Solution to Steering Problem

Hi all

I am building myself a remote controlled car with a lawnmower engine, and am currently having some difficulty in designing a steering mechanism, hoping all you guys could help.

What I have is a window wiper motor to operate the steering system and a servo, now I just need to design a system as basic as possible (hopefully just using switches, levers and wire).

What Im hoping to achieve is basically a variable steering system, i.e. you push the stick on the remote control half way and the motor turns the wheel in half the turning circle, push the stick all the way and the motor turns the wheel to the complete turning circle.

As I said, Im hoping to achieve this with as simple a solution as possible, i.e. with push-release switches, normal switches and wire.

If there are better ways of doing this please let me know as well.

If anyone can help me or give me ideas it would be much appreciated.
Thank You

Replies

• vaitheeswaran
    vaitheeswaran
    I think ackermann's steering mechanism will help you in variable steering system

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all, i would like to know what type of pump i may use to supply paint (water-based) onto a roller; it is like an overhead discharge system where a...
Hey CEs ! I'm Prashanth from Chennai. ( call me pechu 😉 ) Doing Final year in I.T. in Chennai. I have interest in Web development, Web designing and Gaming....
I am a final year engineering student.I have decided to do my academic project on information assurance taking e-land registration as business process model.I am in search of ideas to...
Hi anyone, I am sorry about my first posts is "Advertisements". Thanks for you remind.
[FONT=宋体]I bought a battery as below :[/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体][/FONT][FONT=宋体]12 Cell HP Pavilion DV2000 DV6000 Battery 8800mAh[/FONT][FONT=宋体]It's the same models,but are with diffirent price.what's the difference?how we can recognize the good&bad battery?[/FONT]