Sony Xperia Z3+ Launched In India At Rs. 55,990 | Specs At Glance

Sony India just brought its new smartphone Xperia Z3+ to the Indian shores hoping that it will compete the high-end phones in the market. Even if that might be the case, the phone has major highs and lows in terms of features. Talking of the positives first, we have a slimmer than ever design at just 6.9 mm thick body that weighs only 144 grams. The designs boasts of a sleek rounded aluminium frame which also has been tested to be waterproof and resistant to dust. Next on the goodie part is the 2930 mAh battery that is said to offer a talk time of up to 17 hours. The Xperia Z3+ has a 5.2 inch FHD (1920x1080) display that doesn't disappoint either.

When it comes to Sony mobiles, camera is the one feature that's most looked forward to. With Xperia X3+ we have a 20.7 megapixel rear primary camera (with 8x Digital Zoom) and a a 5 megapixel front camera, both of which feature 25 mm wide angle and Exmor RS sensor. Proudly called 'Sony’s best phone camera', the Xperia Z3+ lets you record 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixel) videos and play them back on a 4K TV or projector using the latest MHL 3.0 connector.

Sony-xperia-z3-plus-the-selfie-bar
The storage is only as better as it can get with a powerful 3 GB RAM alongside a 32 GB flash memory and support for extension of storage to 128 GB via microSD card. At its core, Sony Xperia Z3+ runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.

Now to the not so good part, here we have a 64 bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Octa Core processor (Quad-core 2.0 GHz + Quad core 1.5 GHz) that has some serious heating issues as has been pointed by several top tech blogs. However, Sony seems to have not heeded to the pressure that was building up around the processor and gone ahead and launched the smartphone. It is likely that a firmware update for the Xperia Z3+ could be on its way in a few months.

Coming to the connectivity features, there's support for aGPS, Bluetooth 4.1, USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB, NFC GLONASS, Miracast, Screen Mirroring, Wi-Fi MiMo and Wi-Fi Hotspot.

With all those features, Sony has priced the Xperia Z3+ in India at Rs. 55,990 which makes it a considerably costly Android device. With similar features, users can get a smartphone at a half the price with all the competition brewing up. If you are after the brand, Sony Xperia Z3+ might prove to be a delight with its looks and above average features.

Let us know your thoughts about the new Xperia phone in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Last year was full of wearable device launches that started making them more common than elite as one would've initially thought. One of such products that made it to the...
Hai.. I am Poombavai Sivamani.. I m doing my final year MCA in SNS college of Engineering, Coimbatore.. I have an elder sister who works in Cognizant as Associate engineer.....
In July 2014, Anisha and her friend Nupur Khanna started their own venture called Eatonomist. Their only motive was to provide lip-smacking gourmet meal options for customers who hope to...
zynq series chip of xilinx is ideal choice for implementation of embedded systems. with a FPGA IC and two ARM A9 Cores in on small IC they have any thing...
Hello, i have completed my BE in Chemical Engineering in this 2015 now i am planning for masters from USA.. so in field scope is better in masters looking forward...