Sony's Project Morpheus To Take The Player Physically Inside The Virtual Game World

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) has today launched the 'Project Morpheus' that is all set to churn out a virtual reality system designed for the PlayStation 4. Putting all its energies on the development of this innovative technology, Sony has been working on this project for more than 3 years. Unveiled at the GDC 2014 (the Game Developers Conference), the current prototype of the project sports a High-Definition (1080p) head mounted display that features a 90 degree field of view. Integrated with this gadget are the Accelerometer and Gyroscope sensors along with a PlayStation Camera, responsible for accurately tracking head orientation and movement - This means if you rotate your head, the image of the virtual world rotates intuitively in real-time with you. How awesome is that?

Along with all that, there's also a new 3D audio technology that re-creates stereoscopic sounds in all directions and changes in real-time depending on your head orientation. This means that, once in a game scene, players will be able to listen to sounds from all directions in physical world such as footsteps climbing up stairs below them, or engine noises of helicopters flying overhead. Yikes! It couldn't get more realistic than that. Project Morpheus is all set to change how you experience games by introducing a DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller and PlayStation Move to deliver an easy-to-use, plug-and-play VR experience. Yep, it gets better. The PS Move controller will make it possible for the players to swing their hands to move the sword in the game so they create a feel that you are physically killing off enemies.

Sony-Project-Morpheus

Sony will be offering this prototype as it first development kit (SDK) for PS4 developers, so that they can work on it as enthusiastically as Sony developers do. The SDK will roll out gradually as it becomes ready. We are eagerly waiting the launch of this beautiful and amazing piece of technology to hit the market as a commercial product. How excited are you? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Pradeep Somu
    Pradeep Somu
    Oculus Rift has a larger display and field of view and would probably be cheaper..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nuzzel app isn't based on some out-of-the-box concept. Launched this tuesday, it can be used to view the news feeds from your Facebook and Twitter timelines in an organized manner....
Lenovo India has today launched its new compact desktop with ThinkCentre M73 Tiny to suit the varying demands of consumers with regards to the size and features. Priced at Rs....
What is necessity to design a multilingual chatting application in which the clients from multiple places can chat together in a language of their on choice. For example we may...
After its mega launch at the CES 2014 this year, a lot of enthusiasts were waiting for the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra to launch in India. And lo! Here it...
Hi everyone, I am Pradeep Somu.😀 I am a 2nd year Mechanical Engineering student. I love Science and Learning new stuff... I consider myself an idealist and am a huge...