Software Engineering Or Computer Engineering??

Hey Guys, Am a computer maniac and i would like to pursue my undergraduate degree in CSE but recently i saw that lots of Universities were offering a combo degree of Computer Science & Software Engineering or Simply Software Engineering. So please can u guys suggest me which one should i take so that it could give me better jobs & further learning scoop in the future. And i am also a little confuse about the degree in Information technology too.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE 😀 !

Good to know that you are a computer maniac. However, may we know whether you are interested in hardware or software?

The first step in deciding the course is to go through the course contents and having a word with seniors (if possible). Completely ignore imaginary stuff like 'better jobs' or 'further learning' - its all useless because no one knows the future. Instead, go through the course content and find out which course looks more interesting to you and aligns with your passion.

Be assured there are plenty of job opportunities in the world and unlimited learning opportunities in everything.
  • totalcrazy007
    totalcrazy007
    Thanks The_BIG_K..!#-Link-Snipped-# And am actually interested in Software. But am confuse as both the courses were related to computer..!!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Totalcrazy,
    I maybe wrong, since I am only articulating a guess here ... but if the course is on Software Engineering, then it would be more indepth on SE as a practice. Thus, you would be having a deeper look at Project management, Software methodologies, SDLC.

If it were Computer Science and SE, then I assume it will cover a broader berth of topics. You need to decide whether you want to focus on SE or cover the gamut. Breadth or depth you choose 😀
  • totalcrazy007
    totalcrazy007
    Thanks for your reply Kidakaka. But am still really confuse. And also my parents don't think that i should pursue my Engineering degree in CSE or SE or IT as they think that i will not get any jobs unlike the other engineering courses. For somewhat its true though as there are lots of IT and CSE engineers unlike the others. So please help me as I got only a few months to apply for an engineering degree.
  • kumar_nitin
    kumar_nitin
    you should be with your passion, that is computers, I guess..
    and I wud strongly prefer CSE ove S/W Engg.
    even IT is also a nice choice, as IT and CSE are almost all same..
    So, I think your preferences would be..
    1) CSE
    2) IT
    3) S/W Engg.

all the best for entrance exams . .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Papillon is a very good book. It is a kind of book that, if you start reading it, you will not keep it aside till the end. Writting is so...
Hold on! The question is more serious than you think it is. I know you have discussed this over hot coffee with your friends but ultimately there were no conculsions...
I am not sure how many of us are aware of FLOCK browser, intended to be social networking browser ( The home page itself alings itself to varioous social networking...
I require projects based on PLC
Can you suggest me a good name for the magazine of an engineering college? The college is celebrating silver jubilee and releasing a magazine on this occasion. sanskrit names are...