Something New Is Coming To CE - What's It? Guess & Win!

Update: The Contest Is Over.​

CEan,

I'm sure all of you must have noticed our teasers. We're sure that the curiosity is already building up everywhere. Everyone's guessing!

Here's a small competition for all of you πŸ‘ . Guess what's coming to CE on February 01 & we'll gift you any book/item of your choice from Flipkart.com worth Rs. 500 (or less πŸ˜€ ).

Update: The first CEan to make the right guess will be declared as the winner.

Following teasers should help you get started!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#-Link-Snipped-#

The winner will be declared on February 01, 2012.

​

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Great. Finally the date is out. πŸ˜›

I see this 'ONLY ON CE', wondering what is it? πŸ‘€

How many guesses are allowed?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You may make any number of guesses in this thread.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Guess #1: Something related to the exams?
  • Viraj Voditel
    Viraj Voditel
    According to my deductions :
    All the pics directly or indirectly relate to the term "absolute zero" (although a thermometer can never show -273.15, it conveys the message)
    So there is a radical change coming, something not done on CE before, absolutely from scratch.
    And since changes have been made to the site in the recent past, it is improbable that changes are in the look and functionality of the site.
    And hence my deduction points to a app/ mobile site for different platforms so that CE can be accessed properly on the go. Maybe work on it has been done from absolutely the zeroth level and from scratch and hence those hints.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PS: Those who're active on Facebook, please help us spread the message. Either click the Facebook like, Google +1 or Tweet button or simply inform your friends through status updates.
  • ankitfranciscan
    ankitfranciscan
    my guess is that CE is trying to incorporate something like seminars and paper presentations..like IEEE(though IEEE is too big!!)...just a thought...since the ads indicate at ABSOLUTE ZERO..
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    Android App.πŸ˜‰
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    Crazy Engineers' T-Shirts with Absolute Zero printed on it. I guess !
  • ankitfranciscan
    ankitfranciscan
    is CE releasing its IPO like Facebook?? ...(just kidding!!)
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Ok, then its time for a guess, I think

From the teasers,

First One, Absolute Zero - OK - The lowest temperature possible, the temperature at which everything including air freezes solid πŸ˜” πŸ˜– Scary. πŸ˜› Hence, you're enhancing or bringing something which will chill us.

Second one, woo..A Vodka add πŸ˜› Perhaps relate to Absolute Zero as well which says "Absolute Perfection"

and third 1-2-12 (Date-Month-Year) , although there is nothing to relate with the date other than it's fancy looking. Hence, in my view it may not relate to any event or anything except it may be something relate to "Joomla" !

"😯 May be Biggie going to freeze us with a Crazy theme! All new CE look, themes, photo Upgrades πŸ˜› All the stuff with awesome absolute perfection!"
  • sookie
    sookie
    New hires in CE?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Tuition services
    Design services
    Trouble shooting
  • sookie
    sookie
    @Big K : Is my guess closer ?
  • gireeshkumar k.s
    gireeshkumar k.s
    chatting option ?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Lots of guesses :
    1. CE may start something that helps students. Like lecture tutorials or materials for students, or Even CE might bring some experienced tech people to answer our queries or question backs or assignment tests.
    2. Layout change. CE might be offering fluid and fixed layout to users.

And will post if got any other πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Unfortunately there are no hints apart from teasers. Random guess is all you can do.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    A TV program? A podcast? A Youtube Channel?? wheeeeeee heeeeeeee πŸ˜›
  • Ahsan Salim
    Ahsan Salim
    Super cool contests?
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Most probably it is related with all new looks and features of CrazyEnginners.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Absolute Zero is A to Z.
    CE may be offering something all inclusive.
  • RVignesh
    RVignesh
    new sister website or forum of ce and new members will be appointed
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Unfortunately there are no hints apart from teasers. Random guess is all you can do.
    Ahh, I just remembered now.
    Anything for the Entrepreneurs?
    You had mentioned in #-Link-Snipped-# thread.
    Another guess would be, the same with the exams and they don't need the fear... Fear is equivalent to hot and no need to fear, which you become cool! Right?
  • ahsan-farhaj
    ahsan-farhaj
    it seems like to be a measurement of knowledge testing and there might be a criteria for testing and inspecting and at that criteria One have to meet.
    as shown the thermometer and mom is teasing her son.
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    Absolutely New Feature in CE Forum. 😁
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    may be some kind of teaching related thing as it shows " failed again your absolute 0" or self teacing stuff
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    1. online test, which will be helpful for exams like gate,cat,gre etc
    2.submiting papers, certified by CE.
    3.CE news.
    4.new appointment in ce.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    I'm still sticking with CE Theme guess, may be we can develop our own theme in CE by picking up from the selected list.

A little ambitious guess, may be we can re-arrange threads based on our own interest πŸ˜›

and I'm not expecting much more than that now. Hence, I hope the surprise will be immense like this. So Surprise us Biggie ... πŸ˜€

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Sada
    Lots of guesses :
    1. CE may start something that helps students. Like lecture tutorials or materials for students, or Even CE might bring some experienced tech people to answer our queries or question backs or assignment tests.
    2. Layout change. CE might be offering fluid and fixed layout to users.

And will post if got any other πŸ˜›
    And one more my guess is
    3. Did CE found it's special recruitment procedure to select candidates for it's business and will start recruiting? πŸ˜›
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    CE Mobile app, CE weekly podcast, cool CE merchandise, New CE, Music video😁 , CE Anthem, Distance learning programs exclusive for CE users, Special discounts on products from Flipkart.comπŸ˜‰πŸ˜›, CE software product! πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘ŽπŸ˜˜πŸŽ‰

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow, we've so many ideas for the new things we *may* introduce on CE in future. Great going, folks! Keep guessing!
  • monizarekar
    monizarekar
    by absolute Zero... I feel CE will try to help personally students.. by going to their colleges or help students from scratch .. or recruiting freshers
  • monizarekar
    monizarekar
    or a new research thread on superconducting stuff or similar project
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    idea#
    5.opening of new CE office
    6. start up of chess tournament.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting comments, everyone. I wonder how are you connecting the teasers to make guesses? What's common among all the teasers?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    idea#
    7.A new forum for quires alone, in order to make CE "absolute zero" error(I mean diminishing negative aspects in CE) .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aarthivg
    7.A new forum for quires alone, in order to make CE "absolute zero" error(I mean diminishing negative aspects in CE) .
    That's very interesting. β˜•
  • vigneshmc
    vigneshmc
    absolute zero cannot be reached according to the law of thermodynamics hence ce is going to do something which is said impossible...may be any do it yourself stuff or a site named crazydoctors...
  • ankitfranciscan
    ankitfranciscan
    An Entrepreneurship Cell??
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    CE Newsletters or Journals ? 😁
  • Abhishek Swain
    Abhishek Swain
    CE Newsletters or Journals ? 😁
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    If it is a teaser, the you are just going to say April Fool to us.😨

Absolute zero does not exist. It is merely reverse-extrapolating the graphs of pressure and temperature where the value of entropy is at its minimum. β˜•

So you are just joking! Is my guess correct? 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Issue: β˜• Are you serious?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    @Issue: β˜• Are you serious?
    Guess it before Feb 1and I will give you Grand Prize of Rs. 1.25/- cash #miser 😁
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    related to exams i guess ...
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    it might be a temperature display wherein you have to key in your city and you get the temperature/weather in your city.. and since its going to be launched in this winter season the pictures display absolute zero.. absolute zero= lowest possible temperature.
    P.S : some regions in India broke a 11 year old record of temperatures recently.. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @zaki: WoW ! 😁 That's a nice guess. How does it relate to second and third teser? 😨
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    @ The_Big_K :
    the second one seems to be a bottle of wine or spirit πŸ˜› ... so people like to drink these in cold days... or like it heats up your body... so it has some relation with temperature...
    and the third one ... i did not realize that to be a teaser πŸ˜›
    all the letters except the "absolute zero" are in red so it means (red (hot-relating temp)) the women's brain is heated up and she yells at the boy saying that he is an absolute zero is because the boy is as chill as an absolute zero and doesn't put any work to his brain.... Its a weird guess guys πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Adding one more to my guesses!

New or separate Technical Discussion Threads for other disciples also πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    CE news letter dedicated to thermodynamics/ Cryogenics.
  • rockchethan
    rockchethan
    Ok..Seeing those teasers my guess is like something helpful for students who are average in studies n als for all ..You are providing interface for MOCK TESTS or SELF EVALUATING tests joining hands with some company..Absolute zero indicates that the online tests will be starting from scratch..And they wud be helpful for dull students..students will knw wer they stand..It wud include subjects of all branches...
    And also i guess u ppl r providing VIDEOS OF LECTURES of famous educators,so that the crazy engineers can understand the concepts well...
    Hoping my guess is right..πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Issue
    If it is a teaser, the you are just going to say April Fool to us.😨
    It's not April 1st, It is February 1st πŸ˜›
  • prajnavantha
    prajnavantha
    Well i see aabsolut Zero in all the adds.
    1-May be something related to improving engineers capacity from the basics with some kind of tutorials or trainings for the absolute beginners.
    2-May be some kind of new app or prizes.
    3-May be it will start somekind of research work which everybody can contribute to.
    4-May be some Absolute new ideas comin up.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sada
    It's not April 1st, It is February 1st πŸ˜›
    Actually biggie is planning to rename the month of February as April πŸ˜‰ This will take effect from Feb 1 err.. April 1 😨 😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Issue, I thought that we were only Crazy. Now you want to make us all fools as well. K's plan seems to be to circumvent CEans becoming extinct in 2012 by deep freezing all @ Absolute Zero.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Some SUPER conductors!
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Crazy Engineers T-shirts.... or something?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now we surely know that you need mock tests, tutorials and personal help 😁 . Such teasers are great way to make people speak their minds, right?

Keep 'em coming, folks! 😁
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    @biggie...scale 1 to 10.
    On what scale you will surprise us? How big is the surprise?
    😐
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    ankitfranciscan
    my guess is that CE is trying to incorporate something like seminars and paper presentations..like IEEE(though IEEE is too big!!)...just a thought...since the ads indicate at ABSOLUTE ZERO..
    superb thinking... i think some professor of your has put 'IEEE' into your head!
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    @The_Big_K: are you freezing CE????πŸ˜‰
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    @zaki: WoW ! 😁 That's a nice guess. How does it relate to second and third teser? 😨
    First Teaser: Absolute Zero is ground state - the lowest energy level.
    Second Teaser. A horizontal Spirit Bottle indicates that the contents are fully in and the spirits (of CEans?) have soared up to wild heights.
    Third Teaser: The mother (K?) brings all down to earth with a thud to the real world of mundane engineering, which is what feeds us ultimately.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    absolute zero spam
    OKay Biggie, its gonna be time, when are you revealing it??? πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    OKay Biggie, its gonna be time, when are you revealing it??? πŸ˜›
    February 01, 2012. It's been mentioned in the third teaser.
  • vinci
    vinci
    well i can guess it would be something adventurous ,that had never happened before in CE,may like a campaign to motivate youngsters but in a different ...absolute zero relates the contest is related to simplicity ,from the very beginning .
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I wish i can take part in this. πŸ˜‰
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    godfather
    I wish i can take part in this. πŸ˜‰
    The only thing that can prevent your taking part is that you are one of the perpetrators!
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Here's a Crazy one:
    Providing an option to either type a comment or post it as a voice reply. So we would have a choice to either read the comment or hear the comment. 😁
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Remembering Big K's words :

Our dream is to turn CE from an online community to an engineering company. While we've discussed this many times; I wish to share an important update in this regard. We've made lot of progress in terms of revenues so that we can hire engineers & sustain their salaries. We're currently busy doing our homework so that we can begin hiring engineers; both part & full time to work on eye-popping projects we've planned. Venture Capital firms and Angel Investors are already approaching us which gives us an extra boost. It turns out that managing a company is a bit more challenging task that we first imagined πŸ˜€.

Within next 3-4 months, we'll begin hiring awesome CEans to create amazing things. Relevant announcements will be made at proper times.

Contests & Activities: New contests will be conducted at a greater frequency because we know that you just love them!

CE Meets: It's so unfortunate that we haven't had a official meet this year. In 2012, let's try to have at least 4-5 official CE meets.

New Partnerships: Quite a few big companies are extending their hands at us for partnerships. It's too early to talk about what's being planned. But it surely is exciting. Stay tuned.

That's just a hint of what's coming on CE over the next few months. We're excited and already sleepless 😁. We promise, we won't let you sleep.

This was posted on 26th Nov 2011. So February will be the third month from November , so i guess CE will be hiring engineers now !
  • ankitfranciscan
    ankitfranciscan
    mreccentric
    superb thinking... i think some professor of your has put 'IEEE' into your head!
    just a thought sir!!..nothing to do with any profs..
  • AM_NAREN
    AM_NAREN
    First of all going to the 3rd teaser,A mother is scolding the kid because of some "Absolute Zero" which could a forum/site related to kids which(Absolute Zero) can keep kids coool/happy (combining Teasers 1 & 2).
    πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ursplfrnd
    This was posted on 26th Nov 2011. So February will be the third month from November , so i guess CE will be hiring engineers now !
    We're already hiring engineers; but no great applications so far.

@nani.sasi2: Looks like you didn't read the instructions well before creating your account πŸ˜”

Forum site for kids? β˜•
  • ahanger ashiq
    ahanger ashiq
    πŸ‘Ž
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    CE is on a revamp! New features to the site, hiring people, announcing new ventures are my guesses. I may be wrong in this. But I am absolutely sure that Big_K is having awesome time reading all those guesses. Biggie I can imagine your guffaws!!!😁
  • Jayakumar.j
    Jayakumar.j
    video related like video conversation ,related videos about our thread
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Mother Scolding Son and his name should be "Kelvin" Absolute Zero was invented by Kelvin. πŸ˜•
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    bioramani
    The only thing that can prevent your taking part is that you are one of the perpetrators!
    Not Fully Sir. *saving myself*
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Waiting eagerly for 1st Feb.........πŸ˜›
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    The_Big_K
    We're already hiring engineers; but no great applications so far.
    Forum site for kids? β˜•
    Ideas!... i have some idea. Please let me know when this happens, i'm interested in joining a team.
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    thanks to all persons here who just made me refresh my engineering tactics after a gap of 4 yrs..

From the 3 indications-
    1. Thermometer at 273.15----Absolute 0 temperature..It is where all molecular activity ceases..might be something is going to end. 2012 ENDING....HE HE

2. Liquior of Absolte 0--- Water freezes at 0Β°C (32Β°F) and the freezing point of ethanol alcohol is -114Β°C (-173.2Β°F).

3. Absolute 0 again..

With all these things ,i can make only 1 guess....ABSOLUTELY NIL..
  • ravi.shankar028
    ravi.shankar028
    "Back to the beginning...". Starting the all new "Crazy Engineers" from the beginning. (Absolute ZERO)
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    ravi.shankar028
    "Back to the beginning...". Starting the all new "Crazy Engineers" from the beginning. (Absolute ZERO)
    😳 😲 πŸ˜–
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ravi.shankar028
    😲 What'd we do to existing CE then?
  • sreedharvenkat
    sreedharvenkat
    making CE more modernised and user friendly further......
  • sreedharvenkat
    sreedharvenkat
    one thing thst struck is it is gonna freeze us by its way which denotes -273...πŸ‘πŸ‘ ...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sreedharvenkat
    making CE more modernised and user friendly further......
    We did that on December 01, 2011.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Something with Title "Absolute Zero" πŸ˜›
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Absolutely it's getting hard to guess what it is. Simply stopped my guessing and just waiting for it πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Wow, this is going to be my first Surprise on CE. 😁
    I can shout right?!
    AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, no one wants to win the prize? πŸ˜•

πŸ‘Ž
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Bigk, you are screwing our brains πŸ˜•

Tons of guesses here, still the answer is not out yet?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Really!?! 😨
    Not a single right guess so far?
    I already thought of which book to order from Flipkart. πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I must say this launch has been the most successful so far πŸ‘ . We're just few hours away from the curtain raising ceremony.

Oh wait, maybe we'll just throw in something more 'revealing' tomorrow? πŸ˜‰
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    pass!?πŸ˜›
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    I must say this launch has been the most successful so far πŸ‘ . We're just few hours away from the curtain raising ceremony.

Oh wait, maybe we'll just throw in something more 'revealing' tomorrow? πŸ˜‰
    I feel like screaming now! πŸ˜›
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    idea#
    8.e-books
    Woah... Just a day more... Eagerly waiting... 😁
  • lal
    lal
    There will be aliens active in CE from February 01 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does it get any better now?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    OMG!
    This thread is going to be longer than the "loooooonnnnng thread" πŸ˜›
    I can't wait anymore for the launch.

Great guessing going on here. 😁
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    @Akd - Can you please help us? *deal* πŸ˜›

Screwing our brains and now nothing left here.
  • lal
    lal
    CE-Labs reloaded?
    A better, functional, interesting CE-labs, that those projects we discuss there actually come in to existence.
    Or the CE BOT πŸ˜’
  • ankitfranciscan
    ankitfranciscan
    maybe its something like this.. startup companies can find freelancers to handle small projects through CE??i mean CE provides a common platform where companies can float there projects and freelancers can bid for these projects??
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Starting something that helps students who come to CE for ready made projects?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sada
    @Akd - Can you please help us? *deal* πŸ˜›

Screwing our brains and now nothing left here.
    😐 ... and I thought our CEans were super-good at guessing!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The teasers speak for themselves.
    I don't think this should be so tough. Last day to guess.

Don't look far. Look close. You will find most answers are very easy.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    😐 ... and I thought our CEans were super-good at guessing!
    ..that you can see all in this thread, you got lot of guesses. But still it looks like the correct guess is not out yet. Absolute Zero 😏
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Assuming that I've read all the posts; we do not have the right guess so far. Not even close! Come on! Imagine your favorite book lying on the shelf and all you need is a right guess to have it in your hands!

We're just a few hours away from the launch. I'll try & add one more teaser (not on the obvious location, obviously πŸ˜‰ ) before the launch.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Hey, You're making me confused.

I thought it could be a enhancement to the site but "Is it a small talk from a scientist related to a thermometer(or from a scientist who had expert-iced concepts based on Second law of thermodynamics.)"

or CE mobile Upgrade i.e., new CE logo for mobile application!

All the three guesses above and now!

What can they could be...😨 Complete the project work soon Biggie.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Holy kaw! The latest teaser is just a conversation between two engineering college students. Not me, anyway! 😁
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The_Big_K
    Holy kaw! The latest teaser is just a conversation between two engineering college students. Not me, anyway! 😁
    Are you bringing any professional tech people to CE, to answer our CEans questions(Like developing a team with senior members and arranging LIVE chat/conference with so that our CEans can ask questions and learn). 😏
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Assuming that I've read all the posts; we do not have the right guess so far. Not even close!
    OMG! What could it be?! Of so many guesses, none is the correct guess? 😨

Any hints Biggie? 😁

PS: Why is everyone guessing of CE upgraded to some new look, it was upgraded just recently.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CE is going to offer help to start ups to build from absolute zero to a fuctioning business.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Any CE Project guide to help the students with good Project topics and so on right from Absolute Zero?

Absolutely not able to connect the 4 teasers πŸ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    I think one of them is our CEan Issue. πŸ˜›
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    AbraKaDabra
    OMG!
    This thread is going to be longer than the "loooooonnnnng thread" πŸ˜›
    I can't wait anymore for the launch.

Great guessing going on here. 😁

In the first post let Biggie place dollars on behalf of rupees then I bet this thread will beat LoooOOOoong in very short time πŸ˜›
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The_Big_K
    Is for true! this is happening. I've a project to finish πŸ˜›

Okay, to relieve our CEans away from strain of guessing. I want to end this and making a NEW GUESS...

CE TIME MACHINE! To roll out all the work performed by our CEans and helping them to enhance their skills further to Absolute Zero(which represent Absolute Perfection. πŸ˜‰)
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Are we starting up a university which avoids books and relies just on practical wisdom? The "zero" students like myself shall gain a lot from it! πŸ˜€ Hoping for a 3 Idiots kind of engineering school!πŸ‘β˜•
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Punch_a_Tantra
    Are we starting up a university which avoids books and relies just on practical wisdom? The "zero" students like myself shall gain a lot from it! πŸ˜€ Hoping for a 3 Idiots kind of engineering school!πŸ‘β˜•
    Yeah, even I thought of CE University / School.
    But I guess, CE Office will come up first. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow! Just Wow! Seriously, I'm amazed!

But none of the guess is even close. Watch out the community for one more teaser (soon).

By the way, the 'help' thing seems to be on the top priority. We should work out something in that area.

I'll drop one more hint for the more enthusiastic CEans. The new thing will make you come back to CE; again and again and again 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    Yeah, even I thought of CE University / School.
    But I guess, CE Office will come up first. πŸ˜€
    CE Office is coming; but we figured out that if we wait a little longer, we'll actually setup a world-class startup office. Plus, if our upcoming features (there are several of them!) make us more successful, we'll start picking up CEans right from our community to directly work with us.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    The new thing will make you come back to CE; again and again and again 😁
    NO, I'll cross the limits of ADDICTION. πŸ˜›
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    CE Office is coming; but we figured out that if we wait a little longer, we'll actually setup a world-class startup office. Plus, if our upcoming features (there are several of them!) make us more successful, we'll start picking up CEans right from our community to directly work with us.
    YES! I see it all over CE. πŸ‘
    Meanwhile, if I finish with some good work (to show my skills) by then and become more technically sound; I'm IN. πŸ˜‰
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok, I have summarised the Guesses here. Hope I have not missed out any.
    Come one CEans, we have to make the right guess by the end of the day. 😐
    Refer to this list and please don't repeat the guesses. Now make new guesses. 😁
    1. Something related to the exams?
    2. app/ mobile site for different platforms
    3. incorporate something like seminars and paper presentations
    4. Android App.
    5. Crazy Engineers' T-Shirts with Absolute Zero printed on it
    6. is CE releasing its IPO like Facebook?? ...(just kidding!!)
    7. enhancing or bringing something which will chill us
    8. it may be something relate to "Joomla" !
    9. All new CE look, themes, photo Upgrades
    10. New hires in CE?
    11. Tuition service Design services Trouble shooting
    12. chatting option ?
    13. Like lecture tutorials or materials for students, or Even CE might bring some experienced tech people to answer our queries or question backs or assignment tests.
    14. Layout change. CE might be offering fluid and fixed layout to users.
    15. A TV program? A podcast? A Youtube Channel??
    16. Super cool contests?
    17. all new looks and features of CrazyEnginners.
    18. Absolute Zero is A to Z. CE may be offering something all inclusive.
    19. new sister website or forum of ce and new members will be appointed
    20. Anything for the Entrepreneurs?
    21. a measurement of knowledge testing and there might be a criteria for testing and inspecting and at that criteria One have to meet.
    22. Absolutely New Feature in CE Forum.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    1. some kind of teaching related thing
    2. 1. online test, which will be helpful for exams like gate,cat,gre etc 2.submiting papers, certified by CE. 3.CE news. 4.new appointment in ce.
    3. we can develop our own theme in CE by picking up from the selected list.
    4. we can re-arrange threads based on our own interest
    5. Did CE found it's special recruitment procedure to select candidates for it's business and will start recruiting?
    6. CE Mobile app, CE weekly podcast, cool CE merchandise, New CE, Music video, CE Anthem, Distance learning programs exclusive for CE users, Special discounts on products from Flipkart.com, CE
    7. CE will try to help personally students.. by going to their colleges or help students from scratch .. or recruiting freshers
    8. a new research thread on superconducting stuff or similar project
    9. 5.opening of new CE office 6. start up of chess tournament.
    10. A new forum for quires alone, in order to make CE "absolute zero" error(I mean diminishing negative aspects in CE) .
    11. may be any do it yourself stuff or a site named crazydoctors
    12. An Entrepreneurship Cell?
    13. CE Newsletters or Journals ?
    14. say April Fool to us. So you are just joking!
    15. related to exams i guess
    16. it might be a temperature display wherein you have to key in your city and you get the temperature/weather in your city
    17. New or separate Technical Discussion Threads for other disciples also
    18. CE news letter dedicated to thermodynamics/ Cryogenics.
    19. something helpful for students who are average in studies n als for all ..You are providing interface for MOCK TESTS or SELF EVALUATING tests joining hands with some company..Absolute zero indicates that the online tests will be starting from scratch..And they wud be helpful for dull students..students will knw wer they stand..It wud include subjects of all branches...
      And also i guess u ppl r providing VIDEOS OF LECTURES of famous educators,so that the crazy engineers can understand the concepts well...
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    1. 1-May be something related to improving engineers capacity from the basics with some kind of tutorials or trainings for the absolute beginners. 2-May be some kind of new app or prizes. 3-May be it will start somekind of research work which everybody can contribute to. 4-May be some Absolute new ideas comin up.
    2. biggie is planning to rename the month of February as April
    3. K's plan seems to be to circumvent CEans becoming extinct in 2012 by deep freezing all @ Absolute Zero.
    4. Some SUPER conductors!
    5. Crazy Engineers T-shirts.... or something?
    6. are you freezing CE???
    7. absolute zero spam
    8. it would be something adventurous ,that had never happened before in CE,may like a campaign to motivate youngsters but in a different ...absolute zero relates the contest is related to simplicity ,from the very beginning .
    9. Providing an option to either type a comment or post it as a voice reply. So we would have a choice to either read the comment or hear the comment.
    10. i guess CE will be hiring engineers now !
    11. a forum/site related to kids which(Absolute Zero) can keep kids coool/happy
    12. CE is on a revamp! New features to the site, hiring people, announcing new ventures are my guesses.
    13. video related like video conversation ,related videos about our thread
    14. i can make only 1 guess....ABSOLUTELY NIL..
    15. Starting the all new "Crazy Engineers" from the beginning. (Absolute ZERO)
    16. making CE more modernised and user friendly further..
    17. it is gonna freeze us by its way which denotes -273
    18. e-books
    19. There will be aliens active in CE from February 01
    20. CE-Labs reloaded?
    21. A better, functional, interesting CE-labs, that those projects we discuss there actually come in to existence.
    22. Or the CE BOT
    23. startup companies can find freelancers to handle small projects through CE??i mean CE provides a common platform where companies can float there projects and freelancers can bid for these projects??
    24. Starting something that helps students who come to CE for ready made projects?
    25. CE mobile Upgrade i.e., new CE logo for mobile application!
    26. a enhancement to the site
    27. Is it a small talk from a scientist related to a thermometer(or from a scientist who had expert-iced concepts based on Second law of thermodynamics.)
    28. Are you bringing any professional tech people to CE, to answer our CEans questions(Like developing a team with senior members and arranging LIVE chat/conference with so that our CEans can ask questions and learn).
    29. CE is going to offer help to start ups to build from absolute zero to a fuctioning business.
    30. Any CE Project guide to help the students with good Project topics and so on right from Absolute Zero?
    31. CE TIME MACHINE! To roll out all the work performed by our CEans and helping them to enhance their skills further to Absolute Zero(which represent Absolute Perfection.)
  • ankitfranciscan
    ankitfranciscan
    ok...it came to my mind just now...absolute zero used to be a game for DOS...is there any relation??
  • AviatorAUTOBOT
    AviatorAUTOBOT
    Is it some CE event???
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Is it some awesome CE Software product? I really hope it is. Can't wait for it to be out. Please kill the silence soon!
  • lal
    lal
    Yeah got it..!!
    Its the newest trick of Biggie to make crazy engineers think and make their grey cells better.. 😁
    *kidding*

I know there is a big surprise hiding πŸ˜›
    Start the count down, after all the date is out! 9 more hours and its February 1 in India.
    I start with 10
  • AviatorAUTOBOT
    AviatorAUTOBOT
    This is really tough! Bt, ABSOLUTE ZERO can b some mvie / documntry...or sme online game "that makes us cme to CE again nd again"! Some stuff like Farmville ,or GoJiyo.com...! Cnt go beyond this!
  • AviatorAUTOBOT
    AviatorAUTOBOT
    Hey, wuld it launch at midnite 12 ?? Or just normlly 2mrw morning???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The launch will likely not be at the midnight. But sometime around late morning or just after the noon.
  • lal
    lal
    Alright, count down reset to 20 πŸ˜‰
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    My last guess: CE funding some entrepreneurs!!!
    Can't wait!πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shreyas Sule
    My last guess: CE funding some entrepreneurs!!!
    Can't wait!πŸ‘
    😨 We don't have that cash. If we had, we'd simply invest it in growing CE! 😁
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    The_Big_K
    😨 We don't have that cash. If we had, we'd simply invest it in growing CE! 😁
    Well...Atleast we know that this wont be the surprise!!! One down! Long way to go!!!πŸ˜‰
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Hey Got it, now the only thing remaining here to guess is CE Conference, all new look CE conference. Yes. Since, it's given it zeroth importance here in CE, Biggie might be calling it Absolute Zero, it might be CE conference again to make CE perfect with everything. Hence, my another and final guess is CE Conference. πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok, what is CE conference about?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE Conference is a real time chat box that was an integral part of CE Forums for a long time. But it was removed after we realized that most of the time was spent in casual talks than some serious discussions.

PS: CE Conference isn't coming. Sorry πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok. So two down now! 😁

What about the final teaser?
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    The_Big_K
    PS: CE Conference isn't coming. Sorry πŸ˜€
    πŸ˜” It's Okay πŸ˜›

Okay taking back my guess, πŸ˜› Now, This is the last one. The things which will make me to switch on my computer again and again was MY Book and Games.

So Are you going to add any php material for Online CE gaming stuff! If it is I'll add this one to my guesses.

This is surely my final guess.

CE Gaming i.e., chess puzzles etc (online or offline πŸ˜€ )

or CE site working offline like rajinikanth's site β˜•
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    OMG! Lots of posts πŸ˜’

Finally looking for the final hint.
  • I_am_Kunal :)
    I_am_Kunal :)
    The_Big_K
    I'll drop one more hint for the more enthusiastic CEans. The new thing will make you come back to CE; again and again and again 😁
    Most of the CEans must be on CE while they are online. So something that will make them come back to CE could be something that operates when you are offline ? Perhaps a mobile app which gives instant alerts ?
    That way CEans will know in Absolute Zero time that they are remembered on CE.
    Dunno , maybe others have already guessed this and doesn't seem to fit. I didn't see all the previous guesses so sorry if this is already been discussed. πŸ˜”
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Kunal, you can see all the guesses #-Link-Snipped-#.

I don't see CE going offline. I hope that is not the surprise. πŸ˜”
  • Jyothi Jo
    Jyothi Jo
    It's a big stuff and time consuming to search my subject realted topics. I want new forum for ELECTRONIC AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING in technical discussions.πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Jyothi Jo
    It's a big stuff and time consuming to search my subject realted topics. I want new forum for ELECTRONIC AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING in technical discussions.πŸ˜”
    It's just a part of Electronics engineering, right? We can plan a sub-section if you want.
  • Jyothi Jo
    Jyothi Jo
    The_Big_K
    It's just a part of Electronics engineering, right? We can plan a sub-section if you want.
    Please sir, its pleasure if we have
  • 07max
    07max
    Mobile application- free of charge.
    Most of the CEans must be on CE while they are online. So something that will make them come back to CE could be something that operates when you are offline ? Perhaps a mobile app which gives instant alerts ?
    That way CEans will know in Absolute Zero time that they are remembered on CE.
    Dunno , maybe others have already guessed this and doesn't seem to fit. I didn't see all the previous guesses so sorry if this is already been discussed. πŸ˜”
    Dancer_Engineer
    Kunal, you can see all the guesses #-Link-Snipped-#.

I don't see CE going offline. I hope that is not the surprise. πŸ˜”
    I didn't mean CE would go offline , I mean something that would alert users while they are offline . : ) . And for that a mobile alert system.
  • 07max
    07max
    A mobile application- free of charge
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    any one of these ?πŸ˜›πŸ˜’πŸ˜

Active projects

#-Link-Snipped-#(NEW!)- A messaging client. Status: Learning developer tools

#-Link-Snipped-# (NEW!) -An awesome firefox plugin powered by CE. Status: Active discussions

#-Link-Snipped-# (NEW!) - A modification of an existing distro, for engineering purposes. Status: Initial discussions

#-Link-Snipped-# - Engineering sustainable and environmental way of life Status: Active discussions

#-Link-Snipped-# - Semi autonomous rover, collects data. Status: On temporary hold

Passive projects

#-Link-Snipped-#- A special type of alarm clock to silently wake people up! πŸ˜€ Status: Closed
    #-Link-Snipped-#- A robotic mechanism to assist humans in their daily activities Status: Stagnant

#-Link-Snipped-#- Guide for new CEans πŸ˜€ Status: Stagnant
    #-Link-Snipped-# - The one and only template you'll ever need Status: Some discussions

#-Link-Snipped-#- A cheap but effective means to move heavy loads, useful for developing countries Status: Stagnant

#-Link-Snipped-# - Worlds Widest Web Page! Status: Stagnant

#-Link-Snipped-# (OLD PROJECT)- We managed to have good progress in this one! Click #-Link-Snipped-# for the code. Status: Stagnant, but 1st version is complete

Non technical projects

#-Link-Snipped-#- Our very own engineering song! Click to contribute lyrics and tunes πŸ˜€ Progress: Compiling music!

Still in the works

CE Toolbar. I think we had a discussion on this in relation with the CE Plugin.

CE Browser. Big K has mentioned this once.. which I think follows naturally if we manage to successfully complete the above projects.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • lal
    lal
    This page has now fetched a lot of amazing ideas that can actually be implemented for a better CE.

Now this is my final
    A real time 'design platform' which essentially contains all the necessery tools required for any engineer to work on projects individually and in groups so that they can communicate and share ideas effectively and give rise to designs that could just be dreamt of, otherwise.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just wait for a few more minutes ( or check back after some time ). I'll post something somewhere πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright. How's it now? We're just a few hours away from the launch. Expect a go live sometime between 10 AM - 12:30 PM IST.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    Alright. How's it now? We're just a few hours away from the launch. Expect a go live sometime between 10 AM - 12:30 PM IST.
    Final hint out?
    There is a new forum visible . Title 'absolute zero'. It is empty as of now. Dunno what it means. Plus it is in lounge section.

But the 500 Bucks question is - What will it be about ?

Sites like Physicsforums have forums in which one can play games such as chess. Each player can open a thread and in that thread there is a chess game(ex:- #-Link-Snipped-#) I guess it could be something like that. As it is in lounge section it can't be something seriously academic. Plus a live ongoing game is something that will make people come back to CE again and again.

Or perhaps there could be science related quizzes in this forum on a regular basis.

πŸ˜•
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I think I'm going to miss the launch. πŸ˜”
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Hey A New Absolute Zero thread in which topics may relate to Politics. πŸ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The time of the launch has not been declared yet.
    Just an hour more!!! Woah!!! πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Quoting myself for the clarification on time.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Hey, we're going to have an empty thread just Area 51 which was there in the past.

So Absolute Zero is a thread which contains nothing. πŸ˜›

and one more thing...

We're going to experience a surprise Interview πŸ˜› 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, declaring that the contest is officially OVER!​
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The final announcement is awesome! πŸ‘

Countdown: 13mins 40 secs to go. 😁

Glad I'm present for the launch.
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    I am also present. πŸ˜›
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Anyone taking attendance here? πŸ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    10 minutes. πŸ‘€

😁 Excitement is paramount! 😁
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    @Sada, you take the attendance. 😁

I was supposed to go to Thane this morning, gladly it got postponed. πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    8mins TO GO
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Akd takes attendance. She loves taking screenshots 😁
    Countdown gives more tension, please don't πŸ˜›
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    CEans, join in.

The final countdown.

6mins, 25secs 😁
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Sada
    Akd takes attendance. She loves taking screenshots 😁
    Countdown gives more tension, please don't πŸ˜›
    I love Countdowns. πŸ˜›
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    3MINS
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    2MINS 😁
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    59secs 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The INTRODUCTION is LIVE!
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Humor 😁 Awesome 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    😁

And it is live finally -

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Where's ET! πŸ˜› His eyes would have lit up after seeing this announcement.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    **CLAPS**CLAPS** 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I HAVE DOWNLOADED IDM (INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER) TRAIL VERSION,IT IS EXPIRED NOW.EVEN IF I AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD OTHER DOWNLOADER MANAGERS I AM NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD, SO I AM...
Name: ASHISH SHARMA *Engineering Trade: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Location: JODHPUR *Occupation: STUDENT Work Experience: FRESHER *Hobbies & Interests: DESIGNING IN 3D CAD S/W LIKE CREOELEMENTS, CATIA AND AUTOCAD, PLAYING CHESS, LISTENING...
Name: - ASHISH CHAUHAN Engineering Trade:AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING Occupation:STUDENT Hobbies & Interests: EVERYTHING ABOUT AUTOMOBILE, NEW CARS, CRICKET & MUSIC I joined CrazyEngineers because:A GOOD PLATFORM TO LEARN ABOUT CRAZIEST ENGINEERING...
Steps​ 1​​Upgrade to a free-flow aftermarket air filter Buy a free-flow air filter that fits your car. Open hood. Locate the air filter housing. (Look for the long pipe-like thing...
I've often wondered how is fire safety exercised in super tall structures and skyscrapers. One obvious method is to install fire or smoke sensors connected to sprinklers. However, that'd just...