Sound / Audio Engineers?

Hello! I want to know if sound/audio engineers are around on this forum? I have not seen anyone ๐Ÿ˜‰ So I'm assuming I'm the only one here .

Replies

• Steven
    Steven
    Rocker
    Hello! I want to know if sound/audio engineers are around on this forum? I have not seen anyone ๐Ÿ˜‰ So I'm assuming I'm the only one here .
    yah i am the second one buddy. Lets introduce each other.
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    Steven
    yah i am the second one buddy. Lets introduce each other.
    Hey Steven! Welcome to CE ๐Ÿ˜ ! I am sure there is a large number of dormant sound engineers here. Glad to meet you.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Guys, what are the differences between a Sound Engineer / Audio Engineer / Sound-Audio Technician etc? If there are any?

My friend is doing a course here in dubai as a Audio Technician or was it engineer?
  • kanna.sridharan
    kanna.sridharan
    Well all you sound / audio engineers, i have a problem with my car audio can you help me sort it out. I have a Pioneer 6950 Head Unit, a Blaupunkt GT4A MK II Special (4 Channel), JBl 637 (Front 6.25"), JBL 937 (Rear 6"*9"). I am not able to set my amp to deliver only the higher frequencies thats like above 250 Hz to the front speakers. Is there anything i can do about this.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    check out mp3car.com forums! Its got wonderful tutorials on trival things like Speaker setup and amp connections plus loads of information on Powercontrol, power rails, amp modifications, audio filters etc, that site will really really help you out for car freaks like you๐Ÿ˜€
  • ankita-patnaik
    ankita-patnaik
    Hullo all you sound engineers,

I am not one myself but I recently found this website called soundsnap.com which has been very useful in providing sounds for my animations - its basically an online platform for finding and sharing sound effects and loops legally. Its got a huge collection of sounds, is easy to use, and totally free.

I hope you find this helpful!
  • derisghafar
    derisghafar
    yuhuu..
    it's really2 help me personalise my startup sound....thanks ankita.....so what are u doing right now..i mean work or study??...
  • Sunnyrulz
    Sunnyrulz
    i am having a sound system with my pc...it is creative inspire M500 5.1...

problem is i dropped one of the rear surround speaker and after that it stated giving an annoying noise...like "kir kir" (sorry but thats how can i describe the sound)
    showed it to a number of so called techs but they all said that there is some natural limit of a speaker above which it gives such sounds
    before droppoing it...it was working fine...
    please tell me what to do...
    i opened it myself too but couldnt make it out...!
  • yathirajan
    yathirajan
    Dude!! I am there for a very long time!!!!

Just got the time to revisit this site!!

Great to hear that there are few like me!!!

By the way i am in this community for more than 2 years๐Ÿ˜

Cheers,
    Yathi
  • yathirajan
    yathirajan
    For Sond Effects - Another site to Ankita

Actually there is sounddogs.com which is meant for providing samples and sound effects for free of cost!! Check this too!!!

Cheers,
    Yathi

ankita-patnaik
    Hullo all you sound engineers,

I am not one myself but I recently found this website called soundsnap.com which has been very useful in providing sounds for my animations - its basically an online platform for finding and sharing sound effects and loops legally. Its got a huge collection of sounds, is easy to use, and totally free.

I hope you find this helpful!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yathirajan
    Dude!! I am there for a very long time!!!!

Just got the time to revisit this site!!

Great to hear that there are few like me!!!

By the way i am in this community for more than 2 years๐Ÿ˜

Cheers,
    Yathi
    Good to see you back! Now how about a fresh introduction in our Introductions section? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Is there a difference between Sound & Audio?
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    Hello there, ya all ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    I'm not trying to be the bold one here, but as it seems tht audiophiles in CE are joining up, I thought I'll let you guys know who I am.
    Well, U can find my intro in the intro sec. In here I would like to let you know that Audio is one of my expertise. Since I have designed and build Power Amps for my personal use, as a mater of fact, My own music system is TRI-Amp model which is constructed by me. Even the speakers are hand build.( tri-amping is the way to hear the true clarity of songs, and music you will not believe what you are missing from using standard hi fi's.)
    I will take some pics as soon I get a digital cam and make a thread of my Music system later.

Secondly I customize sound for car's in Maldives. I have done a bi amping installation in a jaguar here, which I say is sounds far better than any other installation.

So I hope to be any help for any of u guys who into audio whether it is Home theater, Hi end HIFI, 8.1, 7.1. 5.1, Sub woofer design and or car Audio, I can give really good advices.

So PM me if you need help, and I'll be almost regularly once my current job is done, ok!!!
    Thanks and best of luck
    Rifaa

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Where can you get Pixel Shader 1.1 or better without buying a new graphics card? * Sorry, you must buy a new Graphics Card with Pixel Shader 1.1 (or better)...
What is the difference between hyper-threading multi-threading and super-threading in computer processors? As per my knowledge Hyperthreding technlogy is used in P4 CPU's. [ whenever U open multiapplication i.e. more...
How do I get a null pointer in my programs? ==>According to the language definition, a constant 0 in a pointer context is converted into a null pointer at compile...
My greeting to all the CEians , Im A new member here and the following are my details Name: Mehul Jain Engineering Trade: Electrical Engineering Location: Bits Pilani Dubai Campus...
CEans! Here is the list of articles currently available on our CE - Downloads - Click on the name to go to downloads section. Finance Origin Of Shares - By...