Solar Farms in India - List, Cost And Potential : Discussion

So, today morning I was reading about Apple's new data center in North Carolina and saw the majority of tech blogs discussing the huge 100 acres of area it covers and how it aims to put out 20 megawatts, which by the way is only 60 percent of the center's expected draw. And then I started searching about Solar Farms in India. How about we at CE make a list of all the major Solar Farms in India and discuss the cost of their installation and the potential they have as a sustainable power source and a solution to the power problems prevalent in this country.

So, I will start with the list, first.

1. Sakri Photovoltaic solar energy project (Under construction) : 150 MW solar photovoltaic power plant. The project is developed by Mahagenco in Shivajinagar in Sakri taluka of Dhule district in Maharashtra, India. It is expected to cost about Rs. 1987 crore and become operational in 2012.

2. Bitta Solar Power Plant (Under Construction) : 40 MW solar power plant located in Bitta village, Gujarat. Total area of 350 acres. With over 400,000 panels area of amorphous silicon thin-film photovoltaic technology. Each panel is rated 100 or 95 Wp. Cost was approximately Rs 400 crore.

3. Dhirubhai Ambani Solar Park at Dhoodsar village near Pokhranin the Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan is one of a large number of solar parks expected to be built in a 35,000 km2 area of the Thar Desert that has been reserved for solar power projects.
A 100 MW solar thermal project at the same location is expected to be completed by May 2013

4. The largest site within the Gujarat Solar Park is being built on a 2,000 ha plot of land near Charanka village in Patan district, northern Gujarat. This hosts about 17 different projects by different developers. On 19th April 2012, 214 MW had been commissioned. When fully built out, the Charanka Solar Park will host 500 MW of solar power systems using state-of-the-art thin film technology, and should be finished by the end of 2014

-- I am also reading that a lot of U.S. Companies are looking forward to investing in Solar Power Plants in India and some have already begun work. Can someone here list down more projects?

Replies

• arunchary
    arunchary
    why the people are not thinking about farmers, they required this kind of renewable energy source for generate food.so iam thinking ,we need to offer a technology for them to implement in lesser coast.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    nice information sir...which is shared to us,to know where the solar plants are implimented...
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    GMR is launching a very high power supply in coming days.in google map show the implementing are of solar energy across tamilnadu and karnataka border..
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    BANGALORE: GMR Group plans to invest Rs 1,750 crore over three years to take its #-Link-Snipped-# generation capacity, mainly solar, to 200 mw by 2014-15.
    The company, part of the Bangalore-based infrastructure major GMR Group, said its 25 MW #-Link-Snipped-# project in Gujarat is expected to be commissioned next month. It is looking to raise the renewable energy capacity to 200 mw at an estimated investment of Rs 1,750 crore in three years,
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the prime difficulty in implementing this is simple lack of education and awareness

in rural world people tend to be naturalistic and resist change to a great extent this hampers all the efforts taken to the up liftment of the people there
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    but we will educate them in basic operation manner ......i think sooo..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    arunchary
    but we will educate them in basic operation manner ......i think sooo..
    yeah visiting over a million village and telling them this is fine and good

wow an awesome idea friend

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    \
    Conqueror
    yeah visiting over a million village and telling them this is fine and good

wow an awesome idea friend

Lol, well, I think gathering of village representatives would be a start, region by region. Use the same election propaganda machinery, but this time spread something useful 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So we've a new standard in wireless communications from Intel, called WiGig. The new standard, to be certified in 2013 will offer speeds up to 7 Gbps - just enough...
sir i'm an cse student and i wish to be in automobile field as it is my favourite field whether there is any problem in entering the automobile field
Ankit Fadia's website has been hacked and it looks like the hacker's making fun of Mr. Fadia. Check this out: https://www.crazyengineers.com/ankit-fadias-website-ankitfadia-in-gets-hacked-5015/
With the growing popularity of gadgets with display screens, the importance of screen protectors ( aka scratch guards ) is improving too. If you do not have a damaged or...
HOW TO READ BAR CODES.(everyone must know) ALWAYS READ THE LABELS ON THE FOODS YOU BUY--NO MATTER WHAT THE FRONT OF THE BOX OR PACKAGE SAYS, TURN IT OVER AND...