Sony Vaio Flip Ultrabooks Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs. 94,990

Sony has launched its hybrid convertible series of laptops in the form of Sony Vaio Ultrabooks in India today. The hybrid design of the device makes it a laptop cum tablet. With Sony Vaio Flip 13 priced at Rs. 99,990, Flip 14 at Rs. 94,990 and Flip 15 at Rs. 1,04,990, the company is definitely targeting the high-budget segment in India. The laptops bring in the innovative hinge design that lets the user change the screen to a laptop or tablet or a viewer mode with a simple flip. Sony is third in line after Dell and Asus, who have launched similar kind of laptop cum tablet devices in India last year.

The Windows 8.1 operating system running touchscreen notebooks come with Opti-contrast panel, large touch pad and bigger palm rest to give users a comfortable typing experience, as well as a backlit keyboard which allows for work in low-light conditions. The line up of new Flip notebooks come with a Triluminos Display for mobile also features Sony's BRAVIA expertise and all the three notebooks sport a full HD resolution. There is also a presence of X-Reality for mobile which optimizes the quality for the sharpest videos. All these notebooks come with great audio quality like Clear Audio+TM, xLoud, Clear phase, VPT, Voice Zoom and S-FORCE front surround 3D to offer soul-shaking clarity. Let us take a look at the features and specifications that the Sony Vaio Flip PCs bring in to the table one by one.

Starting with the Sony Vaio Flip F13N1A - We have an ultrabook wit 13.3-inch full HD touch display, Intel’s fourth-generation processors (up to i7 clocked at 1.6GHz), Intel HD Graphics 4400, up to 8GB of RAM, up to 256GB SSD, a battery that lasts for up to 7.5 hours, an 8-megapixel rear camera and connectivity options like HDMI, Wi-Fi, USB 3.0 and NFC.

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.03.06 PM

Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.04.07 PM Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.04.18 PM Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.04.29 PM Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.04.39 PM
Next in line is the Vaio Flip F14N16 that features a 14-inch full HD touch display, Intel’s fourth generation processors (up to i7 clocked at 1.8GHz), Intel HD Graphics 4400, up to 8GB of RAM, up to 750GB hybrid drive, HD camera and connectivity options like HDMI, Wi-Fi, USB 3.0 and NFC. The 15-inch Vaio Flip is available in two variants - the Vaio Flip F15N12 priced at Rs 104,990 and the Vaio Flip F15N17 priced at Rs 119,990. Coming to the specs, the Vaio Flip F15N12 features a 15.5-inch full HD touch display, 1.6GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M, 4GB RAM, 1TB flash storage and a HD camera.

The Flip F13N weighs 1.31 Kg and its battery lasts up to 7.5 hours. F14N and F15N's batteries last for 6 hours and 5 hours respectively. Sony has also included a dedicated USB port inside charging adaptor for quick smart phone charging. This provides instant charging without blocking USB ports on laptop. With Vaio's sleep and charge technology, phones can be charged even when the system is shutdown.

As an introductory offer, Sony is offering its headphones - Sony MDR-XB910A worth Rs. 12,990/ with the Flip Ultrabooks as well as unlimited music downloads for 3 months via Sony Music Jive application and a discount on extended warranty.

How do you like the features, specs and price of the all-new Sony Vaio Flip Ultrabooks? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Replies

• sumitshrm45
    sumitshrm45
    Great features..... Loved it! but price is little high 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have 55% in 12th class.. plzzz tell me Should i go for Gate coaching... i have heard from someone that if u dont have 60% in 12th then u...
Can you give me about final year project idea related to telecommunication field??
We need to interpolate values from graph that we obtained from the experiment. We do not have idea on feeding the inputs to Surface fitting tool.. Suggest the necessary codes...
​Want to know whether the cat is dead Or alive? Just peek into the goddamn Schrodinger's box you. University of Rochester scientists have devised a novel method wherein you can...
How about having a transparent display on the windshield of your car that displays the desired information while you driving? Sounds interesting. Researchers from various strata have been working on...