Sony DSC-WX300 - 18.2 Mega Pixel W Series 20x Optical Zoom Cyber-shot (Black) - is it worth buying?

I've had a dream of buying a good camera with maximum large optical zoom to get the best clarity pictures when I go travelling. However, I'm not a professional and would not fancy carrying a heavy camera with complicated settings. I've narrowed down my search to one product which I like (just checked the online specs and I've NO hands on experience of this product yet).
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Fig: Sony DSC-WX300 - 18.2 Mega Pixel W Series 20x Optical Zoom Cyber-shot (Black)

I'd request all photography lovers out there to help me by letting me know if there are other products in this range worth taking a look at. Will this camera work well if I were to take pictures in low light situations like a candle light dinner or an outdoor event at night?

Check #-Link-Snipped-# for the detailed specifications of this camera. The price mentioned on Sony's official website for this product is MRP Rs 19,990

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to gadgets section. If you are serious about photography, I'd strongly recommend opting for a entry level DSLR than a point-&-shoot. While I've owned SONY cameras and have been more than impressed with the quality they offer in the 'auto' mode, nothing comes closer to DSLR.

Let me tag @#-Link-Snipped-# to help you out with the choice. His work is more than impressive! Mithil, over to you!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY student and I have a report about the "uncommon or rare" tags in html and CSS AND GIVING EXAMPLES ON EVERY UNCOMMON OR RARE TAGS.. any...
what can be done if cpu is not displaying
Two days back my friend made a seminar in my class on "big bang engine" but I am not able to catch the real point in it.He said that big...
Coursera is a initiative to provide you free training on various topics. I have attended training on start-up websites and got some idea how it work. I just got mail...
could anyone give me the java applet program for creating online shopping website which having buttons ,frames,layouts,dialog box,etc..and i need to login in the frst page,then i have to choose...