Sonic to acquire DivX for $323 million

Source: Sonic to Acquire DivX

NOVATO, Calif. and SAN DIEGO, June 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and DivX, Inc. (Nasdaq: DIVX) today jointly announced that they have signed a definitive merger agreement for Sonic Solutions to acquire DivX, Inc., a leading digital media company, based in San Diego, California. Under the terms of the agreement, approved by the boards of directors of both companies, Sonic would acquire all the outstanding shares of DivX and merge DivX operations into those of Sonic. DivX stockholders would receive a combination of cash and stock equal to $3.75 in cash and 0.514 shares of Sonic common stock for each share of DivX they hold. The acquisition, which is expected to close in September 2010, is subject to approval of the shareholders of both companies as well as applicable regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.

For more than 20 years, Sonic has been the leader in developing technologies for the preparation and delivery of entertainment content in popular formats — CD, DVD, Blu-ray Disc and most recently Internet delivery of video. The acquisition of DivX is expected to advance Sonic's mission to deliver technology that makes it easy and convenient for retailers, online services, Hollywood studios, and manufacturers of CE and mobile devices to distribute premium digital video content over the Internet. DivX is expected to enable Sonic to deepen and broaden the technology it offers for Internet-based video delivery and expand its relationships with leading retailers and consumer electronics manufacturers.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Right now I'm preparing a presentation of 'Thermal Energy Storage'. I've found one book that good for the presentation, written by Halime Paksoy. But I would like to get...
Hi Guys, I will be in the said city between 5th and 15th of this month. We could have a CE meet if anyone is interested.
India's supercomputer; TATA owned EKA is no longer in World Top 10. EKA now stands at 33rd position. Earlier, the supercomputer boasted its 9th position among world's top supercomputers. In...
Times of India has released a list of top 10 certifications. Look at them: - VMware Certified Professional Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) GIAC Security Audit Essentials (GSAE) Certified Information...
hello friends i m beginners of c++ and i want to make simple password program that will accept password from user and simultaneously display the stars("*") with the simple while...