Solar Power Satellites

hey ppl,😀
does any1 have any knowledge on SOLAR POWER SATELLITES.....😕
If yes pl post it.

Replies

• TheBugInYou
    TheBugInYou
    Yes Yes....

Even mars rover is powered by Sun. Not only that. Most of the satellites are powered by sun only. haven't you ever noticed the wings of a satellite.

Heres For You....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK ????????????
  • kickkay87
    kickkay87
    thanx a lot ya...........😁
    but actually i wanted 2 know about SOLAR POWER SATELLITES which use solar energy,,,,,transmit it 2 centers on earth by some radiowaves and directly converts it 2 electricity............
  • paresh22_11
    paresh22_11
    I would like to inform u that , every sat is a solar powered sat. U can take any of brodcasting sat like INSAT 3c,etc. The large amount of power for sat is generated by using solar power. So there is not any special kind of solar satelite.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    kickkay87
    thanx a lot ya...........😁
    but actually i wanted 2 know about SOLAR POWER SATELLITES which use solar energy,,,,,transmit it 2 centers on earth by some radiowaves and directly converts it 2 electricity............
    No this kind of system still does not exist. The max power that can be transmitted as radio waves is just information. If you know Volts and Current and Power, you will understand radio waves is in milivolts or microvolts and very very minute current.

Research is still ongoing for this kind of design but not related to outer space satellites. Its known as "Wireless charging" and is possible only with small distances.
  • TheBugInYou
    TheBugInYou
    #-Link-Snipped-# was RIGHT
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    A solar power satellite, or SPS or Powersat, as originally proposed would be a Satellite - Wikipedia built in High Earth orbit - Wikipedia that uses Wireless power transfer - Wikipedia to beam Solar energy - Wikipedia to a very large Antenna (radio) - Wikipedia on Earth. Advantages of placing the Solar collector - Wikipedia in space include the unobstructed view of the Sun - Wikipedia, unaffected by the day/night cycle, weather, or seasonsSpace-based solar power - Wikipedia. It is a Renewable energy - Wikipedia source, Zero emission - Wikipedia, and only generates waste as a product of manufacture and maintenance. However, the costs of construction are very high, and SPS will not be able to compete with conventional sources (at current Energy price - Wikipedia) unless at least one of the following conditions is met:
    • Low launch costs can be achieved
    • A space-based manufacturing industry develops that is capable of building solar power satellites in Orbit - Wikipedia, using off-Earth materials
  • donex
    donex
    Yeah, solar power satellite is very good invention because in the outer space, it's so hot there, only sun will be there and the heat of the sun is the one who runs the solar satellite. Very advantage in the part of the creator. So nice!

• ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Nice post. thanks
    Any one can give the construction details of satellite..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey, i m final year student of civil engineering.i want to ask you friends that have u any knowledge of shear strength of break.As the bricks are used in load...
If I have a 72 inch propeller I want to use to vertically lift something, how do I determine how many rpms I need to achieve each pound of thrust....
hello friends , i would like to know about the universities offering m.tech biotech around the globe and requirements to join those respective colleges ..if any one knows any info...
CEans, A group of engineering dudes & dudettes from NIT Suratkal have put up this video on YouTube. This video will make you smile, I bet! Check this out -...
Want help on ur project. Just post ur query. I will try my best in solving it.