Software tester vs developer - which of these has better job security?

I'm a fresher completed B.E(ECE-2018). I'm willing to build my career as a Software Tester or Developer by undergoing training. I am quite confused to choose the right field as I'm not well versed with coding.And which of these has the better job security?

Replies

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

#-Link-Snipped-#  This has been discussed before and lot of information is available in the following thread.

Career In Software Testing Vs. Software Development

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Frankly speaking, it's too early for you to make choice of career based on perceptions about job security. In my opinion, your first priority should be to get the job - that you'd like to do. 

Job security is a myth. That doesn't sound nice; but that's the reality. The job markets are getting more unstable than ever and the trend ain't reversing in coming years. 

Companies would get rid of low performing employees in favour of the new ones; and the existing employees have to fight automation as well. 

The only way to guarantee a stable career is to keep upgrading your skills set while keeping them relevant to the job. Whether you get into software testing or software development - you'll have to keep upgrading your skills-set that match your role and responsibilities. 

Unfortunately, even those who are currently employed do not realise this. Trust me, automation saves a TON of money for the company and the companies have to please their shareholders. 

If you wish to make a good choice - spend some time searching on the Internet about what kind of job is done by software testers and software developers. Find out which one you think is more interesting and appealing. Then concentrate all your efforts on getting into that career path. You'll be much more successful and won't have to worry about job security.

PS: You certainly didn't expect this answer. However, I decided to speak the truth instead of giving you false impressions about job markets and career paths. 

• Shubhaprada
    Shubhaprada

Thank you for the valuable suggestions sir.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am searching for a perfect name for one day workshop on computer science.  The name should be technical and classy.
I have got rank 3800 in ccat can i still get sunbeam acts aur iacsd pune for dac course bte i have got infoway pune in my first counselling on...
Am Alexander from Nigeria,who love research and innovations 
Can I take part in student exchange program if I study in any other college then IIT or NIT