Software firms that offer summer training - Best companies?

hi all,

i have been going through the threds in the "general help" forum and found out that many Ceans are int their 2nd year and are obviously planning for the summer training in the coming summer break. am also a 2nd yr IT student and dont know much about it

1. which all software firms offer summer training???
2. how important is the COMPANY name from where one is being trained?
3. what does the company expect from the trainee?
4. how important is the training from carrer point??
5 which is the best company (as per your experience) for training?

many of you must be well established engineers in your respective trades...

i request all the CEans to go through this thread and help the budding engineers.

please try to answer each question separately !

Replies

• aashima
    aashima
    DEP
    hi all,
    1. which all software firms offer summer training???
    2. how important is the COMPANY name from where one is being trained?
    3. what does the company expect from the trainee?
    4. how important is the training from carrer point??
    5 which is the best company (as per your experience) for training?
    Hello
    Well Training does forms an integral part of the curriculum. Let me try and elaborate point by point.
    1. As far as the s/w companies are concerned, there are numerous ones which provide training but the emphasis should be laid on extracting the best out of this limited period of training. Its better to consider the company that promises you a learning experience rather than just providing a certificate.

2. Company name does hold some importance but not a great deal. All that matters is the content you have been through, the project undertaken and your extent of participation and indulgence in the same.

3. Company only expects that the trainee should be clear and through with the basic fundamentals of his/her respective field of expertise. (With basic, it really means basic, not necassarily into deep knowledge.)

4. Well training plays the role in bolstering your practical knowledge, your exposure to the co-operate world and most importantly it plays a great role at the time of your recruitment process. If your work is worth it, your project can be all that you need to get a job letter!!

5. No best company as such my friend. Just consider the one which has quality work capacity and deals in the interest areas as of yours.

Do let me know if I missed out on anything.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Wow Aashima,

That is some post. I'm truly impressed. I thnk there are lot of guys enquiring about summer training. Its good that people are taking interest in their studies seriously 😉

DEP, I think Aashima answered all your queries well enough. I only want to reinforce the point that go for quality work rather than a company name. It will be more than useful not only in your curriculum but also ahead during your placements.
  • sristi
    sristi
    that was really a good/very helpful
    explanation Aashima
  • sohrab_kalra
    sohrab_kalra
    help me wth this..

hi people
    i am a second year b.e undergraduate in computer science with thapar institute of engg and technology ,patiala,and as everybody the first thing on my mind asof now is Summer training?

now some of the questions i hav been facing are

1)delhi or bangalore-because it isnt all work and no fun😉
    2)if bangalore-then
    a)independent project or some company
    b)if i learn something independently then what(tht can be done nicely in six weeks)?n from where ?.
    c)if some company-how to get thru with it,i do know many seniors in many of tyhe companies and also which company in banglore can be hlpful

now i personally want to do something independentaly in bangalore
    so wud be really helpful if somebdy can provide some information

regards
    sohrab😉
  • aashima
    aashima
    Re: help me wth this..

sohrab_kalra
    1)delhi or bangalore-because it isnt all work and no fun😉
    2)if bangalore-then
    a)independent project or some company
    b)if i learn something independently then what(tht can be done nicely in six weeks)?n from where ?.
    c)if some company-how to get thru with it,i do know many seniors in many of tyhe companies and also which company in banglore can be hlpful

now i personally want to do something independentaly in bangalore
    so wud be really helpful if somebdy can provide some information

regards
    sohrab😉
    Hello Sohrab
    I guess your query is more or less similar to the previous one. But answering in your way, let me try if I can help you out.

1) Well does Delhi or B'lore differ anyways? Both in terms of work and fun, I guess they go almost equal. Moreover, while on a sincere tarining, you would hardly have time for fun, so better choose the training prior to work rather than fun. You'll enjoy anywhere for that matter.

2.a) Well as of deciding between independent project or a company, this completely depends on you. If you really think you are capable and efficient enough to handle an independent preject and conclude it, go for it without giving in a second thought but as for most of the cases, this seems pretty difficult. So its always advisable to go for a company as it provides you the necassary initial preparation, an introduction to the working process with proper guidance.

b) For independent one, you can brush up the fundamentals of the language you are most comfortable with, think of some creative and impressive idea that can be implemented and start working on it. You can always seek help of your friends and seniors in the same.

c) As you said, your seniors can provide you and advice the best company that will promise you a quality work during your 6 weeks summer training.

Hope I could help you to some extent.
  • Alisha Arora
    Alisha Arora
    I want to do summer training for about 6 weeks. Kindly furnish the information on how to apply for the same. I am a third year student persuing b tech in computer science and engineering. I have no approach or references.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Its time to gather feedback about the CE Bulletin. On 2nd of every month, the CE bulletin goes to CEans spread across the world. The CE - Editorial team...
Hi everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!1 My name is Sujatha and am working in Embedded Software. Its nice to meet u all in this site. I hope we can share not only our knowledge...
hii all can anyone explain when a stack is called up/down growing😕
I was in Delhi, boarding a train to Amritsar, my first visit to the historical place. But much like other Indians that day, my mind was somewhere else, India vs...
Hello! I want to know if sound/audio engineers are around on this forum? I have not seen anyone 😉 So I'm assuming I'm the only one here .