Snapdeal Teewe Is The Chromecast Alternative From India

The technoholics in India are often seen fretting about how cool technologies are always arriving late in India and how many of them are forced to buy their favorite products from overseas markets. But this trend seems to be breaking as Snapdeal has jumped in the 'Internet of Things' fray with their latest product: Teewe - a media streaming device for TVs with an HDMI port. The Snapdeal Teewe is essentially the 'younger brother' of Chromecast, a $35 video streaming stick by Google.

The concept of media streaming devices for televisions is a new concept in India. These devices have a pretty straightforward task: To browse and play the media files present on all of the devices connected to a Wi-Fi network. Also, Teewe can stream all the users' videos, pictures and audio files from a smartphone or a laptop/PC connected to a network on the TV. The Teewe initializes when plugged in the HDMI port of the TV and then automatically detects the devices connected to the Wi-Fi network.

tewee1

The 'remote' of this device is the Teewe smartphone app. It lets the user browse and play media and control the sound and also lets you play and pause the videos. The Teewe app also allows users to queue up videos like a playlist. Also, special sections are kept on the app for Online TV shows and Online movies. To summarize, it will be like controlling all the media files on the connected devices via your smartphone.

The device runs on a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.5GHz and has a DDR 3 RAM of 1GB. Banglore-based Mango Man Consumer Electronics has developed this product for Snapdeal. The Teewe dongle is currently available for pre-order on Snapdeal for a price of Rs. 1,999. Snapdeal is also giving away an HDMI extension cable and a micro-USB charger along with the dongle.
So, Yay or Nay on the Teewe? Share with us in the comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    If only it didn't had any mention of Snapdeal. Whenever that name is associated with anything, the only word that comes into my mind is "Scam". I'd rather stay without TV than getting any scamdeal things even for free. My two cents.
  • Himanshu911
    Himanshu911
    maybe you should check out the device at #-Link-Snipped-#.. i thing it is a stronger contender for being a substitute device for chomecast in india
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans.... Have anyone thought about road accidents in India. There are many factors like : Drinking and Driving, Overs Speeding, Sleepless driving. etc Some accidents also occur due to...
sir i am a b.tech final year student and as a project submission, i want to make frequency synthesizer i.e. if i speak then the device convert it into another...
sir i am a b.tech final year student and as a project submission, i want to make frequency synthesizer i.e. if i speak then the device convert it into another...
i know that abstract classes cannot be instantiated but we say that then we create the sub-class object then first that will run the parent class constructor which is our...
Founded in June 2012, The Media Ant is a privately held Marketing and Advertising company by Samir Chaudhary, Mayank Bidawatka and Mukesh Agrawal. The Media Ant is a market place...