Something should be done

Frankly speaking I do not understand why people cannot understand this forum. It is easy, we are all doing engineering and can think, its not that people here have low IQ s, so whats the problem. Half the new posts are give me project ideas. Hell man, there are so many project ideas already written by serious members of this forum, you just need to read the posts. Are they too busy to even go through them.
The introductions that many newbies are giving lately is awesome. It is a hi guys or something like that, close, and many have introduced themselves everywhere except the introductions.
And the last thing, I have seen many people have joined this forum made just one post that goes " hi I am this this doing this and need project/seminar ideas" and they have been inactive since. Well dude, we have to do something about this.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Woh!

Relax, Patty! I understand your frustration. In fact, Ash & I spend considerable time moving threads, changing thread titles and banning ad-spammers.

Here are my thoughts :-

Frankly speaking I do not understand why people cannot understand this forum. It is easy, we are all doing engineering and can think, its not that people here have low IQ s, so whats the problem.
    Even I get surprised when people tell me the site is difficult to understand. Probably, most of the members are new to the concept of online forums. We follow a standard forum system which is quite popular all over the world.

There are two things which we can do -

1. Come up with video tutorials for the new members.
    2. Simplify the forums structure. I've been working on this for quite some time. I hope to be able to come up with something concrete in few days time.

Half the new posts are give me project ideas. Hell man, there are so many project ideas already written by serious members of this forum, you just need to read the posts. Are they too busy to even go through them.
    This is very unfortunate. It even goes against the idea which led to creation of CrazyEngineers. But, we all will have to deal with it. If we must; blame the education system which leaves no scope for creativity. Most of the students want ready-made project reports, codes, presentations etc. They aren't even willing to put in any effort.

This said, this opens up a business opportunity for us. We've talented minds over here. Let's come up with presentations and reports and make them available to students at some suitable price. We'll discuss about this some other time.

Till then our "Project Ideas & Seminar Topics" section will continue to handle all such queries. Fortunately, it gives us lot of traffic as well ๐Ÿ˜€

The introductions that many newbies are giving lately is awesome. It is a hi guys or something like that, close, and many have introduced themselves everywhere except the introductions.
    I think I know why this happens. Probably, the concept of "CrazyEngineers" doesn't get well through new members. Most of the new members think Computer Engineers should only interact with computer engineers, electrical engineers with electrical engineers etc. Thanks to social networking sites which actually promote such groups.

We may write a better introduction on the top of forums. I was even thinking of coming up with a short page on our portal that describes everything in short. Once any new user registers, we mail him/her the link to that page.

These are all my ideas/thoughts. Waiting for everyone's response!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yea, I understand your frustration! All we could do is be patient and do our best to accommodate the CEans who find it difficult to fit in.

We may not know why the forum system is difficult to understand, or whether ready made projects is the only reason for joining. But because we are faced with the situation, we'll need to be proactive in our solutions.

I've already done a draft flash tutorial here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

And more will appear once I'm free. For the CEans who keep on asking for seminar topics and project titles, the list already exists, so we'll keep on showing that to them. However, while doing that, we also need to post the latest engineering news and technological trends often. This is for everyone's benefit.

For ready made projects, I doubt we would entertain these requests. However, we could create a general guide on how to work on projects; the skills you'd need, the tools and resources that will need to be utilized, a timetable or timeline, etc. This way, we can teach others on how to work on projects, instead of spoon feeding them! We cannot change the education system, but we can certainly do a lot on Crazy Engineers!

๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    This way, we can teach others on how to work on projects, instead of spoon feeding them! We cannot change the education system, but we can certainly do a lot on Crazy Engineers!

๐Ÿ˜€
    Very well said, Ash. We can do a lot on CrazyEngineers! A community has a power, and an engineers community - well, need I say more? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I agree. . . even though my name does not say so anymore (Due to posts), I still consider my self a newbie. We were all nOObs at one point. And yes, I know, I am still young and learning. And thanks, The_Big_K, for sticking up for me when someone shouted at me for my stupidity. One of the main reasons I joined this forum was to gain engineering information; for I am still in high school. And I am familiar with online forums, so I have no problem with that situation.
    Thanks for showing me where the introduction forum was. I wasn't aware of where it was.
    And with that said, I conclude my statement.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    KENETIC_JOULES
    I agree. . . even though my name does not say so anymore (Due to posts), I still consider my self a newbie. We were all nOObs at one point. And yes, I know, I am still young and learning. And thanks, The_Big_K, for sticking up for me when someone shouted at me for my stupidity. One of the main reasons I joined this forum was to gain engineering information; for I am still in high school. And I am familiar with online forums, so I have no problem with that situation.
    Thanks for showing me where the introduction forum was. I wasn't aware of where it was.
    And with that said, I conclude my statement.
    Haha, you are going to make Biggie blush ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kenetic, by the time you start college, you'll indeed pick up valuable knowledge. In fact, there are many things I pick up from here that I would otherwise not learn from my college at the moment. There so many experts here!
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ash
    Haha, you are going to make Biggie blush ๐Ÿ˜‰

Kenetic, by the time you start college, you'll indeed pick up valuable knowledge. In fact, there are many things I pick up from here that I would otherwise not learn from my college at the moment. There so many experts here!
    I agree with you totally. I'm already learning stuff.
  • BOBBY
    BOBBY
    i just came across this thread.

hope i am doing good!!!
    anyway i will try my best to be a perfect Cean.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    BOBBY
    i just came across this thread.

hope i am doing good!!!
    anyway i will try my best to be a perfect Cean.
    You are doing fine, Bobby. Keep it up! Get involved in as many discussions as you can. Your contributions would be beneficial to others ๐Ÿ˜€
  • moksh
    moksh
    just to reply on the thing
    And the last thing, I have seen many people have joined this forum made just one post that goes " hi I am this this doing this and need project/seminar ideas" and they have been inactive since.
    well as K said they still seeks forums as a source of takeing and only takeing.. most noobs are not familiar with posting they dont even know what posting is....

well to be true im really impressed by the articles here in this forum..

I suggest u can add up some "not so technical stuff" just a quiet readthrough , like a picture forum or a subforum in lounge section ... or any thing else u might come up with like current affair or tech news/products.. ...

what say guys

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello frnds... i m a new member of our CE member i wish to seek ur valuable ideas regarding my project i wish to make a project for KVPY training...
Me and my friend had a major argument on my blog regarding how can India be a super power in technology and innovations. My argument was we should be treated...
I'm sure most of you have noticed a little pop-up asking if you'd be interested in taking a survey on CrazyEngineers. A BIG thank you to all those who took...
HIII folks. i'm saquib. currently persuing my b.tech in electronics & telecommunication from KIIT bhubaneswar. Looking forward to have a good time out here ๐Ÿ˜€
hi i'm a 5th sem electronics & telecomm student. i want to be an intern at the end of my 3rd yr in the field of electronics. can neone show...