Software Required

Dear Experts,
What are the softwares required for the following exercises...

1. Develop a Simple Web Site with following Features
* Drop down menus
* Hotspot Links
* CSS
2. Develop a simple AJAX applications
3. Design a Web application in ASP to demonstrate the following using IIS server
* Session and Cookie management
* Server side Includes
4. Design a Web application in JSP to demonstrate the following using tomcat server
* Include and Forward
* Use Bean Tag
5. Create a Custom Tag Library and use the Tags in JSP pages.
6. Create XML Document to store catalog of books and validate using DTD and
Schema.
7. Develop a student information system to insert, update, delete and search
information using DOM and SAX
8. Develop an application to display catalog information in tabular format using XSLT
9. Develop a Simple Web Service using JAX-RPC
10 . Develop a Simple Web Service using .NET
11. Implement Web Service Interoperability

I am an lab instutor...so if u guide me...i will prepare ....
Advance Thanks...
Rengaraj

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Rengaraj:

You can develop a simple website using PHP, MySQL and for the specific technologies, you'll need software available on the respective official websites. For example, for .Net you'll have to get it from .net download site. If you wish to setup a local server, get WAMP or XAMPP software.
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    Sir,
    In the simple website.
    Its the first excersise. The students have not learnt Database subject.
    So, its only an standalone website...Working in one system. With IIS Server.
    Rengaraj

Reg: 2nd Excercise: for ajax which are the softwares required ?
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    Sir,
    Reg the second excercise ? which software is required ( 2. Develop a simple AJAX applications)
    Advance Thanks,
    Rengaraj.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Even if the website is not a database driven website, it can be coded with simple HTML. For that, all you'll need is software browser. The same applies to AJAX as well, but I guess any simple AJAX exercise would need database connectivity and JavaScript knowledge.

You don't need special software to do that, except for the XAMPP or WAMP server, assuming you're operating on Windows platform.
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    The_Big_K
    Even if the website is not a database driven website, it can be coded with simple HTML. For that, all you'll need is software browser. The same applies to AJAX as well, but I guess any simple AJAX exercise would need database connectivity and JavaScript knowledge.

You don't need special software to do that, except for the XAMPP or WAMP server, assuming you're operating on Windows platform.
    Sir,
    Now i need , database and javascript knowledge
    with that i require XAMPP or WAMP Server

for ajax application.
    Hav i understood right ???
    Rengaraj
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm assuming that you're on Windows operating system. Download XAMPP lite and run the server/database as per your requirement through XAMPP. That's the the minimum requirement for running a PHP/DB driven website.
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    The_Big_K
    I'm assuming that you're on Windows operating system. Download XAMPP lite and run the server/database as per your requirement through XAMPP. That's the the minimum requirement for running a PHP/DB driven website.

Yes sir, i have windows operating system only.
    The XAMPP lite is built-in with .NET ???

Is Ajax not possible with simple Javascript and HTML web page ???

PHP is necessary????

R.Rengaraj

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, With more CEans, we get more active community and you can help in making that possible. Here are few ideas that can help us in getting more content and...
CEans, Just wanted to give you an idea of what we're currently working on. The CrazyEngineers frontpage design we adopted months ago is being switched to a very simple layout....
EG333 By Micromax boasts High Speed Internet Access Provided By Tata Photon+ service. Micromax is known for Dual SIM phones and this phone supports Photon (CDMA) + (GSM) networks [...
iPad2 will be launched in the first week of February 2011. It will have iPhone's Retina Display and also front and back end cameras. If you are looking to buy...
CEans, We've integrated Facebook Login on CrazyEngineers. We'll also start supporting registration with Facebook ID. If you have a facebook account, simply hit the F-Connect button above and connect your...