrollers)
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure, is a good idea. However, people usually are reluctant to joining other forums. You all can give a try though. Will be very beneficial to all of us.

Another option could be to have more professionals contributing their time to CE. I'd love to have engineers from large electronics, electrical, mechanical, civil, structural, chemical industries to share their knowledge with us on CE.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I think there are already lot of 'student specific' sections where most of the contributions are coming from student anyway. So I guess we are more or less covered. Inviting experts is a good idea.
  • yvs praneeth
    yvs praneeth
    yes. i'm a student pursuing my b.tech in electronics and communication. i feel that it would be great if there's a student corner in CE
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    yvs praneeth
    yes. i'm a student pursuing my b.tech in electronics and communication. i feel that it would be great if there's a student corner in CE
    Welcome to CE praneeth.

There are some section like Project idea and seminar topic are special for the student use.

And yep idea for expert lecture is very nice even we can ask our professors to write something here on CE. as they are good in presentation also πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just curious. What would the Student's corner have?
  • lal
    lal
    The_Big_K
    Just curious. What would the Student's corner have?
    May be these,
    -Doubt clearing (I know all the doubts are cleared now also. But a unique one will be a bit different😎).
    -Articles regarding what they study.

Whatever it may be, a special section would sure attract a lot of students. This is what i think. May be we'll have to make a small study on that...πŸ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Expert Article will be a fantastic idea πŸ˜€

But people should not add task to mods by posting job requests and project requests there!!

Remember the Wolfram thread??
  • safwan
    safwan
    ya regarding student their should also like
    /: no free lounch if programming then
    just giving aLOgorithem instead of code
    no help in homework
    sujjetion on topic already done mean (contributed /half finished ) by students unlike giving compleate way.
    I know it sound negative but this is what i learned from Ce , Engineeres that also crazy requires innovative mind not dumb
    :sshhh:
  • lal
    lal
    What ES mentioned is right, there'll be a lot of job and projects requests!πŸ˜”
    And I agree with "no free lunch" of Safwan too.
  • yvs praneeth
    yvs praneeth
    lal
    May be these,
    -Doubt clearing (I know all the doubts are cleared now also. But a unique one will be a bit different😎).
    -Articles regarding what they study.

Whatever it may be, a special section would sure attract a lot of students. This is what i think. May be we'll have to make a small study on that...πŸ˜›
    yeah , by saying " student corner in CE" i mean the same.... what mr. lal has told.😎
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Safwan thats correct!!!

For increasing members/posts we should not spoil the new generations by giving codes.

We should make them work !!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    We can do one more thing. We give them some extra homework πŸ˜‰ they have to work on it. By this manner we change their minds and way to do homework. We will give some topic they have to research on that and submit report here. One more advantage of this type of work is that student get familiar with new technology and problems and also get some tips how to solve them from our expert ceans. 😁 isn't it cool πŸ˜‰
  • safwan
    safwan
    godfather
    We can do one more thing. We give them some extra homework πŸ˜‰ they have to work on it. By this manner we change their minds and way to do homework. We will give some topic they have to research on that and submit report here. One more advantage of this type of work is that student get familiar with new technology and problems and also get some tips how to solve them from our expert ceans. 😁 isn't it cool πŸ˜‰
    Exactly right
  • lal
    lal
    @GF : That is a great idea... But only the most interested ones will be involved in it. Yet i agree with you.

So what is your pick - Should we have a special section for students?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well thats totally depend on mods and admin. But we have anyone interested member who can give enough time to maintain that subsection?

Or on primary base we can start this one in other section. If we get a good response and active members then we will think more on it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, I'm looking for bulk sms service providers in India. Do you have any suggestions/recommendations?
Hi everybody.My name is G.Preetham. I am pursuing my final year B.tech in ELECTRICAL engineering from gitam university and i am planning to do prepaid energy meter as my 4-1...
hi frndz, am doing my 2nd yr BE(mech).....am thinking to start on papers or projects....i'm interested in aspects with respect to thermal engineering or hydraulics....can any of u ppl suggest...
I'm trying to develop a model for silicon smelting to produce 2202 silicon metal in a submerged arc furnace. If there's anyone with experience in this process, I'd like to...
I need a Brushless DC motor with a RPM as low as about 120 RPM and torque as 80 mNm. I tried to explore the Faulhaber motors. I didn't get...