Someone's gotta solve this 'startup hiring' problem!

Having read numerous interviews - one thing emerges as a 'fact' - hiring great talent for a startup company is a big problem! And someone's gotta solve this problem for once. It looks like every startup company that's setting out to change the world finds it extremely difficult to find the right talent to take up a leadership role and get the things done.

The major challenge:

It appears that the bigger part of the problem lies on hiring the technical talent than non-technical. That is, most of the startup teams I've spoken with have said that they found it incredibly hard to find engineers who can deliver.

How do you think this problem can be solved?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I believe more than technical start ups needs resource who can take responsibility of their task and be proactive. Often I see, outspoken people are misjudged as being proactive.
    Biggest risk for start ups is , resources will learn and leave the company after some time.
    One more thing, start-up are not very experienced with hiring right resource. Even large organizations fails to hire right employees but they can afford to have them for time being. While loosing right guys and choosing wrong one is unaffordable.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The major challenge:
    It appears that the bigger part of the problem lies on hiring the technical talent than non-technical. That is, most of the startup teams I've spoken with have said that they found it incredibly hard to find engineers who can deliver.

How do you think this problem can be solved?
    I was talking to one of my friend (I say him friend though he is 45+) who is a seasonal entrepreneur... he said the best way to do the technical hiring for start-up is go to colleges and look for the flunked-up guyz, interview them on logical and stress buster and things you actually require for your employee and probably 5 out of 100 times you can find them, and find them right. He told me that though it is a tiring job to get creamy layer out of flunked or failed folks, but it pays many a time.

There is always a group who are not good in all the things and fails in few subject but are superior in tech stuff. entrepreneurs can target those folks... 😀

Seems very crazy and absurd, right? But do consider that it is not necessary that always a traditional way will pay off.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Medtronic - a leader in medical devices has announced that they've successfully implanted world's smallest cardiac pacemaker without surgery in a patient from Austria. The pacemaker ensures that the heart...
I have capacitor bank that charge to 300volts, and I’would like to make a cut off switch for it reaches its max charges. My plan was to make a 12...
DSK Motowheels have launched in India a new special edition superbike called the Hyosung GT250 R LE. Hyosung's tag line - "Made in Korea, Ridden by the world" is evident...
I remember my friends and I were on a short-range bike trip during our college days and one of the smarter asses among us thought it was an incredible idea...
Datawind, the popular Aakash tablet & UbiSlate manufacturer in India, is here with a brand new category of launch. Yes, entering the low-budget smartphone segment in the country, Datawind has...