Solar Powered Bike Project

HI everyone..!
i am going to do solar byk as my major project..i had purchased an electrical byk and i will charge the batteries using solar panels.but this is already done by some person..so,anyone give me some innovative variety thought so that i can place it my project inorder to make some new invention rather than doing an already existing one..

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are a lot of bike ideas here. However, if you have chosen a solar bike as the project, you cannot do much other than charging the power pack with solar PV panels.
  • chaitu203
    chaitu203
    bioramani
    There are a lot of bike ideas here. However, if you have chosen a solar bike as the project, you cannot do much other than charging the power pack with solar PV panels.
    where i can find ideas regarding bike project here?????
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Since you have already bought an electric scooter, you should now be fixed with the project you are going to do. you need to think about what you are going to do.

One thing i can suggest you is, try make it more power efficient. You need to think how to make it power efficient.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    How to build a solar powered bike – ecoKoncepts
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • chaitu203
    chaitu203
    mreccentric
    Since you have already bought an electric scooter, you should now be fixed with the project you are going to do. you need to think about what you are going to do.

One thing i can suggest you is, try make it more power efficient. You need to think how to make it power efficient.
    what i am looking is i should fit the solar panels in such a way that they should receive maximum sun rays..my partner is saying that if we connect the panels just like an umbrella to the bike we can get full amount of solar energy but this is already done by earlier persons..i should fit them in such a way that they should not appear at outside they should be internally fitted..so help me in this aspect plz....
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    chaitu203
    what i am looking is i should fit the solar panels in such a way that they should receive maximum sun rays..my partner is saying that if we connect the panels just like an umbrella to the bike we can get full amount of solar energy but this is already done by earlier persons..i should fit them in such a way that they should not appear at outside they should be internally fitted..so help me in this aspect plz....
    to make it more effective, there are some projects which you can search on internet, the solar panel automatically aligns to the direction of sun. One of my class mate had done this for his Diploma Project. You can google. But, that depends on how much budget you want to spend.
    What type of bike are you using? Can you post the picture? How would it be if you completely construct its body with solar panel?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    chaitu203
    .i should fit them in such a way that they should not appear at outside they should be internally fitted..so help me in this aspect plz....
    Naaku ardhankavatam ledhu. I do not understand.

How can solar panels be internally fitted?
    The whole idea is that they should collect maximum sunlight, which implies that during daylight hours they must be oriented within +/- 30 degrees of the sun's rays. You have to explain a bit what is your concept of internally fitted panels. The other option is to use a stationary solar charger for charging the battery of the bike. You can use two batteries. One is being charged, while the other is being used.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    bioramani
    Naaku ardhankavatam ledhu. I do not understand.
    The other option is to use a stationary solar charger for charging the battery of the bike. You can use two batteries. One is being charged, while the other is being used.
    Neither did i understand that.
    But, why two batties, we can do both charge and discharge with the same. In fact, will not being used, the battery gets charged. In running case, that chargeable current will will be used.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    mreccentric
    Neither did i understand that.
    But, why two batties, we can do both charge and discharge with the same. In fact, will not being used, the battery gets charged. In running case, that chargeable current will will be used.
    Two batteries because @#-Link-Snipped-# does not want to copy existing designs, where the panels are on board the bike. If we consider the stationary panel option, the second battery will be needed. The charged battery is on the bike, the other is on the panel being charged.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    yes, that requires manual change of battery every time the other battery gets completely discharged.

But, #-Link-Snipped-# needs to answer what type of bike he has bought. Will be good if he posts a picture of it/product name and model of the bike. I'm also not sure whether he meant a bike(bicycle) or scooter. If he needs to add motors to an ordinary bike, then he will have to further use a throttling switch. That makes bit more complicated. We will have to wait till he replies.
  • chaitu203
    chaitu203
    sir there are few things to say..
    1)i had purchased an electrical bike(scooter) some will call it as yash bike also but not bicycle.
    2)very soon i will upload the pic of my scooter
    3)there is an battery pack consists of 4 lead acid batteries under the seat cover at the center of bike by charging it for 5 hours nearly 35+km mileage will be obtained and now i wanna place the panels along the side of battery pack in such a direction that they should receive max sun rays and upon that i will fix the bike side cover so that they cannot be directly viewed by the outside person..one should be amazed by seeing the panels inside..is this a foolish thought???
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    chaitu203
    now i wanna place the panels along the side of battery pack in such a direction that they should receive max sun rays and upon that i will fix the bike side cover so that they cannot be directly viewed by the outside person..one should be amazed by seeing the panels inside..is this a foolish thought???
    If nobody can see the panels, the Sun also cannot see it. How then will the batteries be charged. You can get a peak wattage of about 100W/sq.mtr. What is the Amp.hr. capacity of the bike's batteries. That will be the basis for the area of panel required.
  • chaitu203
    chaitu203
    bioramani
    If nobody can see the panels, the Sun also cannot see it. How then will the batteries be charged. You can get a peak wattage of about 100W/sq.mtr. What is the Amp.hr. capacity of the bike's batteries. That will be the basis for the area of panel required.
    sir i will place a transparent cover or something like that for the passage of sun rays onto the panels..my batteries is of 12v, 20Ah capactity..
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    at what rate are you charging the batteries? I mean, at what rate is it getting charged now, through mains supply. Another thing, it all depends on what sun panel you are using. Can you give the specs of the panel too? Because i have one in my home, which we used long ago for solar lights. That can just glow some LEDs, i mean the charging current is just that much. But, through out the day it would charge the battery to a good extent. So, it also depends on what panel you are using.

yes, as #-Link-Snipped-# sir said, if it can give 100W/Sq. m. It can charge the batteries in 3x4 = 12 hours. So, be sure about what size of panel you are buying.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    chaitu203
    sir i will place a transparent cover or something like that for the passage of sun rays onto the panels..my batteries is of 12v, 20Ah capactity..
    As I mentioned before the sun's rays must hit the panel nearly at right angles (+/- 30 degrees) for getting enough power from the panel, which means nearly horizontal in South Indian latitudes. It is difficult to hide a horizontal panel of large area.
  • chaitu203
    chaitu203
    bioramani
    As I mentioned before the sun's rays must hit the panel nearly at right angles (+/- 30 degrees) for getting enough power from the panel, which means nearly horizontal in South Indian latitudes. It is difficult to hide a horizontal panel of large area.
    sir should i insert any concepts of microcontroller for the automatic direction of panels along the direction of sun rays...i heard that with the help of microcontrollers there can be change in the direction just like sunflower...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Almost 87% sun's energy can be trapped up to +/- 30 degrees of normal incidence. It is a waste of money to make an automated tracking system, especially on a bicycle that is twisting and turning. Have a manually adjustable system.
  • chaitu203
    chaitu203
    bioramani
    Almost 87% sun's energy can be trapped up to =/- 30 of normal incidence. It is a waste of money to make an automated tracking system, especially on a bicycle that is twisting and turning. Have a manually adjustable system.
    manually adjustable system incorporates which kinds of parts???or how should i make manually adjustable system???
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    Manual Adjustment system will just require an hinges like setup. Those which you see in doors. Or is there any other way? Wait...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hinges are the best. But I still am not sure if 87% exposure is possible when a rider sits on the seat and the panels are attached to the seat using hinges
  • chaitu203
    chaitu203
    Conqueror
    Hinges are the best. But I still am not sure if 87% exposure is possible when a rider sits on the seat and the panels are attached to the seat using hinges
    hinges are metal items those are used by for the flexible motion of the doors...am i correct???
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    mreccentric
    Manual Adjustment system will just require an hinges like setup. Those which you see in doors. Or is there any other way? Wait...
    Why not? Something simple. In any case, the sun moves only 15 degrees an hour. So one need to adjust only twice a day perhaps. Maximum four times.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    yes, simple and doable
    #-Link-Snipped-#, find some hinges that are easy to rotate and firm when you make it stand.
  • VIPUL THAKUR
    VIPUL THAKUR
    hey i m also going to make this project...bt still i needs some new innvative things in it..what we can place something new in this cycle??any #-Link-Snipped-# sir

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello buddies . here is one more interesting scientific invention . georgia tech has invented new p-n junctions using graphene. i request you people to go through the article in...
Samsung's keeping the Galaxy Note II users happy with a new firmware upgrade 4.1.2. While you may not expect anything apart from stability updates, 4.1.2 actually brings lot of goodies...
Hi guys, i just wanted to know if anyone is applying to this new dual degree program. i am very much keen on it since it is based in Noida...
The official website of the annual TIE Conference at Nagpur (TiECon 2013) is yet to go live, but from what I've been hearing is that the conference is scheduled in...
13,19=>4 ....... 71,9=>10 then 128,32=>? .