Sony CP-V3 - The New Portable USB Charger In India With Price Tag Rs. 1,590

Sony India has launched a new device called the Sony CP-V3 - a USB portable charger priced at Rs. 1,590 in the country. The portable USB charger can power your smartphone anywhere and everywhere. Featuring a 2,800 mAh battery, the Sony CP-V3 charger is compatible with most smartphones including Xperia, Cyber-shot, Handycam and Walkman players. A great choice as an emergency backup, this charger from Sony could be carried around and can come in handy. The Sony CP-V3 packs inside it a lithium-polymer rechargeable battery and is available in a stylish compact form in 5 vibrant colours - red, blue, black, purple and white.

Sony CP-V3 USB-charger

Users can charge their gadget using the micro USB cable included in the package. The device itself can be fully charged using the computer's USB port in 6 hours or AC-USB adapter (not included) in roughly 3.5 hours. The Sony CP-V3 weighs 84 grams and comes with dimensions 99x38.8x19mm. The company boasts that it can retain more than 90 percent of its initial capacity at 1,000 charges.

Speaking of portable chargers, we here at VoiCE covered two great products in recent times - Charge Your Devices Wherever You Go Using Nectarand Kuaray Solar Charger Taking Portable Devices Beyond Electric Outlets. Nectar is a very portable device which packs about two weeks to a month of power to charge your devices. Based on silicon power cell technology that is purely their own in house development with the core technology being a micro solid oxide fuel cell, Nectar has the advantages of the silicon cell - being very light, very small and hence highly portable.

The other one is a solar panel called as 'Kuaray' derives its name from the Guarani language's word for the Sun. This solar charger is designed by Ruben Freire and it is unique because of its use of PowerPlastic panel and a Li-ion battery. Power Plastic is an organic light activated material developed by Konarka, whereas the Li-ion batteries are used because they are much lighter than most equivalent batteries. Moreover, these batteries wont self-discharge, contain relatively few toxic metals and are fairly simple to recycle.

We would like to know your views and opinions - So, how do you like the Sony CP-V3 portable chargers?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The prices of the other devices are unknown, but I will surely buy a device of this kind. Its not difficult to carry charger around but to find a socket and charge it is a real big deal. I have been to a hospital recently, to charge my phone I have to stand at the power socket for 40 mins, which can be happily avoided with these kind of devices.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I totally agree with you ^. With Nectar providing almost two weeks worth of power, its time the major tech companies bring products that match such levels. I checked for the price of Nectar portable charger, but it seems its not yet out.
    On the other hand, Sony's CP-V3 USB portable charger is now available across all Sony Centers and major electronic stores in India and the price isn't too much either.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    On the other hand, Sony's CP-V3 USB portable charger is now available across all Sony Centers and major electronic stores in India and the price isn't too much either.
    Ok, may be I am wrong here. Some of my friends are telling me that the USB chargers are available in the Indian market for less than Rs. 500. Can anyone here list some of the cheaper options?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Intex Technologies, the Indian mobile manufacturer has launched a new smartphone in its Aqua series with Intex Aqua i6. Powered by the 1.3GHz quad-core MT6582 processor from MediaTek, which the...
Researchers from Naemura Lab at the University of Tokyo have developed a new interface that brings mixed reality in the picture. This new kind of interface makes it possible for...
Back in September, Samsung Electronics announced the launch of a new advanced pixel technology for CMOS image sensors called ISOCELL. The Samsung ISOCELL sensors technology is able to attain higher...
I'm searching for Displayport (thunderbolt) to HDMI adapters & cables and surprised to see the difference in the prices of these adapters available on various websites. Some of them are...
iBall Andi 4.5z is the latest addition in the Indian budget smartphone market and in the iBall Andi series of mobile devices. Featuring the 1.3GHz dual-core Cortex A7 processor, the...